Welcome to PatsFans.com

Archibald: Solar Based Climate Forecast to 2050

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jul 14, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Based on projections of Solar cycles. So the IPCC made their predictions of runaway warming due to CO2 being a forcing (ie positive feedback) for climate. Here these folks make their case on the traditional view of CO2 as a GHG sans positive feedback and the role of the Solar cycles controlling the temps here on Earth.

Archibald: Solar Based Climate Forecast to 2050 | Watts Up With That?

I especially like this chart that shows the effect of CO2 as a GHG absent a positive feedback from CO2 impacting water vapor (which contributes >95% of the planetary GH effect).

[​IMG]

The vertical (Y) axis is the Greenhouse contribution of CO2 in degrees C, the horizontal (X) axis is the ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere. Note that the effect is logarithmic, IOW CO2 has contributed about everything it can and even doubling CO2 will have a minor effect on temps, also that reducing CO2 will also have a very minor effect on temps.
  2. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL!!!

It's gotta be disappointing for you when another one of your fossil fuel worship threads sinks to the back page with zero responses from the community you "watch over."

I feel bad for you and your latest ploy to deny the ramifications of capitalistic gluttony, so I'll bump it.

Still a painfully horrible OP, centered on a personal blog utterly devoted to climate change denial. Wow.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  3. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

How can you doubt the findings of a man who says this:

About | Watts Up With That?

He is way more credible than scientists! :D
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -2

If Tiny says it, it's good enough for me.
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -2

(duplicate)
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +485 / 2 / -9

Eskimo Gang Bangers kill Irish Tenor.
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

I am not disappointed most people here are scientifically illiterate, so they are unable to have a rational objection. Your post here for example.

As to the blog it is one of the most read blogs on the internet and dwarfs every other blog on the issue of Climate Change.

I do try to educate some, like the graph I posted for example showing the logarithmic response the greenhouse effect to increasing CO2 levels.

While you decry capitalism, you yourself of course heat your home using transportation based on fossil fuels and of course the electricity for the computer use such as petty posts is provided by coal.

Why not set a good example for all the anti capitalist and go off the grid.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Again another content post in the absence of scientific commentary an attack on the source. Note the article in question was not written by Anthony. He doesn't do the science, he does serve as a blog/ like site for articles persistent to the subject.

His work (Journalism) on showing the problems with weather station siting and the impact and methodology when the number of stations is reduced has been taken up in scientific circles and exposes the sloppy work of the government paid scientist who try to spin the science.
  9. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you were at all scientifically literate, you wouldn't be denying not only man's affects on climate change, but the absolutely indisputable geological reality of peak oil. Don't kid yourself. You've shown a serious mental blockage on both accounts.

Isn't it just like a conservative to point to number of hits, where an unpopular belief system limited to the fringe brings in all of non-thinking Palin-ites and thereby earns "credibility." :rolleyes: It's the same game you play regarding Fox News, where the consolidated viewership of the right wing flocks, and your team parrots "ratings! ratings!" over and over again. Never mind, of course, that it enjoys no competition for the spoon-fed storyline that half of America demands.

More accurate, you "do try and confuse and obfuscate some."

Your toolish hero of a weather man can't even spell "Celsius" correctly in his chart. But ultimately, his theory is utter fail because, as the comments beneath the non-peer-reviewed joke of an essay spell out, it does NOT take into account the release of stored heat from the ocean.

Oops, kind of a big deal.

Ah yes. The classic "love it or leave it" card used by conservatives when backed into a corner. Typical straw man creation. And typical of a con to appropriate what "others" need to do so that they can have their gluttonous way.

I have little doubt my carbon footprint is a fraction of yours. I'm doing my part, and smog-tacular people like you more than make up for it.

As soon as you set a good example for all the privatize-everything blowhards and give up your medicare, medicaid and social security.

Just face it: Your thread starter sucks, your premise is worse, and you cherry pick every aspect of your climate change denial platform.
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:confused: :confused:
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

I am very disapointed that someone who understands science and it methods would rely on the popularity of a blog as the measure of its veracity..

With that standard USA today would always tell the truth, American Idol would be what we should as americans pattern ourselves after, and our national anthem should be "Like a Rolling Stone"...

Huffington Post and TMZ are #1 and #2 in most popular blogs, what can we assume from that???? Guess they have to be true.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

I don't rely on the popularity I evaluate the content it was other posters who rejected the facts presented solely on the basis it was a blog.
  13. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now you're just being overtly dishonest.

I rejected it solely on the basis that your non-peer reviewed "study" ignored heat given off by the ocean.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Yea right and you did not say this... must have been someone else who hacked your accouint...

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Titus, what were you saying about the spelling of "Celsius" in the graph? I need your help, buddy! :rocker:
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

Link please?
  17. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not your "buddy" and never will be. But why don't you actually click on the link in question, and examine the multiple ways he spells "celsius" for yourself?
  18. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You want a link to what your hero DOESN'T provide? lol

I thought you were so savy with science? Does the objection escape you somehow? Or are you just a parrot to any pseudo-climatologist who supports your bizarre conclusions?
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sure thing compadre but I just am not seeing anything improper! It falls on you to defend you statement (instead of just saying to someone "go look it up") so it seems to me that, as usual, you're making a bigger and bigger fool of yourself!

If you mean the spelling "Celcius" with the C instead of the S, you see that rather frequently in scientific papers (not that you've ever actually read any). I honestly don't know why, but you'll have to take my word for it old chum.

BTW, isn't "weatherman" just one word? I guess spell check can only help the ignorant so much, huh?
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

So many incorrect statements in this post it is impossible to respond. You clearly don't know enough to even engage in a discussion.

BTW if you look at the text on the chart Celsius IS spelled correctly, this mistake is indicative of your epic fail of a post.

Even the government sponsored alarmist acknowledge that the effect of CO2 by itself if logarithmic, the theory you believe in is that CO2 cause a positive feedback in terms of water vapor. Sad you don't even understand that which you believe in.