PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apparently Welker no slouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
He torched the Jets in the second game last year, the guys he calls slouches are usually guys he can contain.

He torched the Jets in the second game last year, the guys he calls slouches are usually guys he can contain.

Welker is an absolute menace....great player and competitor...however if Rex tells #24 to shut down Welker all night...I would bet the mortgage he doesnt go 12 for 140 again...

You may be right man....but I think Cromartie vs. Branch and Rex has Revis all over...

Welker is an absolute menace....great player and competitor...however if Rex tells #24 to shut down Welker all night...I would bet the mortgage he doesnt go 12 for 140 again...

Maybe not but Hernandez and Branch would have a field day. The way Brady's playing right now Id say the Jets D has their hands full Mon night.

You may be right man....but I think Cromartie vs. Branch and Rex has Revis all over...

Lou Costello: Well then who's on first?

Bud Abbott: Yes.

Lou Costello: I mean the fellow's name.

Bud Abbott: Who.

Lou Costello: The guy on first.

Lou Costello: The first baseman.

Lou Costello: The guy playing...

Bud Abbott: Who is on first!

Lou Costello: I'm asking YOU who's on first.

Bud Abbott: That's the man's name.

Lou Costello: That's who's name?

Lou Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.

Bud Abbott: That's it.

Lou Costello: That's who?

Lou Costello: Look, you gotta first baseman?

Bud Abbott: Certainly.

Lou Costello: Who's playing first?

Bud Abbott: That's right.

Lou Costello: When you pay off the first baseman every month, who gets the money?

Bud Abbott: Every dollar of it.

Lou Costello: All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base.

Lou Costello: The guy that gets...

Lou Costello: Who gets the money...

Bud Abbott: He does, every dollar. Sometimes his wife comes down and collects it.

Lou Costello: Who's wife?

Bud Abbott: What's wrong with that?

Lou Costello: Look, all I wanna know is when you sign up the first baseman, how does he sign his name?

Lou Costello: The guy.

Lou Costello: How does he sign...

Bud Abbott: That's how he signs it.

Lou Costello: Who?

Lou Costello: All I'm trying to find out is what's the guy's name on first base.

Bud Abbott: No. What is on second base.

Lou Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.

Bud Abbott: Who's on first.

Lou Costello: One base at a time!

Bud Abbott: Well, don't change the players around.

Lou Costello: I'm not changing nobody!

Bud Abbott: Take it easy, buddy.

Lou Costello: I'm only asking you, who's the guy on first base?

Lou Costello: Ok.

Bud Abbott: All right.

****Anyways, who cares? Whom will be covering Branch? Tate? Hernandez? Gronk? Woodhead?....see where I am going? :rocker:

Lou Costello: Well then who's on first?

Lou Costello: I mean the fellow's name.

Lou Costello: The guy on first.

Lou Costello: The first baseman.

Lou Costello: The guy playing...

Bud Abbott: Who is on first!

Lou Costello: I'm asking YOU who's on first.

Bud Abbott: That's the man's name.

Lou Costello: That's who's name?

Lou Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.

Lou Costello: That's who?

Lou Costello: Look, you gotta first baseman?

Bud Abbott: Certainly.

Lou Costello: Who's playing first?

Lou Costello: When you pay off the first baseman every month, who gets the money?

Bud Abbott: Every dollar of it.

Lou Costello: All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base.

Lou Costello: The guy that gets...

Lou Costello: Who gets the money...

Bud Abbott: He does, every dollar. Sometimes his wife comes down and collects it.

Lou Costello: Who's wife?

Bud Abbott: What's wrong with that?

Lou Costello: Look, all I wanna know is when you sign up the first baseman, how does he sign his name?

Lou Costello: The guy.

Lou Costello: How does he sign...

Bud Abbott: That's how he signs it.

Lou Costello: Who?

Lou Costello: All I'm trying to find out is what's the guy's name on first base.

Bud Abbott: No. What is on second base.

Lou Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.

Bud Abbott: Who's on first.

Lou Costello: One base at a time!

Bud Abbott: Well, don't change the players around.

Lou Costello: I'm not changing nobody!

Bud Abbott: Take it easy, buddy.

Lou Costello: I'm only asking you, who's the guy on first base?

Lou Costello: Ok.

Bud Abbott: All right.

****Anyways, who cares? Whom will be covering Branch? Tate? Hernandez? Gronk? Woodhead?....see where I am going? :rocker:

LOL..hysterical...yes NFL games are won in the trenches..

Nope. He'll go 2 for 18 in the first 1/2 and Branch will be lighting up + 8 fro 6 for 90 and 2 TD in the 1st 1/2.

Pick your poison.

