PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Dan Quinn Falcons legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you've got a great offense, you don't need an elite defense to win the SB. 2014 Pats are an example of that.

Their defense looks good enough right now.
Keith Richards called and he wants his cocaine back.

Their schedule is really easy, they play the same divisions that the Pats play - AFCN, NFCE. Panthers division games should test them, but the rest is very easy.
The Pats and Falcons play the AFCS, not the AFCN

This is a team that had 5 straight winning seasons under Smith, before age and injuries (GM issues and 'luck') derailed them in back-to-back seasons. Jones is healthy again, and they've got a running back who's been able to stay on the field.

Combine that with their schedule

Redskins
Saints
Titans
Bucs
49ers
bye
Colts
Vikings
Bucs
Panthers
Jaguars
Panthers
Saints

and you've got a team that's definitely a legitimate playoff contender at the moment. How far they can go is something that's too soon to tell, IMO. We may not get a good handle on that all season.

Probably not, but they are fun

They're good enough to get into the playoffs but I don't think they're tough enough to travel north in January and win outside of a dome if they need to go to GB, SEA, or even New York (who the hell knows who wins that division...)

If they get lucky enough to host playoff games, who knows.

Good, yes, legit (as in i don't think they're a fluke), yes, tough? I'm not sold. They're very much like a Colts team, very finesse, even their running game doesn't awe me, though I love what Freeman is doing.

It's week 5, this team will probably end up going 10-6 on the year, gold enough to make the playoffs but I doubt they will even beat a wc team

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes