Anyone worried about Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Yeah,

I know, I'm gonna get flamed for this.

But he has been noticably absent sense he started having the off field issues.

Part of me is posting this hoping that I will be proven miserably wrong in the SB.

But I must admit, I am concerned.

I really don't know what to make about him not celebrating with the team.

I would not have expected him to go on the podium, because we all know the media circus that would have been.

I really hope they can get him back in the gameplan and he can be what he was all season.

I know teams are doubling him, blah blah.

Teams did that all season to no avail.

I'm just a bit worried and I know I'm not the only one.

Flame aways :bricks:

I think he is the least of our worries. Just his being on the field changes the whole game. If teams want to gang up on him and take him away, that will open up everything else.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats get Moss more involved in Arizona. Weather and wind won't be a factor there, so the passing game should have the crispness and efficiency it was missing yesterday. I expect the Pats to spread the Giants out to expose their biggest defensive weakness, lack of depth in the secondary.

No. Teams have been forcing the issue with him and taking him away. Even in the game, he is such a threat, teams double and triple him.

Also, the SB game conditions favor the pats now. The cold weather and wind has helped our opponents stay close until we grind them down into submission :D

No. No. NO.

Huh? He addressed the media this week after everything hit the fan. Now that it's turning out to be a non-event, he's still right to keep a low profile after the game, etc.

In short, no.

I'm certainly not worried about his downfield blocking which has been good in the playoffs.

Yeah,

Part of me is posting this hoping that I will be proven miserably wrong in the SB.

I would not have expected him to go on the podium, because we all know the media circus that would have been.

I really hope they can get him back in the gameplan and he can be what he was all season.

No he started being absent when the weather got worse. He ran a good end-around yesterday. He's limited in what he can do beyond his deep routes. There was not going to be any deep passes in that wind yesterday. It was painfully windy.

Can we laugh at you when Moss comes up huge in Arizona?

If the teams not concerned neither am I. There are quotes from Gaffney and Harrison talking about having Moss's back after the game and how happy they were for him to be finally going to a Super Bowl.

Randy Moss on a fast track in warm weather will put all of this to rest.

He is doing his job. Blocking is good, and if in the passing game, he is taking 2 or 3 guys with him, he is opening up other guys for us in space that would be occupied if not for him. The stat sheet doesn't tell everything, and I am not worried about him at all, as long as next week he takes 2 or 3 Giants with him wherever he goes on the field.

Can we laugh at you when Moss comes up huge in Arizona?

Nothing would make me happier.

I feel a bit better after reading some of your posts

Thing is we dont need him to be all there and 100% we just need the threat of him on the field to open everyone else up underneath.

It is at least odd. The man who is supposed to be the best receiver in the league has 2 receptions for 32 yards. It is not credible that the Jags and Bolts have unique personnel that are able to cover Moss in ways nobody could for 16 games. DId teams suddenly discover a new way to defend the Patriots long game? Nobody has played cover 2? I would love to see an thoughtful answer.

I'm in the "raised eyebrow" group. Not worried but just two catches in two games is weird. However, back when Brady was forcing it to him we were saying that Brady is a better QB when he throws to the open guy. You would think Moss would start to open up a little now with the running game so hot - teams can't defend everything.

It is at least odd. The man who is supposed to be the best receiver in the league has 2 receptions for 32 yards. It is not credible that the Jags and Bolts have unique personnel that are able to cover Moss in ways nobody could for 16 games. DId teams suddenly discover a new way to defend the Patriots long game? Nobody has played cover 2? I would love to see an thoughtful answer.

The weather and the opponents have conspired to take him out of the game. Against the Jags I honestly think he was intentionally not part of the game plan. They were vulnerable to the short passing game and Brady made mince meat out of them with it. Yesterday it was really windy on the field & it affected Brady's accuracy. Plus, Moss dropped one of the only balls that was thrown to him and it was right on his hands. I hope that Randy sees the value of being on a team where if he doesn't have such a great game (for whatever reason), other guys can carry the load. When he was in Minn his team lost in the playoffs when the opponent took him out of the game. Now he is going to the Superbowl and he should be proud that he is a big reason why we got there.

I don't think the weather was a big factor. After all, our opponents threw downfield into the weather. If it is the opponents, what is so special about these opponents? Surely for 16 games our opponents were strategizing to defend Moss. I am thrilled that the Pats have so many weapons they can win anyway, but I have yet to see a really good explanation.

Yeah,

I echo, NO NO NO! Think about this guys life. This is the single biggest opportunity of his life. If he wins a SUPERBOWL he gets to mute his critics, finally put the "Bad Team Mate" tag to bed, and get out of the tail spin his life became in Oakland. Maybe the guy is just trying to not mess this one up. At least thats how I see it. GO PATS!

I don't think the weather was a big factor. After all, our opponents threw downfield into the weather.

Did you watch the Game? SD did not go deep down the field except for 1 play - and once the wind got hold of it, it resembled a punt that was intercepted by Hobbs.

Yes. Since I can not worry about Maroney, and Stallworth is contributing, it logically follows that Moss has gone to hell in a handbasket :)

Seriously folks... I agree that he's taking a lot of coverage with him, and we are playing good teams with good pressure. I also agree weather's on Moss/Brady's side in Arizona.

But I do like the thought that other teams may just figure "play press coverage," and see what happens to them. I'm pretty sure Moss is as good as Greg Jennings :)

PFnV

I think most of Moss's lack of production was on Brady yesturday. He was way off on a few play and the stuff he did complete were real high % stuff to Welker and Faulk. Brady was off, so both outside guys (Stalworth and Moss) were pretty limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back