Even against guys he contains, he has given praise to them beforehand if he feels they're worthy of it. He was complimentary of Andre Johnson before shutting him down. I think he honestly believed Randy took plays off and called him on it.

I was exited to see him go through two guys to get into the endzone last week.

Does he have the brace off, I was thinking as he was scoring the knee must be in pretty decent shape...

Even against guys he contains, he has given praise to them beforehand if he feels they're worthy of it. He was complimentary of Andre Johnson before shutting him down. I think he honestly believed Randy took plays off and called him on it.

I honestly believe Randy took plays off. As does almost anyone who follows football. Randy Moss is an incredibly gifted athlete with incredible skills. He is also self centered, lazy, doesn't give 100% if he doesn't think he is the primary target or is frustrated.

Randy Moss is a slouch. Wes Welker is not.

There is a reason why Randy Moss has been thrown off of five teams, 2 in one year. And there is a reason why the Patriots needed a poison pill in WW offer to get him. Has a lot to do with the effort each puts forth.

I honestly believe Randy took plays off. As does almost anyone who follows football. Randy Moss is an incredibly gifted athlete with incredible skills. He is also self centered, lazy, doesn't give 100% if he doesn't think he is the primary target or is frustrated.

There is a reason why Randy Moss has been thrown off of five teams, 2 in one year. And there is a reason why the Patriots needed a poison pill in WW offer to get him. Has a lot to do with the effort each puts forth.

You're going to be in deep trouble with Randy's resident PatsFans.com lover and boyfriend.

If people honestly believe Moss doesn't take plays off they are just blind. Hell, he even did it in 07. The Panthers game last season was an abomination too.

A motivated Randy Moss is just about the deadliest weapon in the NFL. The problem is, you just cannot adjust your whole offensive philosophy to keep a guy that unstable satisfied.

I actually agree with the way Revis gives rankings to receivers.

Randy- "Slouch". He's well known to quit when the ball isn't going his way, and pack it in if he doesn't get the love from the quarterback, or if the defense is overly physical . Completely Agree

Ochocinco - "Competitor" Not the most talented player in the NFL, but he does seem to bring it every play. Completely agree

Andre Johnson - "Beast" No further comment is necessary, Revis hit the nail on the head. Completely Agree

Wes Welker - "Trouble" He won't run a 9 route and smoke everybody with a one handed grab, but you better know where 83 is or he'll nickle and dime you up and down the field. Completely Agree

T.O. - "Slouch" Initially I don't want to agree with this, because he does seem to try a lot, but he too, seems to pack it in this year if things don't go his way. Hesitant to agree.

Yeah, I feel disgusted to agree with Revis' WR Ranking system, but the man is fairly accurate with it.

Last edited:
I actually agree with the way Revis gives rankings to receivers.

Randy- "Slouch". He's well known to quit when the ball isn't going his way, and pack it in if he doesn't get the love from the quarterback, or if the defense is overly physical . Completely Agree

Ochocinco - "Competitor" Not the most talented player in the NFL, but he does seem to bring it every play. Completely agree

Andre Johnson - "Beast" No further comment is necessary, Revis hit the nail on the head. Completely Agree

Wes Welker - "Trouble" He won't run a 9 route and smoke everybody with a one handed grab, but you better know where 83 is or he'll nickle and dime you up and down the field. Completely Agree

T.O. - "Slouch" Initially I don't want to agree with this, because he does seem to try a lot, but he too, seems to pack it in this year if things don't go his way. Hesitant to agree.

Yeah, I feel disgusted to agree with Revis' WR Ranking system, but the man is fairly accurate with it.

whether he is right or wrong i had a problem with him labelling randy and TO as slouches after 1 yr of being good. As TO (yes TO) said...he played one yr and is already speaking as an authority on potentially future HOF receivers as slouches. And revis is careful to only call out those WRs who have issues with the media . i would take Randy over ochocinco any day. As "competitive" he is , he is more concerrned with stuff outside football.

Last edited:
whether he is right or wrong i had a problem with him labelling randy and TO as slouches after 1 yr of being good. As TO (yes TO) said...he played one yr and is already speaking as an authority on potentially future HOF receivers as slouches. And revis is careful to only call out those WRs who have issues with the media . i would take Randy over ochocinco any day. As "competitive" he is , he is more concerrned with stuff outside football.

I have no problem with Revis calling them slouches based on their current level of play. They're not the receivers they used to be, it's simple. And if they don't want to be slouches, don't give up so damn easily. Slouch as Revis used it isn't based on talent, or historical production it's based on giving 100% of your effort on every play. And TO and Randy don't do that.

Last edited:
The real reason Revis called them slouches publicly was because they didn't show him any respect after they got shut down by him.

Even though he was accurate, the real reason he said it is because he didn't get respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes