Arbitrator: Goodell Can't Delegate on "Conduct Detrimental to the League"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Arbitration ruling could make Tom Brady’s case stronger

Florio seems to think that this arbitration ruling could help Brady if the case ends up back in Berman's Court.

Effectively Arbitrator Jonathan Marks says that Goodell cannot hand over disciplinary duties for "conduct detrimental to the league" to someone else. This is what he did in Brady's case obviously, giving the responsibility to Troy Vincent.

Last edited:
Arbitration ruling could make Tom Brady’s case stronger

Florio seems to think that this arbitration ruling could help Brady if the case ends up back in Berman's Court.
Effectively Arbitrator Jonathan Marks says that Goodell cannot hand over disciplinary duties for conduct detrimental to the league to someone else. This is what he did in Brady's case obviously, giving the responsibility to Troy Vincent.

Let's just hope that this epic foolishness is put to rest once and for all in the CA2.:mad:

I still don't get that decision. Does anyone have a good rundown from McCann or other sports lawyer?

I think Goody did that so he could then say he's a neutral arbiter, when he found out he had to do it he backtracked, hopefully CA2 reminds back to Berman.

Forevermore, Tom Brady and the stupid decisions made by Goodell and his minions will forever remain in their heads..

I think this makes both sides look bad, Goodell for assigning disciplinary power to Vincent and Brady for uh...doesn't matter they both look bad!

The NFL legal office has been a real clown circus. No wonder they hired Clement and the other grownups for the Appeal.

I think this makes both sides look bad, Goodell for assigning disciplinary power to Vincent and Brady for uh...doesn't matter they both look bad!

What did Brady do?

The NFL legal office has been a real clown circus. No wonder they hired Clement and the other grownups for the Appeal.

Yep, that way They could lie to the 2nd Court of Appeals and their lawyer could claim he was just representing the "facts" of the case as his client presented them to him.

Yep, that way They could lie to the 2nd Court of Appeals and their lawyer could claim he was just representing the "facts" of the case as his client presented them to him.
"Yep."
But, what's your point? That's the way the game is played. Clement played it well. Kessler came across like a deer in the headlights.
If your point is that that is "wrong," I agree, but unfortunately that fact is almost irrelevant.

"Yep."
But, what's your point? That's the way the game is played. Clement played it well. Kessler came across like a deer in the headlights.
If your point is that that is "wrong," I agree, but unfortunately that fact is almost irrelevant.
But that's why most lawyers can and do go to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back