PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apparently Brady was in the locker room today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/09/moss_we_have_ou.html

"Well, it's gonna hurt," said Moss, who noted that an "upbeat" Brady was in the locker room this afternoon. "We know we actually have to move forward, but that's hard to say and hard to do when you're talking about a player and team leader such as Tom. But like we said, 'The show must go on.'

Moss said Brady was in good spirits in the locker room this afternoon.

"He's still upbeat," Moss said. "You'd expect a guy to be down . . . he was more down on Sunday. We had a few conversations, a few texts. But he's the same old Tom Brady.

I sure hope Tom Brady is good at training new guys. I hope he annoys Cassel like Barkley annoys Dwayne Wade in those T-Mobile ads, with info. Hell, I hope he's working with the Hadron Collider genius scientists on a brain transplant machine.

Last edited:
One thing that nobody can replace are the 'intangibles' he brings to this team.

One thing that nobody can replace are the 'intangibles' he brings to this team.
Agreed...why Brady is Brady..but Cassel DOES bring something that Brady does not have..a bit of a running ability..and certainly that is something other teams will have to be aware of...even though I don't think it best that he uses it much.

Last edited:
Wow. I did not expect to see him back in the locker room that fast. The dude doesn't know the meaning of the word 'quit'.

I think this bodes well for his recovery time and dedication to getting back in the game. :D

Brady has incredible pocket presence. A trait that 99% of the other QBs don't have, so we can assume that Matt Cassel doesn't have it either.

So, that being said, it'll be interesting to see how tall Cassel stands in the pocket and how he moves around it.

IMO, that will be the key for the entire season.

Wow. I did not expect to see him back in the locker room that fast. The dude doesn't know the meaning of the word 'quit'.

I think this bodes well for his recovery time and dedication to getting back in the game. :D

Dedication-check
Indication of Recovery Time? dare we hope? :D

Brady has incredible pocket presence. A trait that 99% of the other QBs don't have, so we can assume that Matt Cassel doesn't have it either.

So, that being said, it'll be interesting to see how tall Cassel stands in the pocket and how he moves around it.

IMO, that will be the key for the entire season.
he wont..he will run. We have seen this quite a bit in the preseason. i have not seen any QB not even peyton who can stand in the pocket and absorb a hit and still try and make the throw. most QB's endup in the foetal position or run for their life.

Another sign, as if it was needed, of what a tremendous leader he really is! These guys are going to be soooo pumped for the jets, I almost feel sorry for NY!

giselle must of done a lil somethin "special" to him before he arrived haha..i feel bad for tom but his attitude toward s the injury makes me even more confident that he'll be back at 100%

I hope Moss takes more of a leadership role with this team. I know it doesn't seem to be a trait of any wr in the NFL, maybe it's the nature of the position, but I hope these guys bring Cassel up to their level.

he wont..he will run. We have seen this quite a bit in the preseason. i have not seen any QB not even peyton who can stand in the pocket and absorb a hit and still try and make the throw. most QB's endup in the foetal position or run for their life.

Win or lose, I'd prefer he run. I am NOT in the mood to watch him turned into a tackling dummy, if relentless pressure should become the norm. :mad:

If you only loved Brady the player and not Brady the man - Now is the time to change your mind - This guy really cares about his team whether he is no longer a part of the roster or not.

I'll bet his chat and pep talk with the guys in the locker room brought some tears to thier eyes,It did me and I am only reading this thread and I was a bit wet in the eyes - Knute Rockne meet your successor - its Tom Brady

I really love the guy on and off the field (from a heterosexual point of view of course ;) )

Maybe Brady's presence was too good. If he'd have taken the sack from the outside pass rusher instead of stepping up into the diving safety, he might just be back on the injury report with the "shoulder" again. :(

Glad he was back. Maybe as a send off before heading off to wherever the surgery(s?) will be performed?

Last edited:
Since the day he arrived here Tom has been a leader on and off the field. That's one of the reasons Belichick kept him on the roster in 2000 and moved him up it rapidly in 2001. I never doubted he will continue to lead irrespective of his knee injury. He will push them and challenge them and counsel them and support them. It's what he does whether he plays or not because it's a big part of who he is.

As for the rest of them, I think it's time to step up and not merely pay lip service to the obvious concept. I truly believe a lot of players took this pre season lightly because Brady wasn't playing. It showed in the first couple of series Sunday and inadvertently perhaps led to disasterous results. I'm sure it was just a subconscious thing, but now they have to do a 180 and consciously focus on doing their job to their best ever capacity consistently. Work harder, go the extra mile, make the tough catch, refuse to allow their focus to waiver. When Brady had your back the occasional lapse was survivable. Now not so much. Situational football. All Cassel can do is his job to the best of his ability. Others need to insure they do the same and veterans may need to accommodate the dropoff in talent and experience by elevating their own to balance the scale. They absolutely have to eliminate stupid mistakes to give themselves a good chance to succeed.

IF you want to know what Cassel brings to the team that Brady does not watch that Skins game one last time when he ran for a 22 yard TD. The guy has wheels and if there is trouble he can run for the 1st. Not saying he has the pocket presence but he will be a hard target to take down

Last edited:
Since the day he arrived here Tom has been a leader on and off the field. That's one of the reasons Belichick kept him on the roster in 2000 and moved him up it rapidly in 2001. I never doubted he will continue to lead irrespective of his knee injury. He will push them and challenge them and counsel them and support them. It's what he does whether he plays or not because it's a big part of who he is.

As for the rest of them, I think it's time to step up and not merely pay lip service to the obvious concept. I truly believe a lot of players took this pre season lightly because Brady wasn't playing. It showed in the first couple of series Sunday and inadvertently perhaps led to disasterous results. I'm sure it was just a subconscious thing, but now they have to do a 180 and consciously focus on doing their job to their best ever capacity consistently. Work harder, go the extra mile, make the tough catch, refuse to allow their focus to waiver. When Brady had your back the occasional lapse was survivable. Now not so much. Situational football. All Cassel can do is his job to the best of his ability. Others need to insure they do the same and veterans may need to accommodate the dropoff in talent and experience by elevating their own to balance the scale. They absolutely have to eliminate stupid mistakes to give themselves a good chance to succeed.

What you say about mistakes is right as of the team right now.

For every interception,every fumble,every giveaway this team has is one foot in the grave in regards to that particular game is which those types of mistakes happen - Mistakes this year have to be kept at an all-time low now

- This team cannot afford to make major errors that will make it too hard to overcome now -
No more of the "well,Brady can pull us out of the fire because he has before" - it needs to be near perfect execution there is no Brady to lean on,on the field this year.

He probably tells his team mates that he will have surgery soon and his team needs to kick a lot of ars because he will be watching all the games while rehabing. Of course, he expects his team mates to deliver this SB ring because it will make his recovery sweeter and better.

Glad Brady was in the locker room today, but why hasn't he had surgery yet? The faster he has surgery the faster he can start recovery. Could he actually be waiting until after this week so he can travel with the team to NY? :eek:

Hopefully he gave Randy a "You need to step up and be the leader I know you can be while I'm gone." type of talking to. They seem to be close, I have faith that Randy won't let Tom, or the team down.

Regardless, I love this friggin guy and he can QB this team as long as he wants.

Last edited:
Glad Brady was in the locker room today, but why hasn't he had surgery yet?
They usually wait a week or two for the swelling to go down. Evidently it's OK for him to move around, I would imagine on crutches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes