PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Colts still significant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton to me has had ONE good playoff game.

How can you even utter such an ignorant statement?

The guy not only won a SB, he destroyed the Chiefs and destroyed the Broncos at least twice in the playoffs.

You sound like Brady's critics after SB XXXVI when he got MVP with "only" 145 yards passing. You want to measure a guy's performance based upon criteria you are making up in your mind. If you saw what Brady did with 145 yards then how can you ***** about Manning's performances where his team won the games?

Just be fair and quit WHINING about credit that Manning earned. I can't stand the fact that Patriots fans who are super-rich with the envy of the league are still trying to take away from other teams when they accomplish something. Give it up will you? Grow up to the point where you can give credit to a superb athlete no matter what uniform he wears.

Let's hope that the Patriots coaching staff and players do not feel that the Colts are not significant if there is a rematch.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's not much chance of that happening.

I think a lot of people who post on this board would be surprised what Belichick thinks about Manning. I'd be willing to bet anyone he considers him the most serious threat to his team since he's been coaching the Pats. He's devised some plans to beat him. And, has built an offense that can probably outscore them now. But, Manning did beat us 3x in a row. Granted we were beat up. But, they still beat us. The Colt defense has impressed me this year. I think the loss of Freeney will hurt them more against us than any one of the receivers.

Hold on here, we're all forgetting one MAJOR thing: the Colts are made for the cold weather of January while the Patriots are a finesse team. And with Harrison back they become even more dangerous than the team we barely beat a few weeks ago.

Oops, sorry...I just took a few sips of the media's kool-aid.

I must say, however, that I really think the Colts will be a threat come playoff time. They're getting back an older but still very good WR and a few other key starters. If they're reasonably healthy come January they have a good, fast defense to go with Manning, Wayne, Clark, Harrison and Addai. I don't care what they've done the past month or who they struggled to beat before then. I DO believe the Pats would beat them--especially in a game played in Foxboro--but in terms of threats to this team, it's hard to really find any so I'd say the team that's beaten them three of the last 4 is as good as anywhere to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back