PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Giants Overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Giants fan is the biggest idiot I've seen on any board since the start of this season. I would love to help pick apart every asanine thing he's said but such an endeavor would require far too much of my time so I would just like to point out two things.

1. If Moore knocking the ball out of Evans' hands was luck, so was the last strip of Williams

2. You mention Brady's pep rally comment like it's some slight against the Giants. Are you blind to the fact that your team has done nothing, NOTHING but talk **** about the Pats since last week. The Patriots haven't said anything, the Giants seems to have a genetic inability to shut the **** up.

Watch the game in Green Bay two weeks ago.

With their level of execution, the Packers would have been stomped by the Colts.

"Harder road"?....ahhh....no.

Ginormous amounts of unforced turnovers is the ultimate definition of lucky.

All I meant to say was that going on the road to GB and then to SF is tougher than playing Den and Bal at home. I don't think you can really objectively debate this, regardless of how poorly GB played (which admittedly, they did, but some of that poor play can be attributed to teh Giants). Not saying that the Giants didn't catch breaks, which they did. Just that going on the road to Lambeau and then to SF is by no means an easy proposition. A fair question would be, which other team in the NFC could've pulled that feat off? I would say only the Saints, but even they fell in SF.

And to be fair, the Pats thoroughly dominated the Broncos and should've done the same thing to the Ravens. They just let the Ravens hang around with the TO's, but in the end, all that matters is that they won and they are in the SB. Whoever wins is going to be remembered as SB champs, not the road they took to get there.

Last edited:
All I meant to say was that going on the road to GB and then to SF is tougher than playing Den and Bal at home. I don't think you can really objectively debate this, regardless of how poorly GB played (which admittedly, they did, but some of that poor play can be attributed to teh Giants). Not saying that the Giants didn't catch breaks, which they did. Just that going on the road to Lambeau and then to SF is by no means an easy proposition. A fair question would be, which other team in the NFC could've pulled that feat off? I would say only the Saints, but even they fell in SF.

And to be fair, the Pats thoroughly dominated the Broncos and should've done the same thing to the Ravens. They just let the Ravens hang around with the TO's, but in the end, all that matters is that they won and they are in the SB. Whoever wins is going to be remembered as SB champs, not the road they took to get there.

No argument here. Way too rational.

No argument here. Way too rational.

haha thanks! :)

One good thing about this game is that whoever wins, I'll be able to rub it into the faces of my relatives who are Jets fans (LOL Jets). God they haven't shut up for the past three seasons.

One good thing about this game is that whoever wins, I'll be able to rub it into the faces of my relatives who are Jets fans (LOL Jets). God they haven't shut up for the past three seasons.

Indeed. The misery of Jets fan is a shared joy amongst our fanbases, to hell with 'em.

Makes perfect sense.

A Hail Mary? really?

Makes perfect sense.

A Hail Mary? really?

Sometimes things just go your way. Hail Mary's are successful about 7% of the time in NFL games. But the Packers played poo poo defense on that Hail Mary. Can't attribute all of that Hail Mary to luck, but to the spotty Packers pass d. There was NO CB on Nicks during that play. What was he supposed to do, just drop the ball?

And even I was surprised at how the game wasn't even close. Seems everything was going our way. Might as well capitalize on opponents poor play, and not play down to their level. It's what good teams do and it's what the Pats have done for the past 12 years.

Not really

They knocked out what many believed to be the best team in football, then went into Candlestick and took care of business in terrible conditions.

If you feel that way, you might wish to browse one of our annual Jets threads:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/11/336852-jets-suck-merged.html

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/787244-2011-season-jets-suck-merged-lot.html

It's a young tradition yet, but we're very proud of it, and we think it's really giving us some quality thread work here. ;)

If you feel that way, you might wish to browse one of our annual Jets threads:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/11/336852-jets-suck-merged.html

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/787244-2011-season-jets-suck-merged-lot.html

It's a young tradition yet, but we're very proud of it, and we think it's really giving us some quality thread work here. ;)

Reading through this now. funny stuff. Really honing you guys posting abilities. I must say, with a gleeful heart, that the Jets do indeed suck.

Not really endorsing it, but I think it would be hilarious if Pats fans sent a "wishing you guys were here in Indy. Missing you" card to the Jets or Rex Ryan. Giants fans could maybe do one as the "little brother."

Nothing makes me happier than seeing them revel in their misery. From a Giants fans perspective, the only thing the Jets have to worry about during the regular season is when their stadium rent is due.

Last edited:
Sometimes things just go your way. Hail Mary's are successful about 7% of the time in NFL games. But the Packers played poo poo defense on that Hail Mary. Can't attribute all of that Hail Mary to luck, but to the spotty Packers pass d. There was NO CB on Nicks during that play. What was he supposed to do, just drop the ball?

And even I was surprised at how the game wasn't even close. Seems everything was going our way. Might as well capitalize on opponents poor play, and not play down to their level. It's what good teams do and it's what the Pats have done for the past 12 years.

Thanks for the review

I'll sleep even less well until Sunday.

Reading through this now. funny stuff. Really honing you guys posting abilities. I must say, with a gleeful heart, that the Jets do indeed suck...

I think it's great that, even with the Super Bowl coming up this weekend, Giants fans and Patriots fans can find such an area of agreement. It's this sort of detente that can lead to a better world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back