PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the New practice Rules Reducing the Pats' Edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyronePoole

Banned
Reaction score
The Pats have always seemed like the most prepared team in the NFL on any given Sunday, and I realize they have a very young team but does anyone think they seem to constantly start slow lately?

I don't know if it's part of the new practice rules which as of last year are more limited than in years prior, but they seem more out of synch than they normally do. Specifically, that back and forth conversation Brady had with the OL yesterday where it was clear they weren't really on the same page as to what's going on. I can't ever remember seeing that.

It seems like a Belichick-coached team would be the first to suffer from a reduction in the amount of allowed preparation, I just hope that if it's true they can make up for it as the year goes on like they seemed to last year.

No idea how it impacts the Patriots, but my guess is the rule would help the teams that practice efficentially and/or learn quickly since every minute of practice now has more importance. Hopefully thats the case for the Pats and it turns into an edge. But my guess is its probably a non factor since these players are getting conditioning and film/playbook study on the side / on their own time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back