Welcome to PatsFans.com

Are Hannity, O'Reilly and Limbaugh members of the DEMON AFL-CIO???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Feb 27, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Interesting thought, every day Sean, Bill and Rimjob rail about the dangers of the unions and how they are destroying this country, but all all three of them belong to the American Federation Television and Radio Artists union (AFTRA), which is the AFL-CIO affiliate for television and broadcast workers.

Guess it is different for these folks, also interestingly AFTRA represents some of the folks at Fox News.. unions bad for the middle class, good for the millionaires who spew hate over the airwaves and carry the water for the Right Wing..

Union-Bashing Right-Wing Media Stars Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly - Wall Street Survivor Forums

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

I believe they are mainly against unions in the public sector...but I could be wrong.
  3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

I thought they ranted and raved about the AFL-CIO, in the past O'Reilly has praised the Union for acting on his behalf..

What is not easily to comprehend for the non-believers that in the AFL-CIO, as dysfunctional as it sometimes seems, they are all part of that parent union.. they are the them they bytch about.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Limbaugh is against all unions, I think the other ones (O'Reilly Hannity) are just down on Public Sector Unions, unions have changed over the years Not The Rank And File but the Union Leaders many of them are just as bad as Management if not worse, many union leaders now resemble Management & Sleazy Politicians.
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Sounds like 1984, some unions are more equal than other unions, without regard they all fall under the umbrella of AFL-CIO..

Do you know where the political contributions of AFTRA go??
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

No........
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

If that's true, and he's a member of one, what does that say about him? (Unless his membership was mandated, which I'm doubtful of but realize could be possible)

Which is kind of like company owners being "down on" private sector unions...

Of course they have.... those good ole days!

what's wrong w/management?

careful, you're starting to sound anti-capitalist...
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Annie Get Your Gun

Government unions have nothing in common with private sector unions because they don't have hostile management on the other side of the bargaining table. To the contrary, the "bosses" of government employees are co-conspirators with them in bilking the taxpayers.

Welcome to AnnCoulter.com
    :singing::singing::singing:
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

So Walker isn't hostile towards them, and is actually a co-conspirator?
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I can't speak for Management as a whole, I speak only in The Trucking Industry, they were vicious bastards who hated Unions especially the strict "Seniority Prevails At All Times" clause.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I didn't say that Ann Coulter did.
  12. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Worst part of the WI getting rid of the Unions, is that the corporate unions have no issue funding their candidates with unlimited cash, while the working people have no organized voice...

I don't agree with any organized funding, but I do support a check and balance.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Always find it amusing when the millionaire folks from the right, want to demonize the rank and file of public unions, the majority of which are women. These are the clerks, secretaries, janitors, DOT employees all of which comprise the SEIU..

Ms. Adam Apple has obviously never been involved in public union negotiations, and they get pretty hostile.. remember some very contentious times that almost reached anarchy in the 90's... In RI we have had a Republican Governor for the past 16 years, and no one gained very much if anything..

She implies that all they do is sit down and take, from every negotiation that I was involved with never got something without giving something else up..

In the past 10 years there have been more givebacks than gains.. but Anne Coulter said is enough for the right to believe.

Even in Wisconsin the union has offered concessions, and Walker wants more he wants to bust the union..

From what I read they had a huge crowd in a snowstorm yesterday, that is a good sign, people do not like to picket in bad weather.. and is indicative of their solidarity. Today will be interesting as Walker wants to clear the capitol, lets see how that works out.. as the police are part of the protestors.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Without unions many in management would be treating their employees similar to the way Muslims treat their women.

The treatment, the greed, and the abuse of their employees are what created the need for unions in the first place, Greedy Abusive Management Themselves Gave Birth To Labor Unions.

:bricks:
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I would think a lot of union members also would hate the idea that seniority prevails.

As for "vicious bastards who hated unions" -- we're seeing a lot of that these days from non-mgmt, aren't we?

I'm not a fan of unions and don't believe in mandated collective bargaining (private sector or public), but the vitriole we've been seeing towards unions recently has shifted my position -- relative to what I hear and read many other people saying -- from being relatively anti-union to being pretty middle-of-the-road in my views, even though my views on unions haven't changed at all.
  16. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

It was your post.
  17. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Is there any group you don't hate, harry? Muslims, unions, management, liberals....

And what happened to those good ole days you're always longing for? Now it turns out those days were full of employee abuse, you've realized?

and btw, while I know it's fun to demonize management, why doesn't anybody ever talk about the employees who slack off on the job, literally steal from their employers, lie about time off, etc.? Or, more specifically, I guess I should refer to the private-sector employees who do that, since many people here do seem to think that most government employees are doing these things.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Only those at the end of the list, as time passes and their seniority grows they like it better and better, in few years when they are near the top THEY LOVE IT.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

In other words it grows on you..