PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Nets still hated?

NJSportsFanatic

On the Roster
Reaction score
Are the Nets are on the same level of Yankees, Colts, and the Lakers in terms of fan hatred? I hope they are. I hope you guys are still ticked off about what happened in 2002 and 2003 when the Nets clinched their playoff series win at the Fleet Center. I still enjoy seeing J-Kidd give your fans a F You at the game and it was nice to see Byron Scott protray Celtics fans as racist fans back then.

Nobody cares.

Are the Nets are on the same level of Yankees, Colts, and the Lakers in terms of fan hatred? I hope they are. I hope you guys are still ticked off about what happened in 2002 and 2003 when the Nets clinched their playoff series win at the Fleet Center. I still enjoy seeing J-Kidd give your fans a F You at the game and it was nice to see Byron Scott protray Celtics fans as racist fans back then.

Are they on the same level with those teams? Not even close. The Nets were never hated here, at least not compared to the real historical rivals of the Celts, the Sixers, the Knicks, and the Lakers. There was a good little mini-rivalry brewing there for those 2 years, but it fell off with the decline of both teams going forward. Hard to really get a good rivalry going anyway when the prize they were playing for was to see who was going to get stomped by whoever came out of the Western conference!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back