PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are Red Sox becoming what they hate the most???

This article is soooo 2005. The author is a few years late to the "Sox are Yankees-lite" party.

Regards,
Chris

Sorry man. Didn't know.

It was unoriginal and, as previously mentioned, 2 years old. I like the excuses he makes for the Yankees but is unwilling to make for Boston.

The difference between NY and Boston is far from negligible, just like the difference between Boston and everyone else is important.

I understand Boston has an advantage over other teams (though I won't call that advantage unfair because it didn't exist 10 years ago. It was cultivated). I don't expect anyone to root for them. They're not underdogs by any stretch of the imagination.

I just see no reason to say they're the Yankees. There aren't just two groups, the "littles" and the "bigs." There are tiers, and the Sox and Yanks definitely occupy different ones.

This is why the Patriots are 10 times more impressive than the Red Sox.

The Sox buy their wins, they bought their World Championship and beat up on teams with payrolls less than half their size. Any idiot can succeed when the margin for error is enormous.

Meanwhile the Patriots have done what they have done under a salary cap on an even playing field with every team in the league.

Do you think the Patriots would ever piss away all that money on a loser like JD Drew? The Red Sox can and not even suffer for it. There is no skill involved, no brains, just $$$$$

The Sox buy their wins, they bought their World Championship and beat up on teams with payrolls less than half their size. Any idiot can succeed when the margin for error is enormous.

Meanwhile the Patriots have done what they have done under a salary cap on an even playing field with every team in the league.

Do you think the Patriots would ever piss away all that money on a loser like JD Drew? The Red Sox can and not even suffer for it. There is no skill involved, no brains, just $$$$$

Very, very true. MLB really has no integrity.

Please.

The Patriots being perennial contenders is because of Belichick and Brady. There is not a single person on a baseball team that has anywhere near the influence that those two have.

A great QB gives you a chance to win every single game. A great pitcher gives you a chance to win every five days, while a great hitter gets a hit every three at-bats, while getting only four ABs a game. The best hitter in the game hits a HR every three games. And while NFL head coaches are very influential baseball managers are marginally so.

Oh, and if a football team signs a bad deal they cut the guy. Remember that 5 year, $25M contract Dillon signed in '05? There's your JD Drew contract right there (BTW, I cannot wait until RSN suddenly loves JD Drew when he has a big year next year. Johnny Damon sucked his first year in Boston too).

Of course the Sox aren't run as well as the Pats. That's like saying Alyssa Milano isn't as hot as Jessica Alba. That's an unfair expectation.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back