PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Appreciation for Kevin Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Kevin Faulk made the play of the game, in my opinion.

His touchdown catch (on 3rd and 9 from the 17) was a crucial play at a crucial time. Suddenly the Bills could feel the Patriots' hot breath on their necks. And it was not easy. It was a tremendous full-stretch catch that he held on to with enormous concentration and bravery as he came down.

Faulk has had his critics (I've been one of them) but he showed himself a real difference-maker yesterday. That play will live in my memory.

Mike the Brit said:

His touchdown catch (on 3rd and 9 from the 17) was a crucial play at a crucial time. Suddenly the Bills could feel the Patriots' hot breath on their necks. And it was not easy. It was a tremendous full-stretch catch that he held on to with enormous concentration and bravery as he came down.

Faulk has had his critics (I've been one of them) but he showed himself a real difference-maker yesterday. That play will live in my memory.
Yeh, then the darned Chad Johnson wannabee used the ball as a prop as he waved it at the ref before curling up and taking a nap - still no flag. ;)

Mike the Brit said:

Yeah, Faulk has been a great player and team mate. Kinda funny how the Pats bring in new WR's draft a RB and WR, talk of a break out year for their young TE then they get TD's from Brown and Faulk. You gotta love those guys.

In my opinion Faulk has been an integral part of the offense for years. He is HUGE for the Patriots!!!

That would have been a sick catch for a WR let alone a RB. Faulk's the man!!

Faulk is very unselfish and Im glad to have him on our team. He busts his butt and does what he is told and doesnt let being a 3rd runningback bother him. He's a good man and a hell of an option coming out of the backfield.

That was a spectacular catch. It would have been for a WR. For a RB it was insane. For a 5-8 RB it was absolutely incredible. I've backed Faulk on these boards for years now, I'm glad to see some recognition for him when it's NOT about a fumble. Thanks for this thread.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
That was a spectacular catch. It would have been for a WR. For a RB it was insane. For a 5-8 WR it was absolutely incredible. I've backed Faulk on these boards for years now, I'm glad to see some recognition for him when it's NOT about a fumble. Thanks for this thread.
Hey buddy, don't make me dig up my "Give Kevin the Faulkin' ball!!" thread. :D

Alk said:
Hey buddy, don't make me dig up my "Give Kevin the Faulkin' ball!!" thread. :D

I'm glad I was right about him this offseason. Many said that Faulk had no role on the team with Dillon healthy and Maroney in the backfield depth chart. I argued that Faulk would be even better this season than last because he'd be asked to do only what he's truly great at and could focus entirely on what his specialty is. Early returns say I was pretty close to on the mark. I'm glad for it, not for the "I told you so factor" but rather because that means the offense has one more valuable weapon to take advantage of as I'd hoped.

Faulk's great catch has earned him the right to fumble one more time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Faulk is the most underrated player on the Patriots, no doubt in my mind. Nobody talks about him and he constantly makes big catches and runs. The fumbling issue, yes he fumbled in the playoffs. He has come back and problably feels upset about it still and will do anything and everything to help us win. As we saw with that outstanding catch, even hurting himself on the fall.

Kdo5 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Faulk is the most underrated player on the Patriots, no doubt in my mind. Nobody talks about him and he constantly makes big catches and runs. The fumbling issue, yes he fumbled in the playoffs. He has come back and problably feels upset about it still and will do anything and everything to help us win. As we saw with that outstanding catch, even hurting himself on the fall.

Amen to that. He always gives his all and for every costly fumble (see his rookie year against Miami), there are at least 3 or 4 games in a season that he looks like he's creating a major spark for the offense or even carrying it (see 2002 @ Chicago). I always rooted for him because he's a Patriot I can really relate to (I can not relate to Tom Brady at all)

When they drafted Kevin I was really pissed. His first couple of years, I thought that I was right.

But I was totally wrong! Kevin has been a key contributor for us for the past 6 years.

Bump. Agree with everyone and want something on the front page that isn't about guys who aren't on the team.

Anyone who was at the game yesterday saw this: after the early Bills TD, the crowd was just stunned. When Faulk lined up to take the KO he started waving his arms at us, imploring the crowd to snap out of it. It worked.

I thought that was pretty savvy.

Faulk is versatile. ST, RB, Reciever. He can do a lot and teams get a taste of him when they dont expect it what so ever.

Faulk's touchdown reception was amazing. This picture from Patriots.com captures just how amazing a catch it was!

ImgDyn.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye