PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the JETS after South Carolina OLB Melvin Ingram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the Jets are really after Ingram, how high do they go and how much are they willing to give up for him?

I've just mocked them trading up with the Panthers, swapping firsts and giving up their 3rd and 2013 3rd.

I dont think Ingram is going to do that well in the NFL. I think he's too much of a tweener and will need to find a team that is a right fit to succeed.

How do you all feel about brockers over ingram?

I dont think Ingram is going to do that well in the NFL. I think he's too much of a tweener and will need to find a team that is a right fit to succeed.

Why is he a tweener?

Just because of his height. Well I hate to break it to you but there are a lot of successful players that aren't the "ideal height" especially at DE/OLB.

Remember that year Lamarr Woddley went in the 2nd rd because of his "lack of height".

Players that were 6'4 or above got drafted way higher than him, like Gaines Adams and Jarvis Moss.......

Yeah!!! Height determines success!

Shawn Crable can attest to that too!! bwahhahaha. What a freakin joke!

Last edited:
How do you all feel about brockers over ingram?

Yes, I think Brockers has tons of upside and unless injured will be a better pro in our system than just about everybody in this draft, not named Luck. (I have not seen a QB as good as Luck in college since Peyton Manning, and Peyton was a 4 year guy, while Luck is a three year guy)

Brockers as a 3-4 DE in our system, brings the total package, but needs tons of work on technque and strength; which Pepper and Nash can provide during Brocker's red shirt year.

Who Ingram? I thought Upshaw had the short arms and Ingram had above average arms.

Both do. I was talking about Imgram. He will be toasted in the run game esp against long arm offensive Tackles like Solder.

Both do. I was talking about Imgram. He will be toasted in the run game esp against long arm offensive Tackles like Solder.

In the pass game, generally the longer armed man has a huge advantage, but in the run game I don't see arm length as important as the ability to sink your hips, because you have to stack before you can shed.

I thought Ingram's arms were 33 plus inches long?

In the pass game, generally the longer armed man has a huge advantage, but in the run game I don't see arm length as important as the ability to sink your hips, because you have to stack before you can shed.

I thought Ingram's arms were 33 plus inches long?

10char

Why is he a tweener?

Just because of his height. Well I hate to break it to you but there are a lot of successful players that aren't the "ideal height" especially at DE/OLB.

Remember that year Lamarr Woddley went in the 2nd rd because of his "lack of height".

Players that were 6'4 or above got drafted way higher than him, like Gaines Adams and Jarvis Moss.......

Yeah!!! Height determines success!

Shawn Crable can attest to that too!! bwahhahaha. What a freakin joke!

For the points you mentioned size means less to me then other attributes such as playing the position. He's a tweener OLB/DE and I just don't think he has the wherewithal play in space. Some team is going to have to be real specific with him to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots