PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Giants Super Bowl favorites now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they are. I don't think SF has much of a chance against them and they most certainly will be a favorite regardless of whether it is the Pats or the Ravens.

I could see the Giants favored over either AFC foe. However th Niners would probably be underdogs to both. They already lost to the Ravens and I would think NE would be a neutral indoor field favorite.

The Pats will def be the favorite regardless..If they are -7 vs the Ravens, it will be similar vs. the Giants....if they get there.

The Pats will def be the favorite regardless..If they are -7 vs the Ravens, it will be similar vs. the Giants....if they get there.

I don't care about these dumb ass las vegas odds. That doesn't mean jack ****. It is all about how the media portrays it, and i PRAY that if the patriots vs the giants, the patriots are underdogs.

Nope...Brady and BB will be favored regardless especially in the media..Giants will be the underdogs vs. 49ers too who they will lose to.

I could see the Giants favored over either AFC foe. However th Niners would probably be underdogs to both. They already lost to the Ravens and I would think NE would be a neutral indoor field favorite.
SF is a 3 point favorite over the Giants. Since HFA is worth 3 points, that means the betting public sees those 2 teams as being pretty much equal.

Yes, I would not like the chances of Patriots IF, it came to Patriots vs. Giants in the SB.. Lost to Giants in last 2 plays against them, and in the final moments of the game!

I think a BIG matchup that media would love is: Ravens vs. 49ers

Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh

Nope the media would absolutely EAT UP Pats vs Giants. First of all new york is a huge media market. Second of all it would be billed as the rematch of the century. Everyone remembers Super bowl 2007 and they would tune in to see what would happen if these two teams meet up again.

SF should be the favorite. They took out one of the hottest teams.
Giants are really scary when they play like they are playing right now but they played a GB team that decided to their worst game of the season at the worst possible time.

My Final four rank:
49ers
Patriots
Giants
Ravens

but honestly, each team has a good size flaw. I really can't wait till next Sunday since it should be a great day for football.

Why because GB sucked today and Rodgers threw an interception when he went all season, 16 games, with only throwing 6?

Giants are 18th offensively. 17th defensively.
The 49ers are #2 offense and #1 defense.
Pats have the #3 offense and the #2 defense.

And the 49ers already whooped them once so no, they are not the favorites. Pats are in all honesty, slight underdogs, because they are a bit untested compared to the 49ers at this point, but it will be a wash come Super Bowl time. Bet safely on the 49ers next Sunday though. They will murder the Giants.

And even against a bad GB team how did the Giants rank?

Giants scoring offense and scoring defense efficiency:
Scoring Offense 18.4 yards per point - Good enough to be 28th in the league. Pretty expected.
Scoring Defense: 123.5 yards per point - incredible defensive showing, yes. That Giants D saved their ass, but it was more about GB beating themselves.

The #1 defense is at 20.0 yards per point

No defense does that to a good offense. None. Whenever a defense has a rating of 120+ that means the other team's offense screwed the pooch bad.

That is an inflated efficiency stat. The kind you should run away from.

Last edited:
I really hope 49ers win...

Giants effectively beat the Packers 37-6 today (refs kept both of Packers TD drives alive with a horrible call on a should be fumble and a phantom rough the passer call). Regardless of who comes out of the NFC it's going to be a touch match up for us. The Giants are hot right now but the 49ers are the more consistent team, especially defensively. I can't say who I'd rather play more but as long as we hoist the Lombardi in February I'm happy.

I'm not sure i would want to have a rematch with the Giants in the Superbowl. I think they match up against us a lot better than San Fran do.

Give me the worse QB any day of the week, i know no one on this board likes to admit it but Eli has played some very good QB this year. Give me alex smith anyday instead.

I'm not sure i would want to have a rematch with the Giants in the Superbowl. I think they match up against us a lot better than San Fran do.

Give me the worse QB any day of the week, i know no one on this board likes to admit it but Eli has played some very good QB this year. Give me alex smith anyday instead.

I think you are very right.

As much as I would love beating the Giants in a rematch, I don't know if I'd want to take the gamble of losing to them twice..lol.

That would suck on a whole new level.

SF has a shot to win this game Sunday, although many will disagree with me.

I googled current odds....
Pats 5/4
SF 11/4
Giants 11/4
Ravens 7/1

Right now, the Pats are quite heavily favored.

Giants scare me. Most balanced team left. Great Defense, two very good RB's, and some very solid WR's. I would love to see the PATS make it to the big game and win, but as a realist, the Giants have to be the favorites.

Giants are definitely playing the best football right now. That defense is possibly even better than 2007.

They are for me. That team has no fear and plays like it. God, I hate them.

Go SF!

I just love it how the media was hating on the Pats all season and now their two favorite teams GB and NO are both at home!

EXACTLY! They try so hard to replace Pats & Brady with a new flavor of'da month or season but one thing as ALWAYS been consistant, BRADY IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE # 1!

Giants are favorites, I have yet to see on several boards anyone think its possible the Pats may beat them, they are not even expected to beat BAL.

I mean does the addition of Hernandez, Gronk, Welker, Branch, Woodhead, and Ocho mean nothing when also considering the 2+ years of aging on the Ravens D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes