PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the homers getting ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see how things settle out, but if any of you are banking on a strong draft, look no further than last years absolute debacle, one player out of that bunch stuck with the team and he has hands of stone..............

OK, then. Can you name one player the Pats could have taken with one of their comp picks (in rounds 5, 6, and 7) that would clearly have made the roster last year?

So the fact I WANT Moss to stay makes him made out of glass? Nice another homer with no sense. Love how you all use my term day in and day out! Danny 88 is in your heads!!!!!

You clowns make me laugh! Belichick could cut Brady, and all you homers would find away to justify it as a prudent football move :rolleyes:

We have not won a superbowl since 20o4, and cutting randy moss would make that trend continue.

I need the lotto numbers for next week. PM the to me please.

We'll see how things settle out, but if any of you are banking on a strong draft, look no further than last years absolute debacle, one player out of that bunch stuck with the team and he has hands of stone..............

Last years draft was a debacle??

Lets see we got a promising young safety in Merriwether in the 1st
turned our 28th pick in the 1st into the 7th pick in this years draft ( much stronger draft class )
Our very late 2nd round pick we traded for Welker, hmm I think that worked out ok.
We traded our 4th round pick for Moss

yep that was a debacle if I ever saw one :rolleyes:

To make excuse after excuse as to why it is ok that Randy Moss was not signed.

Randy opens things up for everyone. If this guy walks I cannot wait to hear all the homers try to justify a terrible mistake by the pats!

:singing:

No doubt you and 31 other teams in the NFL hoped we would have franchised him.

We'd have retained a digruntled player for one more year while DESTROYING our player relations and ability to attract guys similar to Moss in the future.

We have not won a superbowl since 2004. I love how the homers all the sudden think we don't need Moss since we might not keep him

The Pats didn't need him last year, either. I think most people agreed that Stallworth/Welker/Washington was a pretty impressive combination; getting Moss was just gravy.

BTW--it's saying something about how far this team has come that you can actually seriously be complaining about the fact that the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl in three seasons.

So the fact I WANT Moss to stay makes him made out of glass? Nice another homer with no sense. I Love how homers use my glass saying day in and day out! Danny 88 is in your heads!!!!!

You clowns make me laugh! Belichick could cut Brady, and all you homers would find away to justify it as a prudent football move :rolleyes:

We have not won a superbowl since 2004. I love how the homers all the sudden think we don't need Moss since we might not keep him
I guess you don't understand the New England Patriots must stay within the confines dictated by the SALARY CAP! If Moss wants to break the New England Patriots bank, he can take his business elsewhere. The New England Patriots survived without Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Willie McGinest, Deion Branch, David Givens, and Daniel Graham.

Meanwhile, there exists a mechanism in the NFL to replace unrestricted free agents called the NFL Draft.

Randy opens things up for everyone. If this guy walks I cannot wait to hear all the homers try to justify a terrible mistake by the pats!

Homer here. WE were 3 minutes from going to the Super Bowl without him and 3 minutes from winning the Super Bowl with him. Not a big payoff for 10 M. I think the focus on him takes away from the diversity of the entire offense. I'll be glad to have him back but won't cry if we move. In true Homer stance, whatever BB decides is good for me, it's still in BB I trust for me.

Last years draft was a debacle??

Lets see we got a promising young safety in Merriwether in the 1st With hands of stone
turned our 28th pick in the 1st into the 7th pick in this years draft ( much stronger draft class ) Jury is still out on the pick
Our very late 2nd round pick we traded for Welker, hmm I think that worked out ok. Yes, he worked out terrific.
We traded our 4th round pick for Moss And he might not stay

yep that was a debacle if I ever saw one Yes it was, two players, possibly losing Moss and we'll see what they do with the #7 pick. If they trade down for a late first and another second and don't use the pick, what will you say then?

I'll say it again; of the seven picks, one stuck with the team. Welker is a great talent, so that's two. IF Moss stays, it was a steal, if not.................

End result of the season was we lost the Super Bowl, so yes, it was a debacle. The Patriots aren't the Bruins, who used to measure success by how many Adams division Champions banners hung from the rafters.............get a clue chief, ok...........

yep that was a debacle if I ever saw one Yes it was, two players, possibly losing Moss and we'll see what they do with the #7 pick. If they trade down for a late first and another second and don't use the pick, what will you say then?

End result of the season was we lost the Super Bowl, so yes, it was a debacle. The Patriots aren't the Bruins, who used to measure success by how many Adams division Champions banners hung from the rafters.............get a clue chief, ok...........

At this exact moment, the worst case scenario is that the Pats traded Oakland a fourth-rounder to rent Moss for a year and get a late-3rd round comp pick in 2009.

From #24, #28, #60, and #92 in last year's draft, they got Brandon Meriweather, Wes Welker, a year of Randy Moss, and the #7 and #69 picks in 2008. If you think that's a "debacle," then I really don't know what else to say: I won't convince you I'm right, and you won't convince me you're not wrong.

So the fact I WANT Moss to stay makes him made out of glass? Nice another homer with no sense. I Love how homers use my glass saying day in and day out! Danny 88 is in your heads!!!!!
Another tantrum Danny Boy? Why don't you put your pacifier back in your mouth and take your afternoon nap?

I don't remember Moss being here in 2001, 2003 & 2004!
Do you have any excuse why we won the Super Bowl those 3 seasons?

If you think that's a "debacle," then I really don't know what else to say: I won't convince you I'm right, and you won't convince me you're not wrong.

Yes it is a debacle and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise, so thanks for playing....................

Hey look! Moved to the visitors locker room. Congrats Dannyboy! You've arrived.:bricks:

We don't know what was being offered and we don't know what Moss is looking for. Every player has a maximum price that a team can afford to pay a player, any player.

Maybe danny88 should go back to his MLB forums where they can pay any player anything. That way he won't have to strain his brain thinking about the big picture.

What he said.

It would be great to see him re-sign, but facts are facts:

Superbowl wins without Moss - 3

Superbowl wins with Moss - 0

Danny82, I think your name is only a legend in your own mind. May I suggest you try changing your screen name. No other members names are in anyone's heads there bro...what are you talking about?

You almost sound like that is your goal...to get in people's heads. Well if it is, you've failed and you always will fail. Because that takes lots & lots of INTELLIGENCE.:D

Danny82, I think your name is only a legend in your own mind. May I suggest you try changing your screen name. No other members names are in anyone's heads there bro...what are you talking about?

You almost sound like that is your goal...to get in people's heads. Well if it is, you've failed and you always will fail. Because that takes lots & lots of INTELLIGENCE.:D

Lol, Danny got banned...AGAIN!
What happened Danny? Call one too many people an idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots