Are the Browns guilty of tampering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
With all this nonsense surrounding Givens, first the announcment on the Browns webpage before midnight, and then the retraction, and then the trip to Miami, then the cancelled, on again off again trip to houston, could all of this be a smokescreen to cover-up the obvious tampering? I mean hacking into the Browns website to post what looks like a legitimate completely plausibly story? Who does that? If your smart enough to hack into a NFL website, don't you think you would post something a little better than a phoney free-agent signing story? Hell if I could break into the Pats site I post a naked picture of NEM! Why bother hacking a website to post a story like that? I think the answer is the Browns had Givens signed, they had it done well before the official start of free agency, and the rest of this circus, is just trying to cover up this fact. Lets see where he ends up. It could even be that the Browns gave up on signing Givens after the story got posted early (which is my theory, the story was trueand simply was run early) at which time the Browns had to think what to do, so they just told Givens we can't sign you now, and his agent is now doing the cover-up.

Tampering in the past, has come with the price of your first round pick. Do you think the Krafts will ask the league to look into this? I would at least make them look at the Browns server, to see indeed if it was hacked into.

At first it appeared so, now there's too much confusion to have any idea.

Crtainly there are other cases of this as well....Brees's agent shopping around pre-midnight FA time...and Bentley having a deal with Philly BEFORE...Yes, I think they should look into it all...and I think there is a LOT of tampering..and many teams do it..and the NFL offive has been VERY lenient about it.

With all this nonsense surrounding Givens, first the announcment on the Browns webpage before midnight, and then the retraction, and then the trip to Miami, then the cancelled, on again off again trip to houston, could all of this be a smokescreen to cover-up the obvious tampering? I mean hacking into the Browns website to post what looks like a legitimate completely plausibly story? Who does that?

* Scott Pioli trying to keep other teams from trying to sign him -:) Just read the Texans 'may have' signed da Bengals WR Kevin Walter( a RFA) to an offer sheet. Maybe they'll pass on Givens.

You got something. Maybe Blank realized signing so early would raise eyebrows so is just doing a sharade now.

What are you doing with naked pictures of Nem?

Just what kind of powers does this site give moderators?

Blank was on WEEI with Dale and Holley last week and they asked him if he had heard from any other NFL teams about Givens. He said that he would never do anything unethical like that by taking calls from other teams. I just checked the EEI audio vault and they do not have that interview available......strange!

Bill's Girl said:
I just checked the EEI audio vault and they do not have that interview available......strange!

Not really. There are a lot of strange choices when they choose what to archive. For example, Jonathan Kraft was on last week after the settlement but it isn't archived either.

I think that whole cleveland affair was a mess. They were obviously talking and probably were close to signing a deal. I'm sure RAC sees jeruvicius as a good alternative to Givens. I think the agent messed up and he got one door slammed shut in his face because if the Browns did end up signing Givens, the NFL would have come knocking on Romeo's door to investigate for tampering.

Are the Browns guilty of tampering?

No (not guilty of anything that you could prove)!

Givens, however, IS guilty of having an incredibly stupid, big mouthed agent. :D

Tampering, where do you people get this stuff?

A webmaster puts together a page on Givens in anticipation of the Browns jumping into free agency (no secret that Cleveland was going to be a player). Someone gets wind of the link to that page and a first reaction is to cry foul?

Murphys95 said:
Tampering, where do you people get this stuff?

A webmaster puts together a page on Givens in anticipation of the Browns jumping into free agency (no secret that Cleveland was going to be a player). Someone gets wind of the link to that page and a first reaction is to cry foul?

You really think a webmaster put up that story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back