PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Archie Manning's Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Manning: "Um, uh, I want to be, uh you know, a good father here and everything, but we had some choking problems."

Reporter's Question: "Mr. Manning, are you saying that your sons both choke and can't win big games?"

Manning: "I'd rather leave it at that. There were some problems with choking."

Well done.

PatsFanSince74 said:
Manning: "Um, uh, I want to be, uh you know, a good father here and everything, but we had some choking problems."

Reporter's Question: "Mr. Manning, are you saying that your sons both choke and can't win big games?"

I think you would enjoy the book, Rusty Bedsprings, by I.P. Knightley. :D

PatsFanSince74 said:

LOL! Very funny stuff, PFS74.

I, too, became a Pats fan in 1974. In my case, it was the Bob Windsor game against the Purple People Eaters that gave birth to my fandom.

dryheat44 said:
Well done.

Thx. Come to think of it, Archie never won anything either

I remember

shmessy said:

I, too, became a Pats fan in 1974. In my case, it was the Bob Windsor game against the Purple People Eaters that gave birth to my fandom.

I remember that play! he was wrapped up by a tackler by the ankles. Lunged for the endzone as his leg was pulled apart by the tackler. Scored, won the game and never played a down afterwards.

somehow, I always associated that with a scene in Burt Reynolds' prison football movie...

shmessy said:

My first game was the season opener on the hard seats of Foxboro Stadium against the Almighty Dolphins, reigning Super Bowl Champions, who lost that day to a team that had only won a few games the year before. The Dolphins fielded five future HOFers: Csonka, Griese, Langer, Little and Warfield, plus Coach Shula. I remember the Pats started the season like a house on fire and fizzled.

PatsFanSince74 said:
Thx. Come to think of it, Archie never won anything either

He had an excuse though, crappy teams, the A'ints, with the original bag-over-the-head fans. Peyton, OTOH, has run out of excuses, wouldn't you say?

Fanfrom1960 said:
He had an excuse though, crappy teams, the A'ints, with the original bag-over-the-head fans. Peyton, OTOH, has run out of excuses, wouldn't you say?

Oh, shucks. I don't have to be rational when it comes to someone with the name of Manning, do I?

PatsFanSince74 said:
Oh, shucks. I don't have to be rational when it comes to someone with the name of Manning, do I?
Depends on whether he makes disgusting faces at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes