PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apparently Brady was not the first choice to flip coin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I just heard on Mike and Mike, that Bradshaw declined to be at the opening ceremony, while get this Joe Montana wanted to be there if he could have 100,000 in apperance fee.. If this is true, then wow... My guess is that they wanted to have Bradshaw toss it because it was the Stillers, while Montana was the last mvp in a detroit played super bowl... When both said no, they turned to Brady , who beside Bart Starr was the other 2 time super bowl mvp..

Sean Pa Patriot said:
My guess is that they wanted to have Bradshaw toss it because it was the Stillers,

Damn. As if there weren't enough pro-Squealer bias. . . .

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I just heard on Mike and Mike, that Bradshaw declined to be at the opening ceremony, while get this Joe Montana wanted to be there if he could have 100,000 in apperance fee.. If this is true, then wow... My guess is that they wanted to have Bradshaw toss it because it was the Stillers, while Montana was the last mvp in a detroit played super bowl... When both said no, they turned to Brady , who beside Bart Starr was the other 2 time super bowl mvp..

Actually the NFL really wanted Peyton but he didn't meet the requiremnts! :rolleyes:

really

ctpatsfan77 said:
Damn. As if there weren't enough pro-Squealer bias. . . .

You would think the NFL would at least try to hide the bias! Oh well

brady's butt not big ehough

edzo44 said:
Actually the NFL really wanted Peyton but he didn't meet the requiremnts! :rolleyes:
if montana wanted $100K that means there's bad blood between him & the nfl.
a lineup of starr, brady, & aikman would have made sense. tom brady simply does not have enuf star power to do that.

JEST fans called it a gay flip.

I wish that he hadn't done it- what was the point?

Did anyone else notice all the boos from the "classy" Squeeler fans when Brady was introduced before the flip? He laughed at it. But, unbelievable after all the stars in the galaxy aligning and their team finally lucked into the SB they feel they have to boo someone on the field who has done nothing to them.

Brady is a poor coin flipper. The Seahawks liked it though. Lofa went over and shook his hand.

YUP, another reason that I wish he had said no.

Those Steeler fans do know how to show class. Just like their coach celebrating with 3:30 left in the game. BB would never had done that.

1) Jets fans call it a gay flip....big whoop. Jest fans are the most pathetic, tortured souls in the NFL. Hope it stays that way.

2) Tom Brady was booed because Pitt fans have all the class of a ten dollar hooker and because Tom Brady has crushed their SB hopes how many times now?

come on, it's football

Michael said:
Did anyone else notice all the boos from the "classy" Squeeler fans when Brady was introduced before the flip? He laughed at it. But, unbelievable after all the stars in the galaxy aligning and their team finally lucked into the SB they feel they have to boo someone on the field who has done nothing to them.
if NE fans were there and they brought out the mannings to do a coin toss, i know i'd boo like hell.
a threesome of bradshaw, joe greene, and jack lambert i'd probably cheer. but b5radshaw by himself? i'd be throwing rotten tomatoes.

Garbanza said:
2) Tom Brady was booed because Pitt fans have all the class of a ten dollar hooker and because Tom Brady has crushed their SB hopes how many times now?
Unfortunately he let one slip by.

PATSNUTme said:
JEST fans called it a gay flip.

I wish that he hadn't done it- what was the point?

The point is Tom did it because the league asked him too. He's a class act and far less insecure about what others say or do where he's concerned than his skittish fan base. One day hopefully that fan base will catch up to it's QB. :rolleyes:

Last night he was the best QB on the field and he was flipping that coin with a crew of the same shoddy officials who insured he wouldn't be playing in it. Perhaps it was just the NFL's way of warning it viewers that what they were in store for was more of the same.

It was kind of a gay flip. I was personally rooting for Tommy to figure out a way to get the coin to land on its edge.

Yeah, I've changed my mind on it. Now that we know that Bradshaw turned them down and Montana wanted a payday, it makes Brady accepting it seem more about helping out the NFL.

I still don't know why they didn't ask Bart Starr to do it.

I'm really surprised about Joe Montana and the appearance fee thing. One hundred grand to flip a coin, wow, there must be some hard feelings...

Last edited:
I think many posters would boo Marino or Bradshaw.

Michael said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes