PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Appreciation to the offensive line!!! [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsOwl

Rookie
Reaction score
WOW!!!
That was the most impressive display ive seen in a long time. If the boys can give brady that much time then he'll find Randy all season long! :rocker:
Great start boys!

Re: Appreciation to the offensive line!!!

Yeah, just dominant. A thing of beauty.

O-Line was HUGE today, Jets weren't near Brady.

work on run blocking some but pass protection was GODLY.

Brady had time to check down all 4 of his options most of the day.

What Brady lacked in receiver talent, the team made up for in the O-line. I know Manning has a low drop back to sack ratio, but it seems like Brady has had a lot of really good protection throughout his career. Anyone have his ratio?

Amazing display by the O Line. Congrats to them and Dante.

WOW!!!
That was the most impressive display ive seen in a long time. If the boys can give brady that much time then he'll find Randy all season long! :rocker:
Great start boys!

In all seriousness, that is the ONE of the best, IF NOT THE BEST!.....That I have ever seen this O line play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT FRIGGIN POST MAN....because 99.9% of the time no one thinks about the work/play of the O line.....but it is absolutely CRUCIAL obviously, and today....they were the epitome of what an O line should be.....and a key to the win today.....NOW, there is still work to do....such as opening holes consistently for the RB's....because on several I don't think it was the "I don't know....should I hit the hole now" crap that Maroney has been stereotyped with all the time today...I thought quite often the holes were only there for a millisecond before closing and not giving LoMo the time he needs to DO WHAT HE DOES NEXT which is.....hitting that second gear that leaves defensive players with their jocks around their ankles.........!!! Anyways...CONGRATS to the OLINE play today......it was a definite key to the game.......they were AWESOME!!! GO PATS!!!

The Jets don't have a legitimate pass rusher, but the O-Line was awesome today Next week will be a legit test with the Shawn's coming to foxboro

Congrats to the Big Uglies!!!

My main concern going into the game today was the OL. They are a solid group but didn't always look that way in the pre-season. They need to get credit for a great game.:rocker:

The funniest line I've read today was from a Jets fan. "Brady had so much time today, he could impregnate 3 women and still hit Moss."

I hope the the OL has the same type of play all year long.

Re: Congrats to the Big Uglies!!!

Yeah, I hope this is a sign of a trend in the O-Line.

If it happens again next week I am going to get fired up for sure.

They don't need to be perfect, just consistent. That is all Brady really needs is some confidence in what those guys are going to do from week to week.

My main concern going into the game today was the OL. They are a solid group but didn't always look that way in the pre-season. They need to get credit for a great game.:rocker:

The funniest line I've read today was from a Jets fan. "Brady had so much time today, he could impregnate 3 women and still hit Moss."

Wow. Pretty witty. That is funny...I said he could make the ham sandwich and put may o and mustrad on it. But, I like the impregnate joke better.:rocker:

The Oline was outstanding! No doubt it helped having a few receiving threats for the jets D to worry about! It's all about balance, and boy do we have it in spades this year!

Can't have more than one thread about the job the OL did today, I guess.

WOW!!!
Great start boys!

The Offensive Line did a great job today Brady could have worn a tuxedo
out there with line play like that I know who should get a game ball for sure
Great job guys keep up the good work.

Yeah, I hope this is a sign of a trend in the O-Line.

If it happens again next week I am going to get fired up for sure.

They don't need to be perfect, just consistent. That is all Brady really needs is some confidence in what those guys are going to do from week to week.

Just so.

My key before the game was that the O-line had to be On.
If they achieve consistency
at this level of excellence ...
well, the imagination runs amok.

It is good be surprised. I was by Gaffney; you were by the OL. This is a GREAT OL, one of the top 6 in football. And the backups play TE, both Hochstein and O'Callaghan; unbelievable! This saves a Game Day roster spot for the 5th WR.

The Oline was outstanding! No doubt it helped having a few receiving threats for the jets D to worry about! It's all about balance, and boy do we have it in spades this year!

That brings up a great point......I have no doubt the O-Line played great today. But does anyone have a stat on how much the Jets had more than 4 men rushing Brady today. I don't remember the Jets blitzing much.

Could it be what we all expected with the deep threat of Moss and Stallworth keeping the Safeties and to some extent the linebackers from creeping up to the line of scrimmage today.

Last year without any wideout threats....defenses could tee off on Brady.....and just as we expected....defenses can't do that now.

*huge* props to the O line. There were times it looked like time stood still when Brady was getting ready to throw.

Agreed. Brady read the NY Times Sunday edition twice while siting in the pocket. . . . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes