PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apparantly the Officiating was bad in last nights game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Last Nights Officiating... - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

Did NOT cost us the game....absolutely not.

But....Let's talk about it.

How many years do we get to see the Pats get calls and Non Calls?
Ironically, in the year w/ all the hemet 2 helmet crackdowns they allowed the Pats to get away with a ton of ****.

I'm going to have to rewatch the game to get the players involved but there was a point where they checked Mark's jaw out.
Why?
Because when you look @ it again you see a Pats d-lineman take his helmet and just flat out plant it in Marks face.
He put his head down and hit him with it....NO FUKIN CALL.

and let's not mention Wilfork grabbing LT by the damn head and trying to twist it off...

Yet, @ a big point in the game, we get a nice return and they call a bull**** block in the back!

Also, on the TD that we should have challenged, the refs took a good 20 seconds to decide to call it a TD.
Why? it's either a TD or NOT, what it there to talk about for 15-20 seconds?

again, it didn't cost us the game but it is annoying as *** to see this **** happen.

Doesn't sound too different from posts here after a loss. I thought MS did get hit in the helmet by a helmet. And two refs taking so long on a call was not a great moment in refereeing.

I'll admit, some things went our way last night. However, many other games it doesnt. So it all evens out in the end :D

Am I allowed to complain about the BS offensive PI then? That block in the back was more obvious than the OPI.

Pretty standard, our fan base does the same thing at times. Everyone thinks the league hates their team but loves the others. Selective vision.

Last edited:
Pretty standard, our fan base does the same thing at times. Everyone thinks the league hates their team but loves the others. Selective vision.

I don't think anyone here was complaining about the refs after the Browns game. If they were, shame on them.

I don't think anyone here was complaining about the refs after the Browns game. If they were, shame on them.

Think less Browns and more Steelers / Colts.

At least he didn't blame the officiating for the 42 point difference. :rolleyes:

and i was debating making a thread applauding the officiating...

honestly if anything i thought the officiating hurt us.

- the strip of sanchez where they whistled the play dead right before we stripped
- there was some other thing i thought that messed up that caused us not to get a turnover... cant remember what

Rewatching the play where the officials had to huddle before deciding that there was no penalty, you could see that Koppen snapped the ball when Brady wasn't expecting it. There wasn't actually any false start -- rather, the rest of the offensive line, which was expecting the snap at the right time (along with Brady), didn't do anything, with the result that a couple of Jets made it into the backfield without much resistance.

One of the officials threw a flag apparently because the whole thing looked so awkward. But there was no violation, so the flag was ruled inadvertent. In a sense the Jets fans have a case (hard to admit), because if the flag hadn't been thrown there would have been at least an incomplete pass on the play, and perhaps a sack.

Once the flag was thrown, though, the correct thing was a do over.

And there was helmet to helmet early on on Sanchez, but it seemed quite inadvertent. Since the play was already moving in another direction, and the helmet was the second guy pulling down Sanchez, I guess the ref didn't see it. Would have been called.

- the strip of sanchez where they whistled the play dead right before we stripped
- there was some other thing i thought that messed up that caused us not to get a turnover... cant remember what

Sanchez also grabbed Cunningham's facemask when avoiding a sack but that wasn't called (I don't know if offensive players are ever called for that, though).

Welker's obvious first down that got a terrible spot and forced us into a punt...

Last edited:
Sanchez also grabbed Cunningham's facemask when avoiding a sack but that wasn't called (I don't know if offensive players are ever called for that, though).
On occasion, but with a QB running for his life they focus on the defender to protect the QB.

Doesn't sound too different from posts here after a loss. I thought MS did get hit in the helmet by a helmet. And two refs taking so long on a call was not a great moment in refereeing.

Softboiled logs on to bash the Patriots again...are you Steve From Fall River or just a flat out Rats troll? You want a missed call, try this one ,Humpty Dumpty....

e9fc01bc9c1eb1a9ef13c3638bae44c3-getty-98787416cc084_new_york_jets.jpg

Glad someone mentioned this. He didn't just grab the facemask. He held it and torqued so hard he threw Cunningham to the ground. Does anyone out there believe Mark Sanchez can throw Cunningham to the ground with one arm WITHOUT using a facemask? Right in front of the official too.

Want a REALLY bad call that changed a game?

Patriots V Colts

4th & 2.

I think everyone here remembers that one. I know I do.

sancheese hurt his jaw when he was slammed to the ground and helmet/head hit the turf on that play.....watched replay...no direct helmet to helmet.......Tate TD should have been automatically called.....both feet in bounds had full possession.......Gruden said same thing....The block in the back on return WAS a block in the back....doesn't matter how HARD you hit them in the back....you can not do it. Period. Do not know the LT play that the ref was referring to here....but suffice it to say I do not recall anyone referring to big vince as a "dirty player"

Was it just me, or did it seem like Wiflork was out to kill himself a jet?

Was it just me, or did it seem like Wiflork was out to kill himself a jet?

VW was quite amped up through the whole game. He was either smiling like a kid a Christmas, or giving someone the glare of death, but he was playing HARD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down