Welcome to PatsFans.com

Archbishop: Beware the climate of adoration of president Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+4]Denver archbishop warns against ‘spirit of adulation’ surrounding Obama[/size]

Toronto, Canada, Feb 23, 2009 / 09:03 pm (CNA).- Canadians packed St. Basil’s Church in Toronto on Monday evening to hear Archbishop Charles Chaput speak about how Catholics should live out their faith in the public square. He warned that in the U.S., Catholics need to act on their faith and be on guard against "a spirit of adulation bordering on servility" that exists towards the Obama administration.

The public lecture by Archbishop Chaput took place on the campus of the University of Toronto at St. Basil’s Church and was attended by an overflow crowd of more than 700 people.

After giving a sketch of the basic principles in his New York Times Bestseller "Render Unto Caesar," the archbishop offered his insights on the need for an honest assessment of the situation of the Church in the public square.

"I like clarity, and there’s a reason why," began the archbishop. "I think modern life, including life in the Church, suffers from a phony unwillingness to offend that poses as prudence and good manners, but too often turns out to be cowardice. Human beings owe each other respect and appropriate courtesy. But we also owe each other the truth -- which means candor." ... more:

Denver archbishop warns against ‘spirit of adulation’ surrounding Obama

//

2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This guy's just pissed because there's little servility coming his way nowadays. As far as I know not even Regan expected people to get down on their knees and kiss his ring. He, like most all other Presidents, just expected people to stand when he came in the room.

3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Gosh, I guess you don't watch TV news, read the papers, or check the web news sites much, do you.

Chris Matthews?? Keith Olbermann?? KatieCouricMattLauerLarryKingCBSNBCABCCNNNYTimesWashPastLATimeSanFranChronicleetcetcetc.: "Obama is god!!" (sic)

//

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 20 / -17

Spirits of adulation are always dangerous, but liberals have done a much better job than Republicans at keeping their leaders in check. Roosevelt had to contend with labor unions; Kennedy and LBJ had to contend with Civil Rights, anti-war, and women's rights movement; Clinton had to contend with environmentalists and gay activists. It's only the righties who practice blind faith in their leaders. By the way, though, you should be aware of the climate of adoration of Reverend Moon. Are you?

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:rolleyes:

Let's just say some people deserve adoration more than others. But you can rest assured that, adored or scorned, Rev. Moon treats everybody the same: we ALL have our own road to hoe; each one is the owner of his or her own fate and adoration doesn't get the road hoed.

I can live with that, thank you. Very nicely.

//

6. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Foggy you can't possibly win this battle. Do we really need to rehash Moon's

'How to have sex with your wife while properly venerating ME'

protocol? I'm sure GJ will be awake in only a couple more hours.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

You are aware that all this adoration stuff is just a figment of the right wing media... it is nothing more than that, except for those few who really believe it is true.

As far as Moon goes, his adoration went out the window during the Pikarume days... cleansing a women's vagina with his penis.. yea that makes sense. You are what you are.

8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +894 / 12 / -7

In America, the phrase is "we all have our own row to hoe." By the way, in this use, a "hoe" is a farming implement, not something standing beside a road, with or without a streetlight in evidence.

You are correct that some people deserve adoration more than others. Evidently, it is a subjective judgment as to who those persons are. I don't have much use for Moon, and most people don't. The majority of Americans are still quite impressed by our elected president. To me it seems very clear that he has many admirable traits, and has been quite effectual thus far.

He's a good president. Give people a break. They're not used to that anymore.

PFnV

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OOOOOOOoooo, you got me shaking now!!! :rolleyes:

Bring it on, tough guy. Just be ready to get as good as you give.

;)

Adoring ANY sinful man or woman is insanity; and then, even Christ didn't want people to adore him. He was about teaching us how to be like him; NOT to adore him. "You, therefore, must be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect." Mt 5:48

//

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

No Comment

I'll get all excited and say bad words.

11. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sorry Foggy, the only people I revere are sports figures. Bill Russel, Bobby Orr, Cam Neely, Bird, Steve Grogan...

And I'd never blindly trust any of their ideas on foreign policy or taxes...

Ok, maybe either #4's but that's it, and they ain't ever started a messianic cult.

Jeesh, how could I forget Yazz?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

Once again no one adores him, he is man elected by the people of the united states.. this is just the figment of an overactive imagination and the right wing media.. the bishop should worry more about the pedophiles who are in his command.. than worry about Obama.. btw he is a Canadian, why does he care so much???

Guess you are not spreading positive stuff today, eh??? Your response has themes of violence.. guess Moon reaps what he sows...

13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Yeah Hoe or Whoe what ever, you are one for some blasphamis fraud. Adoration for that delusional sociopathic pimp Moon, i don't think so.

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As I said, not everyone is qualified for the job of Messiah. God knows who is who isn't.

Those boys you mention were all great at their games, though. I'll agree with that.

Good question. He definitely fit the mold of the others above.

//

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, you mean like these guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEQz5dltmI

Yeah, no cult of Obama around here. :rolleyes:

"Violence", you say?? You mean like continuously lying and hating on about someone you don't even know??? You're the poster boy for racial hatred, religious bigotry, and intolerance.

Mirrors are SO annoying, aren't they??!! :D

//

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

How about "Joe Louis"

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He got his token black in with Russell.

Question: since Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton love to give tax-payers' money away to welfare drug addicts, why don't Ted or Bubba marry a black person?? Or one of the massive Kennedy clan?? Or Chelsea??? How 'bout Sean Penn or Barbra Streisand??? That would be the surest way to end at least a few "poor" people from the welfare rolls.

Nah, we'll never see that because the welfare scam is Big Business for the Dems. They love it.

//

18. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm parochial, Joe Louis doesn't have a Boston connection. It must have been something to see, him putting Schmelling on his backside in the first round though. What was it like to experience it live?

19. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Oh I love it. The Foggy one insinuates that I'm a racist and then staples the term 'welfare drug addict' to black people in his very next post. Priceless!

20. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yes, let's beware !!!

Local priest found guilty of grand theft |West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Treasure Coast local news, weather, live radar, investigative from Newschannel 5 | WPTV.com

Guinan's predecessor, the Rev. John Skehan, last month pleaded guilty to the harsher charge of grand theft of more than $100,000 on similar allegations.

Those who speak for the Church have other, much bigger issues they need to be focusing on, or could that be exactly the reason why they are pointing their dirty little fingers, in other directions so that the attention is on anything but them?

VirtueOnline - News - News - ASHEVILLE, NC: Priest pleads guilty to soliciting

epiScope: Sexual Misconduct