PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Archie Manning speaks on the NE Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I appreciated his objectivity, but if I am him no way I don't be a homer and predict Giants winning it all.

Come on Eli is your son.

Wow, what an a-hole thing to do to Eli. He should have said no comment at the very least. What is he interviewing for a job as a commentator or something? Wow.

Somewhat off-topic, but I *must* ask:

Should Archie Manning be referred to formally as the "Übergoober"?

nah...his teams were so bad he has to be the Undergoober...or Daruntergoober in German...I think(if I remember my high school German correctly)

I've always been a fan of Archie.He always keeps it real IMO.

If he'd said the Giants were going to win, People would attack him for backing his kid. If he'd said he had no comment, people would attack him for not making a pick. It was a no-win situation.

Transcript of the phone call after Eli watched the clip.

Eli: Um Dad I see you picked the Patriots to win the super bowl.

Archie: Yeah son, they are going to win it. You know how Peyton told you the Patriots were beatable, he was lying. The are unstoppable. Some time older brother make stuff up so their kid brother will feel better and have a false sense of hope.

It is just like when you were three and Peyton had you convinced their was a santa clause. You were all excited with joy, and me and your mom had to sit you down x-mas eve and tell you the truth.

As much as the truth can sometimes hurt, it is a parents job to always tell their children truth. I am not going to pump your head with some delusion that you can beat the Patriots.

Eli, the fact of the matter is you got lucky in the Dallas game and Greenbay is going to smoke ya.

But me and your mom still love ya.

Maybe Archie's being sincere, but anybody know the song, "Head Games"???

//

Was this an audition for his tv analyst position? Seriously, if he meant it, great. It wouldn't be the first time he under estimated the Chargers (Eli demanding trade), but he isn't bringing anything substantial to the topic either.

I'd like to know who Bill Polian is picking to win the Super Bowl.

I'd like to know who Bill Polian is picking to win the Super Bowl.

I hear he is looking for a rule change to make the playoffs a two out of three and get the Colts back into it.

It wouldn't be the first time he under estimated the Chargers (Eli demanding trade)

In the unlikely event of a Giants-Chargers Superbowl, that is your storyline. Nonstop for 2 weeks straight. One more reason to root for the Pats. :)

Somewhat off-topic, but I *must* ask:

Should Archie Manning be referred to formally as the "Übergoober"?

Excellent! I would also add to that Das un Ubergoober depp arschegsicht, scheisskopt ! Yawooll mein heir!:singing:

(trans) You are a big goober idiot azzface sh*t-head. Yes sir!

Last edited:
If I was Archie, I'd start studding myself out. $100K per session. You will have a 66.7% chance of having a Superbowl QB, assuming it is a boy...however there is the 33% Cooper factor and the ugly stick issue to consider.

Anybody know if Eli has been asked about this and commented.....

Finally, words to parody that annoying song they're always associating w/Eli Manning...

Eli's bumming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye