PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Colts now in the heads of Belichick and the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are the Colts now in the Heads of Belichick and the Team

They're definitely in my head, for what that's worth.

But, more seriously, the fact that the pendulum has swung so dramatically over the last six or seven years is why this will go down as one of the great rivalries in the history of NFL and all sports.

We can console ourselves with this thought, though: the Brady Pats will always be viewed as getting the better of the rivalry unless Peyton wins another ring.

Not to take anything away from what he accomplished last night, but the Colts are definitely vulnerable to an opponent who can play with them for 60 minutes. Unfortunately, we weren't that opponent last night. Maybe we or someone else can be in January.

Last edited:

More like ignorance or arrogance. This is a different team & different game in which we clearly outplayed them. Pats defense held their own. We stopped them 9 outta 14 TD were in a prevent type D. Pats should have punted pin them back to like their own 25-30. Our D Was confident.

Because they held them to 4 TD's on 14 drives? You realize that isn't necessarily GOOD right? Saying a defense should be confident with those stats is like saying Pedro Martinez should be confident facing Hideki Matsui because he gets him out 70% of the time.

Oh and also, Indianapolis was absolutely gutting this defense from the middle/late 3rd quarter onward. Turnovers were merely brought about my lame duck passes by Manning. If this offense produced even 85% of what they did last night, they would have gotten absolutely demolished. Sometimes it's not so much "they're in our head" than it is "this team just matches up well against us".

I think we're in Colts heads. Here we come again in their building their fans loud & raunchy. Pats held their own actually out played them unfortunately it was for only 58 1/2 mins. There were times when we saw that disgusted look from manning. Do you really thing they want to meet us again no matter where we play?

Because they held them to 4 TD's on 14 drives? You realize that isn't necessarily GOOD right? Saying a defense should be confident with those stats is like saying Pedro Martinez should be confident facing Hideki Matsui because he gets him out 70% of the time.

Oh and also, Indianapolis was absolutely gutting this defense from the middle/late 3rd quarter onward. Turnovers were merely brought about my lame duck passes by Manning. If this offense produced even 85% of what they did last night, they would have gotten absolutely demolished. Sometimes it's not so much "they're in our head" than it is "this team just matches up well against us".

That would be the product of the "mighty" prevent defense that was called after halftime.

Exactly my point. Just like we hammer points in when we're on offense runnin up scores etc keep puttin pressure on Manning. Just disgust look on his face through out showed we frustrated him. I saw a different approach on D after halftime.

The only way the Patriots will beat the Colts is to play a mistake

free game. If they did that last night, the Patriots would have won

48 to 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back