PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone worried about Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the weather was a big factor. After all, our opponents threw downfield into the weather. If it is the opponents, what is so special about these opponents? Surely for 16 games our opponents were strategizing to defend Moss. I am thrilled that the Pats have so many weapons they can win anyway, but I have yet to see a really good explanation.

Rivers threw one deep ball and was picked. It was sub freezing. it changes the ball's characteristics

No.

He was in double coverage on just about every play yesterday, opening up other receivers, including for a TD.

He was sitting next to Brady and talking to him throughout the game. Sure didn't look like he was sulking.

He dropped a pass? It was silly cold.

As for his not being on the podium, that was reserved for those who had a big impact on the game. Seau representing the D, etc.

Also, ditto to the poster who points out that the SB game is the most important one of his career.

Last edited:
No.

He was in double coverage on just about every play yesterday, opening up other receivers, including for a TD.

He was sitting next to Brady and talking to him throughout the game. Sure didn't look like he was sulking.

He dropped a pass? It was silly cold.

As for his not being on the podium, that was reserved for those who had a big impact on the game. Seau representing the D, etc.

Also, ditto to the poster who points out that the SB game is the most important one of his career.

And I don't doubt once his attorney's had the opposition on the run, his teamates advised him to cease media access because given the mindset of the average mediot he will not be asked about his game except in relation to the incident. I hope by SB media day that will have changed so he can enjoy the experience, but that is likely wishful thinking on my part...

I think he feels like hes wasting an opportunity because hes in the playoffs, and now the superbowl and hes waisting it away when he doesn't play well. Still love him though. :D

Last edited:
Moss is made of glass.

Not only am I not worried about Randy, I think he is going to be the MVP of the Super Bowl.

It's his first time there and like T.O. in 2004, his ego and professional pride on the big stage will push him to another level.

(Don't forget, if the Eagles won that game, T.O. was the MVP, not Branch. Deion had 11 catches for 133 with a long of 27. Playing injured, Owens had 9/122/36)

Last edited:
Yeah,

I know, I'm gonna get flamed for this.

But he has been noticably absent sense he started having the off field issues.

Part of me is posting this hoping that I will be proven miserably wrong in the SB.

But I must admit, I am concerned.

I really don't know what to make about him not celebrating with the team.

I would not have expected him to go on the podium, because we all know the media circus that would have been.

I really hope they can get him back in the gameplan and he can be what he was all season.

I know teams are doubling him, blah blah.

Teams did that all season to no avail.

I'm just a bit worried and I know I'm not the only one.

Flame aways :bricks:

The flaming is a bit warranted, imo. This is silly.

The guy has been blocking like a mother-F____er, but the D has just been taking him away. He was BY ALL REPORTS (you should read some of them) JUBILANT this week after he got that story off his chest, and LAST week he was fantastic run-blocking against the Jags - didn't seem to be unfocused at all, even with the swirling blackmail.

Given that the Pats are the premier multi-dimensional team, there is no concern when they plan to attack vulnerabilities with short passes and a well-executed running game. When the wind has such an impact on any ball thrown or kicked for distance, it's time to use those parts of the offense that work against that opponent in those conditions.

Be thankful you root for a team that has all those choices at its disposal.

Yeah,

I know, I'm gonna get flamed for this.

But he has been noticably absent sense he started having the off field issues.

Part of me is posting this hoping that I will be proven miserably wrong in the SB.

But I must admit, I am concerned.

I really don't know what to make about him not celebrating with the team.

I would not have expected him to go on the podium, because we all know the media circus that would have been.

I really hope they can get him back in the gameplan and he can be what he was all season.

I know teams are doubling him, blah blah.

Teams did that all season to no avail.

I'm just a bit worried and I know I'm not the only one.

Flame aways :bricks:

The man accepted to come here to WIN a championship...not make more Ca$h, or set records(which he still did).

In the end all that matters is SB win. His mere presence on the field causes other Defenses to change their gameplans, and further opens the door for guys like Welker, Stall, Gaffney, Faulk, Lomo to benefit.

I always thought Moss was a jerk, but I cant question his ethics and commitment after having arrived in the NEW TITLETOWN

u guys worry too much..who gives a sh*t if moss has only 2 catches..he contributes way more then most recievers in other ways..ive seen him throw blocks like crazy on our little passes & maroney runs..He's so much more humble too..u never see him complaining or bi*ching @ his teammates..he's on this team to win..He's not an attention whore which i love..so propz to MOSS..keep doing what your doing!!!

The chase for the records is over now.

Everyone should have noticed the shift in the Patriots' offense philosophy since then. Lots of Maroney, lots of Faulk, lots of Welker.

I started this exact thread last night and people just b|tched at me! :confused:

Indeed the title is almost the exact same so when I woke up just now I was all excited, oh cool someone finally responded to my post.

Anyone else worried about moss

Rivers threw one deep ball and was picked. It was sub freezing. it changes the ball's characteristics

I am not talkin g about >40 yards, I am talking about 15 yard passes. Jackson and Chambers caught 13 balls for about 14 yards per reception with no YAC. These were longer than most of Brady's throws. Brady usuallly threw short. SD threw more intermediate range passes.

No worries at all...

Moss has already proved who he is... He will prove it again in the nice conditions expected on SB day in Arizona.

TB will recover from his flu or whatever else was plaguing him yesterday and our offense will basically deliver an a***k**g to the NYG..

That's my prediction for now

Hopefully, they'll get back to playing the type of football that made them 16-0 and won them all of those tough games rather than the type of football which let them narrowly beat the Chargers and Jaguars. I hope the dome will be enough to change that.

The chase for the records is over now.

Everyone should have noticed the shift in the Patriots' offense philosophy since then. Lots of Maroney, lots of Faulk, lots of Welker.

Yeah, it leads to games where the other team is within 1 td in the 4th quarter instead of blowouts. I hope they go back to the wide open style or they will risk losing the Super Bowl.

I don't think the weather was a big factor. After all, our opponents threw downfield into the weather. If it is the opponents, what is so special about these opponents? Surely for 16 games our opponents were strategizing to defend Moss. I am thrilled that the Pats have so many weapons they can win anyway, but I have yet to see a really good explanation.

New England runs a different offense. We run streaks and posts. Yesterday it was easy to tell that Moss was NEVER open. If he was running the right plays, then this was the Patriot game plan. Their wideouts create space in the middle for the Welkers and Faulks.

About Randy not sticking around outside. He is tall and thin wit no meat on them bones. It was cold out there. Easier for the other guys o withstand that cold.

I bet you he ran inside because he couldn't feel his nose, toes and fingers.

Anyone worried about Randy Moss should root for another team. No offense, but you suck at being a Patriot fan.

Last edited:
Yeah, it leads to games where the other team is within 1 td in the 4th quarter instead of blowouts. I hope they go back to the wide open style or they will risk losing the Super Bowl.

I think the SB will see the Pats offense firing on all cylinders - Brady to Moss, Brady to Welker, Brady to Watson, Brady to K. Brady.... The GMen won't know what to defend against.. Plus, there's Maroney and Faulk .. just too many weapons to counter..

Yesterday, Brady wasn't well and had his worst game of the season !! Moss didn't play at all (except briefly)... Still, Maroney, Faulk and our so-called "old men" on the defense were enough to stop the Bolts cold..

We will see the Pats in full flow in the SB.. It will be a demonstration of how the game of football should be played by a team !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back