PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are Pats two red zone turnovers away from 1-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction for some people: the Pats have played in six (6) Super Bowls.

Belichick always insists that games often come down to a few important plays, which is why the Patriots sweat the small stuff in practice. We're 3-1, and according to the other Bill, you are what your record says you are.

I think you're counting the 2007 SB, which never actually happened... :p

tombonneau: It was a bit unclear at first. Like I said, adding that bit about the defense really confused the original post. But yes, it is amazing how close NFL games are. Even the Lions almost won several games last year.

You could just as easily argue the Pats are one play - the Edelman drop at the end of the first half of the Jets game - from being 4-0, since a touchdown there combined with running the clock out for the half would have led to a very different result.

Moments before the Tyree catch, Asante Samuel dropped a sure INT that would have sealed the SB for the Pats over the Giants...

I could go on.

So let's not forget it's about execution - Samuel didn't get it done, Manning did. McKlevin didn't get done, we did. The D forced the Ravens to a do or die fourth down try yesterday, the pressure on Clayton to make the play was tremendous because of something the Pats had actually done, his drop didn't happen in a vacuum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey