PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apalling pre-draft coverage by WEEI and The Sports Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
WEEI is the worst. D & C had Tony Dungy on and mocked him afterwards for a couple of verbal typos; it was reprehensible to do this to a Hall of Fame coach. It made me wonder if som of the accusations against them are true.

D & C / Big Show would take draft calls and belittle the callers and mock anyone who was interested in the draft. It would be an obligatory interview with an NFL guy and back to endless complaining about the Red Sox. The Big Show had that draft expert Lou Merloni on the night of the draft! WTF.

The Sports Hub was not much better but at least they had a good story line with the Bruins and some "Old Time Hockey / Oggy Oglethorpe".

What really gets me is that the next day the boneheads on WEEI were amazed that the draft had such high TV ratings while the crappy Rex Sox game did not. They implied that the people watching the draft were idiots.

WEEI is the worst. D & C had Tony Dungy on and mocked him afterwards for a couple of verbal typos; it was reprehensible to do this to a Hall of Fame coach. It made me wonder if som of the accusations against them are true.

D & C / Big Show would take draft calls and belittle the callers and mock anyone who was interested in the draft. It would be an obligatory interview with an NFL guy and back to endless complaining about the Red Sox. The Big Show had that draft expert Lou Merloni on the night of the draft! WTF.

The Sports Hub was not much better but at least they had a good story line with the Bruins and some "Old Time Hockey / Oggy Oglethorpe".

What really gets me is that the next day the boneheads on WEEI were amazed that the draft had such high TV ratings while the crappy Rex Sox game did not. They implied that the people watching the draft were idiots.

http://blog.adw.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/crying-baby.jpg

We're all die hard Pats fans here; the rest of the universe is not.

Interest in baseball is high as their season just started.
Interest in hockey is high as the Bruins are winning in the playoffs.
Interest in basketball is high as the Celtics are winning in the playoffs.

Right now my primary sports interest is in the Pats and the NFL draft, but I can understand how others look at that as a 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th story today.

To put it another way, where does baseball free agency or the NBA draft rank in importance when those events occur? Not very high, right?

It's okay if some people pay more attention to another sport when that sport is being played, than they pay attention to the Pats during their offseason.

Last edited:
We're all die hard Pats fans here; the rest of the universe is not.

Interest in baseball is high as their season just started.
Interest in hockey is high as the Bruins are winning in the playoffs.
Interest in basketball is high as the Celtics are winning in the playoffs.

Right now my primary sports interest is in the Pats and the NFL draft, but I can understand how others look at that as a 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th story today.

To put it another way, where does baseball free agency or the NBA draft rank in importance when those events occur? Not very high, right?

It's okay if some people pay more attention to another sport when that sport is being played, than they pay attention to the Pats during their offseason.

This would be fine except all during the football season we get fed endless hot-stove baseball rumors most of which never pan out. Even during Super Bowl week when the Patriots are playing.

Sure there is a diversity of sports stories right now but the draft got sky high TV ratings must to the amazement of the baseball besotted on WEEI. Why is it that I got much much better NFL and draft coverage on WFAN out of NYC? And they do not mock people who call in with draft questions. It is not like they don't have some compelling baseball stories in New York.

The Sports Hub is missing a great marketing opportunity; they should become the football / hockey station and let the baseball jock-sniffer run wild on WEEI. Their stupid Red Sox specials in the evenings (including last Friday freaking night) are idiotic; how are they going to compete with the real games and interviews on WEEI? And the Sports Hub morning show is un-listenable; who is this Adolpho and who cares? In the afternoons we get to listen to Felger try to run Randy Moss out of town. I have to believe that they will soon be out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes