PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aqua4ever04...are you there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 AFC EAST CHAMPIONSHIP.

Bernard Pollard was the biggest part of your AFC East Championship. And even with minimal injuries and an easier schedule, your Dolphins still needed that first fluke win to beat out the Pats (playing with a QB that hadn't started since High School and in the top three of injuries sustained in 2008).

Last edited:
Are the grapes really that sour this time of year in Boston? Fluke win and sheer domination?

I think I can still see Ronnie Brown kicking Vince Wilfork's ass.

I agree that your team going from 1-15 to AFC East Champs was indeed, a great accomplishment. I don't know about the 'bright future,better team' comment--and there's no way that your team has 'overtaken' anyone. Not the Bills, Jets, and certainly not the team who has gone to the AFCCG 5 out of the last 8 yrs, just had the league's only 16-0 year, and has had 2 streaks of 21 + wins. Not because one year you actually had the same record. That's just crazy talk. We are not dealing with the injuries to our key players, have the crazy upcoming draft, (6 picks in first 97?) and whipped everyone this yr in free agency.

Your team if anything, has regressed. You didn't keep up with Buffalo's key additions, nor the Jets'. And you certainly didn't keep up with ours. How in the world do you think your future is looking any rosier than anyone else in the division?

And I'm not ripping needlessly or disrespecting you, I am simply talking football with an opposing team's viewpoint. I gave you your props for winning the division and still stick to that, I am just confused by your thinking

Yeah, no body has ever gone 16-0; but one team did go 17-0. And yes, we are the best team in the division at the moment.

Everyone deals with injuries, it's part of the game. I know you guys lost your golden boy, but it's not like Cassel was the least bit shabby, he was fantastic.

And we lost huge pieces to our offensive line and our best receiver.

And please spare me on "winning" free agency. What has that ever done for any one? Dan Snyder likes your idea, though. So does Mike Tannuanbaum and the 2008 Jets.

But I do appreciate the fair response; I don't expect many of those in these parts.

My point is that we're division champs, we had a GREAT 2008 draft, and I think we're going to kill the 2009 draft. Things are only going to get better with the regime we have in place.

Yeah, no body has ever gone 16-0; but one team did go 17-0. And yes, we are the best team in the division at the moment.

Everyone deals with injuries, it's part of the game. I know you guys lost your golden boy, but it's not like Cassel was the least bit shabby, he was fantastic.

And please spare me on "winning" free agency. What has that ever done for any one? Dan Snyder likes your idea, though. So does Mike Tannuanbaum and the 2008 Jets.

But I do appreciate the fair response; I don't expect many of those in these parts.

My point is that we're division champs, we had a GREAT 2008 draft, and I think we're going to kill the 2009 draft. Things are only going to get better with the regime we have in place.
Same old Aqwaaaah, you haven't changed. So whatz up, whatz goin on, you got the money you owe us mf? :D

Last edited:
Ask Miguel; he can prove the money was paid in full.

Are the grapes really that sour this time of year in Boston? Fluke win and sheer domination?

I think I can still see Ronnie Brown kicking Vince Wilfork's ass.

Was that before or after Wilfork made sure Satele would be an Oakland Raider? And, tell me Mr. Genius, what happened the second time around when the Dolphins FLUKE offense couldn't catch us by suprise? Dolphin fans are the most pathetic bunch in the AFC East. Since they can't get to the big stage on their own, every win against the Pats is looked at as a Super Bowl in Miami no matter if it's a complete FLUKE or not.

Was that before or after Wilfork made sure Satele would be an Oakland Raider? And, tell me Mr. Genius, what happened the second time around when the Dolphins FLUKE offense couldn't catch us by suprise? Dolphin fans are the most pathetic bunch in the AFC East. Since they can't get to the big stage on their own, every win against the Pats is looked at as a Super Bowl in Miami no matter if it's a complete FLUKE or not.

