Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are the Dallas Cowboys all hat and no cattle?

• No, they'll win the NFC East

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • No, they'll make the playoffs as an NFC wild card

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Yes, 8-8 would be a really good season for this team

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There's a wide range of opinion on this board about the NFC East Dallas Cowboys. Some are saying the Cowboys will really test - someone used the word "shred" - the New England Patriots at Gillette in Week 6. Others are pointing out the glaring weaknesses of the Cowboys, and others are predicting a blowout by the Pats at home. What say you?

The Cowboys are a very talented team that's just shot itself in the foot a couple times. If they get their act together, watch out. This will be a very tough game Sunday.

If they had another QB..they would be a good team. This is going to be a very tough game sunday..just hope they can come out on top

I know one thing fur sure..

Romo is all hat and no head :p

The Cowboys are a 4-0 team which has self-destructed twice.

That impressive Pats 30 or more pts/game streak started the week after they lost to a defense coordinated by Rob Ryan.

The Cowboys are coming off a bye week. More time to come up with schemes to confuse Brady.

So, to me, a Pats victory would be an extremely good sign for the future of the team.
And to me, a victory this week would be an upset.

Last edited:
The Cowboys are a very talented team that's just shot itself in the foot a couple times. If they get their act together, watch out. This will be a very tough game Sunday.

I'm not underestimating the Cowboys but the Pats are VERY tough at home. Romo is not an 'elite' QB yet and the Boys have serious problems with their offensive line. Good skills players but weak OL, that will really limit what the Cowboys can do on offense. The Pats have what I believe are above average corners with weak safety play. Romo won't be able to exploit the safeties if he doesn't have time to throw though. So this game will really be a test for our front 7 to get pressure on Romo. If that happens consistently this will be a blowout win for the Pats.

As far as the Cowboys' D. Yeah its good. But this Pats offense will put up 30+ on any defense out there. I don't think the Cowboys can catch up to the pressure of matching that production.

One could say that with a healthy offense,Dallas has as good a receiver corps as NE - Bryant,Witten and Austin on the field at the same time gives DCs nightmares.

Romo and his inconsistency is the only problem that Dallas has on that side of the ball.

Romo could be a top 5 QB if his patented 4th Quarter Brain Farts didn't erupt at any time.

I still feel we MUST score 35 or more to win this game because this is a game Romo absolutely cannot afford to blow on his mistakes and if they lose it may not be him,it may be the Dallas Secondary.

The Cowboys are a 4-0 team which has self-destructed twice.

That impressive Pats 30 or more pts/game streak started the week after they lost to a defense coordinated by Rob Ryan.

The Cowboys are coming off a bye week. More time to come up with schemes to confuse Brady.

So, to me, a Pats victory would be an extremely good sign for the future of the team.
And to me, a victory this week would be an upset.

Wow! A Patriots victory at home is an upset? Against anybody?

The Packers and Saints would be underdogs at Gillette. The Cowboys aren't even in the conversation with either of those teams. The oddsmakers have the Cowboys as 7-point underdogs. How can the Cowboys possibly be favorites?

Bill Parcells taught us, "You are what your record says you are." The Cowboys are a .500 team right now, regardless of how they lost. Led by Tony "Oops" Romo, the Dallas Cowboys lead the NFL in 2nd half turnovers - that is who they is.

The bye week is an advantage to the Cowboys, but also more time to obsess about how they lose. I see them coming into Foxboro very tight.

Last edited:
I'm not underestimating the Cowboys but the Pats are VERY tough at home. Romo is not an 'elite' QB yet and the Boys have serious problems with their offensive line. Good skills players but weak OL, that will really limit what the Cowboys can do on offense. The Pats have what I believe are above average corners with weak safety play. Romo won't be able to exploit the safeties if he doesn't have time to throw though. So this game will really be a test for our front 7 to get pressure on Romo. If that happens consistently this will be a blowout win for the Pats.

As far as the Cowboys' D. Yeah its good. But this Pats offense will put up 30+ on any defense out there. I don't think the Cowboys can catch up to the pressure of matching that production.

The Matchup of the game which could decide it will be Matt Light vs. Demarcus Ware....Light has struggled at times with premiere edge rushers and Ware is as good as it gets.

Gronkowski may be asked to help on that side on 3rd and long.

I see it the same way. From a talent standpoint, they're as good as anyone in the NFL. I think they present several match up problems for us and I expect a very tough game. I don't expect them to make the same mental errors this Sunday.

Agreed. We shouldn't underestimate the Boys, but we shouldn't also end up underestimating our own team as well. The Pats record at home is unmatched in the NFL over the past 2 seasons. This offense is playing at an amazing level and if anything it looks even better than the 2010 offense which already went down in the record books as a top 10 scoring offense of all time (total points in a season).

When I say it looks better I mean that our two tight ends from last year look to have taken a step up to the next level and over the past two games we've proven that we can employ the running game to win football games. Our offensive line is also looking stellar. I had no idea that adding Waters would make such a difference. What a great offseason signing that seems to be so far! Not to mention Solder has looked even better than advertised as a rookie and we're getting Vollmer back. This is a super talented offensive line protecting Brady right now. Oh and did I mention that Welker is playing like a madman? Just so many things to get excited about!

Wow! A Patriots victory at home is an upset? Against anybody?

The Packers and Saints would be underdogs at Gillette. The Cowboys aren't even in the conversation with either one of those teams.

Bill Parcells taught us, "You are what your record says you are." The Cowboys are a .500 team right now, regardless of how they lost. Led by Tony "Oops" Romo, the Dallas Cowboys lead the NFL in 2nd half turnovers - that is who they is.

The bye week is an advantage to the Cowboys, but also more time to obsess about how they lose. I see them coming into Foxboro very tight.

I am still nervous about this one..and to make things worse i won't be able to watch the game tomorrow :mad::mad::mad:

And they probably would have scored thirty that week if Gronk didnt have such a bad game. Even though Cleveland did a good job the Pats shot themselves in the foot

Cowboys are still a very dangerous team. They have serious playmakers on both sides of the ball. I wouldn't be surprised if Romo has a huge bounce-back game against the Patriots defense today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back