PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are Law-Firm and McGowan playing their way onto this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't see that once last night? He had 3 short carry-like catches for a total of 6 yards, and 10 carries for 44 yards with a long of 17 -- meaning that on the other 9 carries he averaged 3.0 ypc. Is that really finding and exploiting the hole every time?

I'm not trying to bash Green-Ellis, I just think he's being seriously overvalued.

He's not a home run hitter. When there's no hole he gets three yards. One twenty yard run and three stuffs adds up to more as an "average".

Eddie George made a career of 3-4 yard runs.

Last edited:
BJGE is making roster. Mark my words. This is based not just on my game observations but camp observations. He has been working out a lot on ST.

He's not a home run hitter. When their's no hole he gets three yards. One twenty yard run and three stuffs adds up to more as an "average".

Eddie George made a career of 3-4 yard runs.

Eddie George made a career of 3-4 yard runs, 30+ receptions per year, and first-rate blitz pick-up work. He was the complete package. Law-firm is 5th on the depth chart becuse he has nothing going on in the passing game, which is a pretty important part of the Patriots offense. I'd like to see him there as a reserve, but I don't see where there is a roster spot for him.

Last edited:
Exploiting the hole to the tune of 3.7 ypc? While Maroney "dances in the backfield" for over 4?

You know what an average is, don't you? I think Maroney has insane upside, but he is much more likely to break one. One twenty yard run and three stuffs is a five yard average.

Just saying...

When Maroney and Morris are on the sidelines by mid-season due

to injury, I'd like to see BJGE available to replace them rather than

re-sign Omar Cuff, Patrick Pass, or Chris Taylor.

Eddie George made a career of 3-4 yard runs, 30+ receptions per year, and first-rate blitz pick-up work. He was the complete package. Law-firm is 5th on the depth chart becuse he has nothing going on in the passing game, which is a pretty important part of the Patriots offense. I'd like to see him there as a reserve, but I don't see where there is a roster spot for him.

I didn't say he was Eddie George. Amazing how the argument always changes. He's a decent downhill runner with a lot of heart that's trying like hell to win a job.

Considering the amount of stiffs we've tried at running back on waivers and drafts over the years, how can people say we could always pick one up? Who did we pick up in 2005 when we were desperate enough to let Dillon play injured and ruin his career?

I thought we were the team that anyone might make if they out played the next guy. I'm not saying he's our top talent at RB. I am saying he's beating out the other bubble players for a spot.

Maybe he's a Patrick Pass without the attitude? A reliable utility back can be very valuable over the years IMO.

After last season I think it's pretty clear we need to carry 5 RB's. There was a span of almost a month where Maroney, Morris, and Jordan were all inactive. I really hope BJGE is kept around for insurance and as a garbage time back. We should be having plenty of irrelevant late game possessions if this team is as good as most of us feel they will be.

Doubt he makes it back to the PS if he gets cut

IIRC, he's not eligible for the practice squad any longer.

I'm liking McGowan a lot so far, and am guessing we keep 5 RB's, 3 TE's, 2 QB's, thus having good depth at a 'running back by committee' style. Someone (or 2) always seems to get hurt at the position, and he has value on ST too. Just saw a stat where Morris had the 2nd most TD's for a RB last yr with 7, so IMO, Green-Ellis' 5 TD's were of good production. It was a shame he put the ball on the ground last night, but I don't remember him fumbling before FWIW.

Last edited:
After seeing every runnig back get injured last year we are going to keep five this year. Hopefully BJGE will get a start next week against teams starters to add more to his case for a roster spot. I like LoMo but he just hasnt done anything for me in a while. BJGE lowers his shoulder and pounds away head on I dont see LoMo doing that yet. If LoMo can do that than he would be terrific. My guess is that Ben Watson or Alex Smith either gets traded or cut to make room for BJGE.

When Maroney and Morris are on the sidelines by mid-season due

to injury, I'd like to see BJGE available to replace them rather than

re-sign Omar Cuff, Patrick Pass, or Chris Taylor.
Maybe Rahib Abdullah will be available again.

Can we get the rights to Lamar Smith?

I think the hilarity in those saying BJGE is a JAG because he gets yardage against fourth stringers is that those same people will blame the run blocking for Maroney not making big gains. LawFirm is playing behind a line made up of back-up's and future bank-clerks.

In live NFL action, BJGE did this:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis: Situational Stats

275 Yards, 5 TDs. He didn't suddenly disappear, he was benhced when the human bowling ball came back into action, I think around the Oakland game. That was probably a situation of getting their money's worth.

You can whine all you like, he's a real NFL RB and needs to see time against 1's before you can legitimately declare anything otherwise.

\
In live NFL action, BJGE did this:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis: Situational Stats

275 Yards, 5 TDs. He didn't suddenly disappear, he was benhced when the human bowling ball came back into action, I think around the Oakland game. That was probably a situation of getting their money's worth.\\.

I'm missing where 275 yards rushing at 3.7ypc is a good thing.

He's a JAG because he DOESN"T get yards.

I'm missing where 275 yards rushing at 3.7ypc is a good thing.

He's a JAG because he DOESN"T get yards.

It's right in the box that says "in five NFL games."

Care to hunt down Maroney's first five games?

Also, how many TD's did LoMo get in his two active years? Or are wins now determined solely by yardage?

**Note, I'm not saying he's better than LoMo, I'm saying he's got the potential to be.

Last edited:
It's right in the box that says "in five NFL games."

Care to hunt down Maroney's first five games?

Also, how many TD's did LoMo get in his two active years? Or are wins now determined solely by yardage?

**Note, I'm not saying he's better than LoMo, I'm saying he's got the potential to be.

Maroney's first 5 games:

78 carries for 326 yards, 4.2 ypc average

Maroney's first 5 games:

78 carries for 326 yards, 4.2 ypc average

OK, so those differences are with a difference of ONE TD in 5 games vs. and entire season are enough to say BJGE is a JAG and Maroney is a starter?

okee dokee.

OK, so those differences are with a difference of ONE TD in 5 games vs. and entire season are enough to say BJGE is a JAG and Maroney is a starter?

okee dokee.

I was just pulling up numbers you wanted. I believe that this is your fight with someone I have on ignore..... :cool:

I was just pulling up numbers you wanted. I believe that this is your fight with someone I have on ignore..... :cool:

Synovia? Hm.

Anyway, I think BJGE can stake a claim if he gets behind the 1's or 2's on Friday night.

You didn't see that once last night? He had 3 short carry-like catches for a total of 6 yards, and 10 carries for 44 yards with a long of 17 -- meaning that on the other 9 carries he averaged 3.0 ypc. Is that really finding and exploiting the hole every time?

I'm not trying to bash Green-Ellis, I just think he's being seriously overvalued.

BJGE runs hard but he lacks vision.

Which is ironic as thats the thing that Maroney bashers are forever accusing him of lacking.

If we drafted Maroney in the 3rd round or later, BJGE would have alot more fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes