PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apparently a change of teams have done Rolando McClain a lot of good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. My memories of Balmer are more in line with what you saw in the series "The Wire" :eek:

Maybe I just didn't get down to the rich areas, but as far as I was concerned, I tried hard not to have to go there except when business demanded it.
I have been to Baltimore each summer for the past few years to watch the Red Sox. Each time we stayed at the Raddison Lord Baltimore on W. Baltimore St. It's a few blocks up from the Inner Harbor which is very nice and friendly toward visitors. Red Sox fans at Camden Yards are generally treated well by the natives, largely because we outnumber them at the games. For years the Red Sox had their way with the O's, but last year the tables were turned and there was a perceptible change in the natives' attitudes toward NE visitors. Anyway, wearing Sox gear isn't usually a problem. However, wear Patriots' stuff and you'll likely get a much cooler reception. The Ravens rule the area and, despite their good last season, the Orioles aren't nearly as popular. Didn't mean to steer the thread away from McClain, who is a knucklehead which should make him feel right at home with the Ravens.

I dunno. My memories of Balmer are more in line with what you saw in the series "The Wire" :eek:

Maybe I just didn't get down to the rich areas, but as far as I was concerned, I tried hard not to have to go there except when business demanded it.

I do not disagree mostly. You are right that there are quite a few tough/rough areas of Baltimore. All my visits have been business related including city/county/state agencies where I found myself, a couple of times, in rougher parts of town. But parts of the harbor area are good places to visit if you're in Baltimore. The area of the pub I mentioned is a place you should try out if there on business again. I think you will have a slightly altered view of the city......

once a thug...always a thug.

I'm actually surprised he hasn't been released yet today. Reports were that the Ravens had him on a one strike and you are out policy. This would be presumably that 'one strike'. I expect he will still be released sooner rather than later regardless, but it will be intriguing to see if the Ravens go against that supposed policy and keep him around for camp competition.

The fact that he would be exposed to waivers at the minimal contract given to him by Baltimore may play a part into it as well, or they're just gathering all of their facts before ultimately giving him the axe.

It could also be because of the upcoming draft. Releasing him now makes ILB a larger "need" and might tip off teams as to the Ravens draft intentions at the position.

That said, I think there is still a chance the Ravens keep him around (at least until camp), assuming the charges are dismissed or the issue is resolved without a conviction/plea. I have no idea if this will happen, but the incident was minor/questionable enough that it is a possibility.

Obviously, regardless of the outcome of the legal proceedings, McClain has shown he is dumb as dirt and has serious psychological issues. You know you are on a short leash, your career is on the line, and you somehow rationalize yelling, "***** the police," instead of just clearing the area calmly. It really is almost inexplicable idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back