PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aqib Talib is at Friday's practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
just heard it on the 98.5 sports update.

You know you're having a good day as a Pats fan when this is the second best news you've heard all day. :D

Doubt he plays on Sunday though.

So Talib didn't hire Dr Andrews, I gather.

Let him heal.

The one real knock on the guy is that he's a little fragile, and we've seen that. The last thing we need is some nagging injury that re-appears in January and suddenly we're F'd.

Let him heal.

The one real knock on the guy is that he's a little fragile, and we've seen that. The last thing we need is some nagging injury that re-appears in January and suddenly we're F'd.

with additional strength usually comes some excess tightness - his injuries seem to be derived from that. I wouldn't call him fragile

Better stash him until next week in Miami.... this will be a tougher nut to crack.

You know you're having a good day as a Pats fan when this is the second best news you've heard all day. :D

My thoughts exactly :D. I think that Talib has become my favorite Patriot - he is as reliable as any when on the field.

with additional strength usually comes some excess tightness - his injuries seem to be derived from that. I wouldn't call him fragile

The end result is the same - he is prone to tweaking that hip. It happened last year, and it nagged him into the playoffs and crept up at the most inopportune time possible.

He's not likely to play, but this is still wonderful news nonetheless. It could be a sign that he won't be out more than a week or two.

If he does play this week, he'll probably be on a limited snap count. The day just keeps on getting better and better.

Talib at practice

Hopefully he gets this week off to ensure whatever is wrong is fully healed. I don't think he's a must for us to win this game.

Hopefully he gets this week off to ensure whatever is wrong is fully healed. I don't think he's a must for us to win this game.

No doubt. Miami will prove a much tougher test for us next week.

i am happy...but i just hope he isn't saying he is fine when he really isn't we will need him come playoffs

Someone needs to explain the relationship between coming to practice and actually playing anytime soon.

My understanding is the players who do NOT practice do not play. Those who practice may or may not practice in the next 2 months.

Let him heal.

I wouldn't even call it general fragility: it appears that he just has a chronic problem with his hip flexor. Which sucks, but yeah, it just means that it's something that will have to be managed going forward, and if giving him occasional games off against bad passing teams is what it takes, then so be it. If we can get him to the end of the season healthy, that's a great start; after that, it's just a matter of getting a bit of luck.

More than anything, though, it makes me feel pretty bad for Talib. If these hip issues keep popping up, then that could be the difference between signing a long-term, $8-10M per deal with a lot of guaranteed money and a $5-6 per, intermediate-term deal. Although who knows; Cromartie broke his hip, and still has problems with it to this day, and he got a big money deal from the Jets anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him again until after the bye week.

He's *at* practice but not practicing. It doesn't look good for playing Sunday.

I'm thinking he'll be out until after the bye week. No need to rush him back for some regular season games that are winnable even without him.

The games are not locks by any means, but it's a chance that I think the Pats should take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down