Welcome to PatsFans.com

Apple quits the U.S. Chamber of Commerce over its ‘frustrating’ global warming denial

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

PG&E

Nike

now Apple....

“We strongly object to the chamber’s recent comments opposing the E.P.A.’s effort to limit greenhouse gases,” wrote Catherine A. Novelli, the vice-president of worldwide government affairs at Apple, in a letter dated today and addressed to Thomas J. Donohue, president and chief executive of the chamber.

Click here to read the letter: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/business/apple-chamber.pdf

“Apple supports regulating greenhouse gas emissions, and it is frustrating to find the chamber at odds with us in this effort,” Ms. Novelli continued.

Apple’s resignation was effective immediately, the letter said. The move comes a few weeks after Apple expanded the environmental disclosures on its products.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

Re: Apple quits the U.S. Chamber of Commerce over its ‘frustrating’ global warming de

Does this mean they will eliminate their GHG footprint by not moving Iphone and Macs from Taiwan to the US, or stop using ecologically damaging batteries, or trucking their products around the US?

:singing::rolleyes:

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Re: Apple quits the U.S. Chamber of Commerce over its ‘frustrating’ global warming de

sounds like they are moving in that direction...

“Apple supports regulating greenhouse gas emissions, and it is frustrating to find the chamber at odds with us in this effort,” Ms. Novelli continued.

Apple’s resignation was effective immediately, the letter said. The move comes a few weeks after Apple expanded the environmental disclosures on its products.

too bad you think its worthy of a 'rolleyes-emotocon'

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +734 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I'm a MMGW denier so I think it's silly but to me it's much like the healthcare debate, they aren't attacking the real problem. In healthcare they want to spend more money to save money - I'm still trying to figure that out. With MMGW they want to start this weird government circus of cap & tax instead of fixing the problems with cleaner energy like natural gas and nuclear.

5. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

They are re introducing the current I phone with it's more ecofriendly packaging and 666 dollar price tag.

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

I await their closing to avoid their carbon footprint.

As a matter of fact I think the rock and rock artist should stop touring and giving concerts. The amount of electricity consumed by the amps and lights the emissions from the people driving to the shows, and of course the carbon footprint of the planes the celebs travel in.....

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

Follow the money.