PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aqib Talib and long term commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see so many posts wanting to pay Talib like a top corner, without any consideration to the risks.

Where are these posts? becasue 90% of posts i have seen say we shouldn't pay him like a top corner

I thought it was interesting that Bedsrd doesn't feel Arrington will be happy with slot corner money. Gotta wonder if the second CB the Pats draft is going to be Mathieu then. He'd be the slot replacement as well as the ST ace the Pats could use in a late round pick

Mathieu was kicked out of LSU for Drugs... He then got arrested again for it after going through rehab. Yes, he's been clean since then, but I don't know if he'll be on the Pats board. Especially with what's happening with Dennard..

Could someone please explain this fascination with DRC? I've never understood it. He wasn't all that in Arizona and he proved in Philly just confirm that he wasn't all that in Arizona.

What am I missing?

I think it's the Cromartie surname...he HAS to be good..he's a Cromartie!...the Jet version is light years better...

I don't think that Andy or anyone is questioning the fact that the secondary was better down the stretch, which included particpation from Talib.

What he is questioning is "how much" of that progress we can actually attribute to Talib vs the other 4 moves that were made (Arrington to the slot full-time, McCourty as a safety, Dennard starting as an outside CB, and the removal of Chung from the secondary altogether).

The point is because Talib was there doing his part..all the other cogs in the DBackfield fell into place....we lost the main cog in the first few plays of the AFCCG and Flacco exploited the weak spot in the secondary and Arrington got picked on all day. So YES..Talib was a major factor....

Indy - Talib holds Wayne to 7 catches on 18 targets, 72 yards, long of 21 yards, and 0 TD's. That's fantastic and a major reason why we won that game. Wayne made no game changing plays. Talib also had a 59 yard pick 6. And you say he played poorly in this game? :rofl:

I think we might see the use of the Transition tag...

I have no problem with applying the Transition tag on Talib. It then becomes a one-year
"prove it again" contract, albeit for very big bucks. Bill would also have bought himself
another year to assess the CB position, including the feasibility of signing Talib to a
longer-term extension.

Talib and long term commitment

Could someone please explain this fascination with DRC? I've never understood it. He wasn't all that in Arizona and he proved in Philly just confirm that he wasn't all that in Arizona.

What am I missing?

Me neither, the guy is above average for sure but he's by far the worse Cro. Say what you want about the Jest Cro, but that guy is a legit #1 corner.

Indy - Talib holds Wayne to 7 catches on 18 targets, 72 yards, long of 21 yards, and 0 TD's. That's fantastic and a major reason why we won that game. Wayne made no game changing plays. Talib also had a 59 yard pick 6. And you say he played poorly in this game? :rofl:
Dave Breaks Down Film: Secondary Analysis - Week 11 vs Indianapolis
He has Talib allowing 8/13 passes for 141 yards. His worst plays were when he wasn't on Wayne.
For comparison, Arrington went 10 straight games without allowing more than 50 to end the season, and he sucks according to many.

What am I missing?
Belichick was reportedly a fan, and I think I read somewhere that he was the second option after Mayo in that draft (although I might be making that up). He put together an elite second half of a season one of his seasons in Arizona. And he's tall and fast.

Other than that, not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back