PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are any teams besides the 'Big 5' this year capable of the 'Cinderella' tag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ten total point system is an absolutely terrible way to base any judgment.

You grossly underestimate Laurence Maroney, Ben Watson and Kyle Brady.
Your cornerback ratings are trash. Getting a little caught up in a three game stretch by Mr. Cromartie?

I don't see why that's bad judgement, can you explain why it is?

No, Maroney is an average back while LT is the best in the league. Watson is good, Brady is average and Gates is the best in the leauge.

Am I getting caught up in a guy who has scored 3 touchdowns and had 5 INTs in the past 3 games? Or is it the guy who completely locked up his opposition on every play last night vs. the Colts? I don't know which it is, but nonetheless Cromartie is breaking out and Asante Samuel is over rated.

I don't see why that's bad judgement, can you explain why it is?

No, Maroney is an average back while LT is the best in the league. Watson is good, Brady is average and Gates is the best in the leauge.

Am I getting caught up in a guy who has scored 3 touchdowns and had 5 INTs in the past 3 games? Or is it the guy who completely locked up his opposition on every play last night vs. the Colts? I don't know which it is, but nonetheless Cromartie is breaking out and Asante Samuel is over rated.

A three game stretch is enough to vault him over Samuel's two years of very good play? Flawed. The play of Hobbs has been average. Gay is excellent in the slot. But the three game stretch of good play from Cromartie gives them a 7 to 3 edge in your analysis? Foolish.

For the best in the league, LT has had some seriously dreadful games this season. Performance this year says there is not an 8 to 2 disparity between the RBs of the Chargers and the RBs of the Patriots.

Gates is the best in the league, but he and Manumaleuna (sp?) are not nine times the duo of Watson and Brady. They are better, but not nine times better.

And I didn't even realize your ranking of ST. Explain to me why such a large discrepancy.

A three game stretch is enough to vault him over Samuel's two years of very good play? Flawed. The play of Hobbs has been average. Gay is excellent in the slot. But the three game stretch of good play from Cromartie gives them a 7 to 3 edge in your analysis? Foolish.

For the best in the league, LT has had some seriously dreadful games this season. Performance this year says there is not an 8 to 2 disparity between the RBs of the Chargers and the RBs of the Patriots.

Gates is the best in the league, but he and Manumaleuna (sp?) are not nine times the duo of Watson and Brady. They are better, but not nine times better.

And I didn't even realize your ranking of ST. Explain to me why such a large discrepancy.

You mention 3 Patriot corners but just 1 Charger corner, that seems to be the flaw to me. Calling Cromartie's play the last 3 games "good" is like saying Tom Brady has had a "good" season. Quinton Jammer and Drayton Florence are pretty good corners as well. Plus, Samuel is over rated IMO.

LT is still the best in the leauge, a few poor games isn't going to change that when he just scored 32 TDs a year ago.

I beg to differ on the TEs.

Sproles is a better return guy then Welker, but outside of that the Pats are better on ST. I didn't think that one through but just looked at return men, give the nod to the Pats.

You mention 3 Patriot corners but just 1 Charger corner, that seems to be the flaw to me. Calling Cromartie's play the last 3 games "good" is like saying Tom Brady has had a "good" season. Quinton Jammer and Drayton Florence are pretty good corners as well. Plus, Samuel is over rated IMO.

LT is still the best in the leauge, a few poor games isn't going to change that when he just scored 32 TDs a year ago.

I beg to differ on the TEs.

Sproles is a better return guy then Welker, but outside of that the Pats are better on ST. I didn't think that one through but just looked at return men, give the nod to the Pats.

The Chargers don't have a cornerback who'd crack the Patriots starting rotation (Hobbs/Samuel/Gay) unless Jammer surprisingly beat out Gay for the nickel spot and you've got them rated as more than twice as good as New England. You give Watson and company a 1 at the tight end position, and you take the #5 rushing offense in the league and insult it by giving it a '2' rating for the running backs, and you expect people to take you seriously?

The Chargers don't have a cornerback who'd crack the Patriots starting rotation (Hobbs/Samuel/Gay) unless Jammer surprisingly beat out Gay for the nickel spot and you've got them rated as more than twice as good as New England. You give Watson and company a 1 at the tight end position, and you take the #5 rushing offense in the league and insult it by giving it a '2' rating for the running backs, and you expect people to take you seriously?

Well, that's your opinion, but I'd take any of the 3 Charger corners as the #2 in New England. Running game is based purely on the running back, the New England offensive line is playing a lot better then the San Diego line right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back