PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watching the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely watching. I live in the Bay Area and am rooting for the Niners. I don't hate the Ravens, so I really don't care that much who wins. This is so much less stressful than in previous years, as it will be the first time in a decade when I don't have to pray that the Colts or Steelers lose (or pray for a Pats win.)

This is so much less stressful than in previous years, as it will be the first time in a decade when I don't have to pray that the Colts or Steelers lose (or pray for a Pats win.)

Yep. We can just sit back enjoy a good football game.

And hope Moss has a good night.

not going to watch any pregame, but will watch the game, probably with the sound off. Really don't want to hear how Ray Lewis is a cross between Ghandi and Mother Teresa, and that immediately before the game he donated a kidney to save a homeless invalid in Somolia......

No. I don't care for the teams or the match-up. However, I hope 49ers win. Even though that means suffering from media BS throughout next season about Kaepernick being the best QB in the league, I don't care, as long as it ain't those murderer-lead dirty, whiny old bags or jail birds known as the Ravens. Ray Lewis is a HOFer don't get me wrong, but he don't deserve any talk of "redemption" just because he won a bowl game and I refuse to hear it from the media during the off season.

not going to watch any pregame, but will watch the game, probably with the sound off. Really don't want to hear how Ray Lewis is a cross between Ghandi and Mother Teresa, and that immediately before the game he donated a kidney to save a homeless invalid in Somolia......

Watched the last 2 Pats games with the sound off. No ball washing announcers. Greatly improved the experience. May mess with the surround sound next season to just hear the crowd noise.

I haven't watched any sports news programs on TV or radio and won't until a week after the SB. I'll tune in right at kick off and watch the first half and then go to bed while DRVing the second half. I may/may not watch the second half but I will fast forward to see NO boo the Tzar when he presents the trophy.

I haven't watched any sports news programs on TV or radio and won't until a week after the SB. I'll tune in right at kick off and watch the first half and then go to bed while DRVing the second half. I may/may not watch the second half but I will fast forward to see NO boo the Tzar when he presents the trophy.

Damn you to Hell for motivating me to DVR the 2nd half!

It will be a stolen kidney.

For a few days after the Pats game last week, I thought "F that, I'm not watching" but I'm a NFL fan so of course I'll be watching...hopefully to see the Ravens lose, so Lewis doesn't get the "storybook ending"...yeah...I have an agenda...:mad:

i can't wait for next year..SB in NY. We all know how the pats do in snow storms :D

I don't have any interest in it. I'll most likely drink beer that day though. I might watch it with no feelings about it.

I don't like either team.

its the super bowl i been watching this game as long as i can remember even when my pats had no shot in hell of ever geting there i still watched the SB and i will again this year with my fam and some good chicken wings lol

Not a chance. I just cannot stand Ray Lewis or Suggs.And, I have watched every Super Bowl played, but one, and that was the Peyton Manning Super Bowl.

Definitely watching ... my dislike of the Ravens is still there ... I'll be rooting for Randy Moss to get a ring and I like watching Kaepernick. It's the last game of the year - it's fun except after it's like going to a wake when the game is over. Oh well - I have my Bruins back to carry me through the early spring.

Last edited:
I'll watch it even though I can't really stand either team especially their coaches. If I end up watching at home, I might say a few bad words and watch something else half way through.

I purposely set up a date with my girlfriend during the Super Bowl so I won't find myself watching something that will only make me sad.

Of course I'm watching the SB.

I was an NFL fan (first game I saw was the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles--the only team to beat Lombardi's Packers for the NFL title) long before I became a Patriots fan.

To me the NFL season is like a 20 week Drama; as a Patriots fan, I've been fortunate, at least for the last decade, to be supporting a team that's made it to the final Act of that Drama nearly every year.

How could I miss the last scene of the last Act if I truly care about the game itself and not just one team?

It'd be sort of bizarre to be a football fan and not watch the Super Bowl.

Having said that, it is the first time in awhile I'm having trouble figuring out a rooting interest (I suppose gambling might help.) I was rooting pretty strongly for the Saints and Packers over the Steelers and Colts, but there's nothing like that here.

Absolutley. Its going to be a great game weither you all like it or not. Its kind of a stress free week not worrying about who is going to win and actually enjoying the game. Its the 2 weeks prior I havent and wont be watching. But its still football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back