That is absolutely correct. I have no idea why a divisional loss is deemed to be such a crazy thing. Teams who play each other 2x a year sometimes lose--go figure. Especially when they know each other so well.

So we haven't had the absolute dominance over Miami, as we've had over Buffalo and the NY Jets lately, who the hell cares? It's about what you've done down the stretch in December, in January, etc. So you won a divisional title one year, with the exact same record. Like Tim and Eric would say, "Great Job!"

Are you sure you're not ambelishing a little bit? Someone said he was a huge Chris Chambers fan; how would he be a racist and be such a fan of an African-American?

*blink* I am amazed that you are naive enough to ask that question.

Racism doesn't happen just against blacks..

EDIT: Considering you are Aqua4ever, that explains you being naive.

Last edited:
You mean he was Wilfork's ***** when we ran for 200+ yards and 4 touchdowns on you?

And two of those guys are very much in the future's plans. Ted and Ronnie were big parts of our 2008 AFC EAST CHAMPIONSHIP.

Umm.. Beck is garbage. Ronnie Brown is good and it was the Wildcat that fooled the Patriots.

Satele is gone .. Traded for a measely 6th round pick.. What a waste..

As for Ginn.. Hmm.. Yes, he improved to catching 60% of the passes thrown his way (56 out of 93). But he dropped 6 of them.. That's alot.

Not to mention that Ginn's kick returns and punt returns were pretty bad.

Last edited:
Yep, pure fluke. That's why we proceeded to win 10 of our next 13.

And don't get me started on the game in Miami. They ejected Channing Crowder for walking away from the girly, hair pulling Matt Light, missed the PI on Moss and actually called it on Goodman, and didn't call any of Light's 25 holding calls on Porter.

Do you actually think Light can block Porter one on one?

They ejected Crowder for throwing a punch, you moron. Not to mention that Light couldn't have pulled Crowder's hair.

As for your idiocy about Light holding Porter, I've always said you didn't know what you were talking about.

BTW, its pretty amazing how you are sitting on this board crowing about the 2008 AFC East Championship when you damn well know that the Phins wouldn't have won anything if Brady was behind the QB instead of it being Cassel making only his 2nd career start.

He's been in the league for 2 years and started 33 games. He doesn't fit our system. He'll be great in Oakland.

HUH? Now you are claiming that Satele doesn't fit the Dolphins system? Yet weren't you the one who was just claiming that Satele handled Wilfork so handedly (which he didn't. Wilfork was Doubled all day long).

You don't even know what system the Phins run.

Acutally, the Patriots went 18-0. With a much tougher schedule than the 1972 Dolphins had. And, no, the Phins aren't the best team in the division. Winning the division via the 4th tie breaker doesn't make you the best. It makes you lucky. Lucky that Tom Brady wasn't playing.

Cassel was starting his 2nd game of his career against the Phins. And it took Cassel until the 8th game of the season to really settle down and show everyone what he had.

What "huge pieces" of the Phins O-line did they lose last season?

Unlike Phins Fans, Jets Fans, or Skins fans, Pats fans don't look at free agency as meaning much. In fact, we know it means nothing until the games are even played.

You claimed that the 2007 draft was great. Yet the Phins have already traded away one of the 2nd round picks and the other won has been a flop (am correcting myself since I though Beck was cut).

Let me fill you in, Cowboys fans were talking the same garbage when Parcells took over. What happened there?

It takes 3 years to fully evaluate a draft. Things look promising for the Phins 2009 group. But its hard to consider it great after only 1 season.

HUH? Now you are claiming that Satele doesn't fit the Dolphins system? Yet weren't you the one who was just claiming that Satele handled Wilfork so handedly (which he didn't. Wilfork was Doubled all day long).

You don't even know what system the Phins run.

He and Justin Smiley rolled his fat ass out of lanes all day long. He did fit when Cam was here and we used him in space, in the open, chipping smaller 43 tackles and double the 34 noses.

Now we're in a system where our center needs to be able to take up those space eaters and Samson simply doesn't have the frame to do it. I hope Jake Grove does.

What "huge pieces" of the Phins O-line did they lose last season?

Unlike Phins Fans, Jets Fans, or Skins fans, Pats fans don't look at free agency as meaning much. In fact, we know it means nothing until the games are even played.

You claimed that the 2007 draft was great. Yet the Phins have already traded away one of the 2nd round picks and the other won has been a flop (am correcting myself since I though Beck was cut).

Let me fill you in, Cowboys fans were talking the same garbage when Parcells took over. What happened there?

It takes 3 years to fully evaluate a draft. Things look promising for the Phins 2009 group. But its hard to consider it great after only 1 season.

Justin Smiley was our Mr. Everything in the interior. Donald Thomas was great in camp and pre-season as a rookie right guard; he played the 2nd half of the season opener on a broken ankle. Satele had a shoulder injury that he played through all year.

I agree about evaluating draft classes and I'd probably even say it should take about 5 years; but our '08 class couldn't have been much better in year 1.

Umm.. Beck is garbage. Ronnie Brown is good and it was the Wildcat that fooled the Patriots.

Satele is gone .. Traded for a measely 6th round pick.. What a waste..

As for Ginn.. Hmm.. Yes, he improved to catching 60% of the passes thrown his way (56 out of 93). But he dropped 6 of them.. That's alot.

Not to mention that Ginn's kick returns and punt returns were pretty bad.

I still like John Beck, he'll get a chance somewhere and be a quality starter.

Brown is a stud and ran OVER your team. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 5 times..... you're coach is just ******ed on that day.

Ginn was pretty good in the 2nd half of the year; he'll continue to grow and improve but will never be as good as he can with Chad Pennington..

They ejected Crowder for throwing a punch, you moron. Not to mention that Light couldn't have pulled Crowder's hair.

As for your idiocy about Light holding Porter, I've always said you didn't know what you were talking about.

BTW, its pretty amazing how you are sitting on this board crowing about the 2008 AFC East Championship when you damn well know that the Phins wouldn't have won anything if Brady was behind the QB instead of it being Cassel making only his 2nd career start.

I always thought you kind of knew what you're talking about, but you truly are jaded by Blue and Red. Watch the video, ******; looks to me like he could've and DID pull his hair.

Are you really that dumb?

YouTube - Matt Light vs. Channing Crowder Fight/Brawl Pats v. Dolphins

I always thought you kind of knew what you're talking about, but you truly are jaded by Blue and Red. Watch the video, ******; looks to me like he could've and DID pull his hair.

Are you really that dumb?

YouTube - Matt Light vs. Channing Crowder Fight/Brawl Pats v. Dolphins

Apparently you've never been in a fist fight against someone with dreads. Trust me when I say that you will pull the hair to get an advantage (not like Light needed it against Crowder who was trying to run away).

Apparently you've never been in a fist fight against someone with dreads. Trust me when I say that you will pull the hair to get an advantage (not like Light needed it against Crowder who was trying to run away).

I think fighting is stupid, immature and for morons any way (except in extreme cases) so I've never been in a fight period.

I can't say that I would or wouldn't pull his hair, but the fact is that Channing Crowder won on that day because he got that far into Light's head that he caused him to lose his cool.

I think fighting is stupid, immature and for morons any way (except in extreme cases) so I've never been in a fight period.

I can't say that I would or wouldn't pull his hair, but the fact is that Channing Crowder won on that day because he got that far into Light's head that he caused him to lose his cool.
Never been in a fight? Prolly because you ran away.

Look aqwaah you were on here telling us how great satale was the next great center, now that Parcels traded him your saying ahh he didn't fit our system. If he is as good as you claimed he'd fit any system. When i read he got traded the first thing i thought of was you in a fetal position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye