PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AP: "Patriots' pursuit of perfection just another chapter in asterisk era" [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AP: "Patriots' pursuit of perfection just another chapter in asterisk era"

Hey, look! Just when I was looking for yet another way to say "F YOU!"

And who says there's no challenge to using foul language...

Re: AP: "Patriots' pursuit of perfection just another chapter in asterisk era" [merge

Is this article for real?

Do people get paid to write this crap?

I hope Rodney is passing out copies of this to the entire team as we speak.

I think that we should make sure that he gets a copy. :mad:

Re: AP: "Patriots' pursuit of perfection just another chapter in asterisk era" [merge

Do people get paid to write this crap?

Unfortunately yes. You also paid taxes to help their education in writing total crap studies at University.

I don't know how many times this has to be said, but (as we Pats fans know) the NFL never "acknowledged they were cheaters." I don't understand how using a video camera to do something you can do otherwise is worse than avoiding the salary cap or widespread team-use of steroids. Or piping in noise. Or using your clout on committees to favor your team.

This is BS. Here is the reason.

If pats only won 1 SB or did not have a perfect record, this 'spygate' would not be repeatedly printed in newspaper or mentioned during football season.

These people remind me of Raven because they never stop *****ing and complaining when they don't have a perfect record.

I advocate for 19-0 and 5 SB rings.

Last edited:

"That's why I don't like them, because of the cheating," said Diane Frump, the bartender at The Tin Cup bar outside Kenosha, Wis. "That helped them win those games."

Is this what it's come to now? Sportswriters eliciting comment from bartenders that obviously don't know the difference between a screen pass and a screen door? Perhaps I should get journalism lessons from the guy who bags my groceries?

I suspect "Kevin Turner" is ficticious.

Why would he need a copy of this story to know how people other than Patriots fans feel? People here sound surprised.

Face it. Regardless of what we do this year, next year or any year, people will always say that we are cheaters, regardless if they feel that the Spygate stuff actually made a difference in winning in the Belichick era.

And also, this is a news story. The Patriots are on the verge of being considered the best team ever, yet the once lovable losers from Boston are the most hated team in the league. How is that not a news story?

Pay no attention to this garbage. It's another space filler article during an extremely boring NFL season. He was given an assignment, he fulfilled it and found those people who he could use for quotes. I can find them, too. It's not the first and it won't be the last. Get used to it, as the wins pile up, the shyte's going to fly.

I always thought that, when getting supporting opinions for an article, you usually sought out people who had some unique qualification to be offering their opinion, and not a bunch of random people off the street. It's a good thing that Eddie Pells proved me wrong, though.

"That's why I don't like them, because of the cheating," said Diane Frump, the bartender at The Tin Cup bar outside Kenosha, Wis. "That helped them win those games."

Is this what it's come to now? Sportswriters eliciting comment from bartenders that obviously don't know the difference between a screen pass and a screen door? Perhaps I should get journalism lessons from the guy who bags my groceries?

How many offensive geniuses do you see among us? The story is about fan reaction and their perception of the Patriots. As Diane Frump clearly indicates by her quotes, these Patriot haters are ignorant, and this story shows us this. The blanket statement, "They cheated," just shows to me that she doesn't exactly know what it was that we did wrong and how it helped us win games. If anything, we should be glad that he chose someone like her. I would've been a bit more descriptive .. said Frump, standing in the empty bar as The Jerry Springer Show played on the big screen in the distance.

I always thought that, when getting supporting opinions for an article, you usually sought out people who had some unique qualification to be offering their opinion, and not a bunch of random people off the street. It's a good thing that Eddie Pells proved me wrong, though.

This is what is called a nut graph:
With the remnants of "Spygate" following them wherever they go, the Patriots are a hot topic in sports bars across America, where football fans wonder if they're seeing a legitimate pursuit of perfection, or just another illicitly enhanced effort to slither into the record books.

Now knowing that, who should he talk to?

A) NFL Head Coaches
B) Retired NFL PLayers
C) Only Patriots fans
D) Patrons, employees and owners of sports bars across America
E) Other

When was the last time the Pats took a cut player from a team we would face that week?
That's Mangini's area.
Another "journalist" brought to you by the American education system.:mad:

Last edited:

Just look at it this way. Long after Ed Pells and his kind are gone, and writing for some small town news paper all those SB trophys,an records will be on display. And no one will know who Ed Smells was,or what he wrote.

Last edited:

This is all just the results of media's yellow journalism at it's best. People who don't care to do their own thinking just swallow it whole and come back for seconds, without thought, or reasoning. The Pats and Kraft family were tried and found guilty by the media. Too bad. IMO just a little more clarity by Godell would have gone a long way to mitigating the situation.

I think Goodell will actually be forced to add clarity in the wake of the Super Bowl this year... plenty of opportunity for him to be asked about it. Not to mention the draft.

Screw 'em all. I use to be a pretty "live and let live" type of fan, but after seeing the excuse-fest the rest of the league indulged in, there are a lot of teams I now consider contemptible, not just rivals or the next opponent. Other fans? If they come at me with that "cheatriots" bs and it's more than skin-deep, don't give a *** about 'em. Although I will say, it seems like most people think it's a media football, when you talk to them live.

It looks like much of this team can be together through say, 2010-2012. I would really like to look back at 2001-2004 as the warmup. What's scary is that now seems possible.

Keep it coming, guys... I'm thinking this fuel, which was maybe a week's worth for any other team, could go for years without burning out. It's the Hannukah of the NFL!

PFnV

Re: AP: "Patriots' pursuit of perfection just another chapter in asterisk era"

He actually uses the NYPost, and The Daily news as part of the story. Are you kiding me.Thats like saying the Inquirer has this to say on the subject. Now thats scrapping the bottom of the barrel as far as journolistic integrity goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back