PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aqib Talib "Loves being a Patriot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New York Knick???

Is he any relation to Duane Starks?????

gump05.jpg

"No sir we are not relations."

I don't believe I made any such allegation (any relation to Kraft foods).

I am not sure which franchise you have been following since ?? 2008 ??

NUMEROUS FA acquisitions (Moss, Haynesworth, to name two, but I think Waters, Rodney and a few other big names as well) over the last 10 years have raved about how well the Patriots eat with the Patriots provided luncheons.

Moss even went on in his post-Pats life to have an infamous RANT up in Minnie about the 'food he wouldn't serve a dog' (which cuold possibly be related to him getting too used to a higher level at the Pats).

It was so far from my mind that I didn't even think anyone could make such a connection. Apologies for not writing clearly enough. (PLEASE mentally remove "Kraft" and insert (Bob Kraft's Patriots organization) whereever appropriate.)

Corey Dillon famously raved about it in a magazine. Loved the Alaskan crablegs IIRC.

We traded a 4th for Talib. We traded a 3rd for John Starks. If the bar were any lower is would be underground.

Who the hell is John Starks?

Is that Duane's brother?

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
Talib said Brady introduced himself and told him, "'You need anything, man, just let me know.'"

@CSNNE
#PatriotsTalk Arrington on Talib: It's like he's been here all year

"He's been competing hard out there," Brady said. "It's been good for us."

"He's come in and tried to learn all the schemes, he's studied a lot of film and is learning the calls," Mayo said. "That's all you can ask."

Aqib Talib has impressed New England Patriots teammates, says little adjustment necessary: 'For a corner, you can almost play for any team' | masslive.com

Good point, here. I hadn't thought. It takes whatever sting out of losing a 4th for a 7th if we get a compensatory 4th somewhere else. At that point, it almost feels like we earned a 7th for the right to carry him on our roster and maybe play him for a few weeks. Even if it's a compensatory 5th... feels like free money to me.

Then again, maybe he plays great, we go deep into the playoffs (win super bowl) and he loves it here and signs a team friendly contract and shores up the secondary for the next three years.

What the eff do they expect him to say ... " I wish i were a green bean" :bricks:

lol...that is what Moss should of said after being a Viking for three days.

this is really no lose for either the pats of Talib.

The pats got a 7th back in the trade, and if they dont resign talib they will get compensation picks(hes a former first round pick correct?) so were looking at getting a 5th if we dont resign him, all for a 4th round pick and a few hundred grand.

All talib needs to do is keep himself clean and hes going to be protected by the franchise which is not something other teams do(see the jets)

If Talib wants to be a winner and has some heart he'll do fine here, if he haynesworth's it its not a big deal we still end up with more picks then when we started.

Corey Dillon famously raved about it in a magazine. Loved the Alaskan crablegs IIRC.

I remember him going on and on about the Shrimp omelettes... he couldn't get enough. They probably served twinkies in Cincy. Wonder what they'll serve now?

Nothing like a little preemptive negativity to turn a positive thread into a negative one. Seriously, I see far more complaining about complaining than I do actual complaining, on this thread and many others. Why not wait for it to happen instead of bringing it on?

Yeah, that's me . Mr. Negativity! Just ask anyone around here! :bricks:

When you say
Why not wait for it to happen instead of bringing it on?
are you implying that people will not find something to complain about in regards to Talib? It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

I don't know if you need a beer, or you need 30 less.

ok boy...
play well and resign at reasonable money...:rocker:

ok boy...
play well and resign at reasonable money...:rocker:

All Aqib Talib needs to be is what Leigh Bodden was in 2009 and what he was signed to be when the Pats extended him for 4 years in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back