PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watching the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this every year the Pats don't make the big game, and I'll say it again this year...

Anybody who says that they are not watching the Super Bowl without having the work, attend a family function, or that has some sort of emergency happen, is lying. To themselves and to us. Out of all the people that said "no" based on a shunning of football in general, I'll bet roughly 98% of you watch the Super Bowl when it comes around.

I'll absolutely be watching. It's the end of football for God's sake! No more for the next six months. And I'll be rooting hard for the Niners.

I'm watching Downton Abbey that Sunday night. Saw enough Ray Lewis hype for my lifetime at the lounge tonight.

As with every season, once the Pats are done, so am I with football until the CFL kicks off. That keeps me content until NFL training camps start. Until then, NHL it is.

I will be avoiding everything relating to the Super Bowl until the actual game starts. Then I'l watch and hope that Ray Lewis doesn't end his career with a win.

I will be eating buckets of chicken wings while rooting for the San Francisco 49ers!

I will be watching and hope that the Ravens are exposed as the goons and thugs that they are

Will be watching the game. Niners are my second team - I lived in the SF Bay area for a long time and my sons grew to be Niner fans. Would prefer the Pats but at least the boys and I will be rooting for the same team.

Hate the Ravens

Not watching? I am amazed at the number of people who claim they now will not watch it.:confused:

I'm a football fan first, and I grew up a Pat's fan pretty much watching anyone but the Pats in this big game anyway.

It'll be more relaxing, less stressful and satisfying if I can see Ray Lewis cry for real for once as the Niners dance in the confetti.:p

No, I'd rather see a movie. Haven't seen Lincoln yet.

Excellent movie- I never knew that he killed all those vampires.:)

Oh the one that he pushed through the bill to totally abolish slavery was very good too.

Last edited:
I'll be watching. Football is still an awesome game without your home team involved. Having The Pat's in it just makes it awesome...er.

I'm going to go over Tom Brady's house — hear it's pretty nice. Looking forward to getting his thoughts on trading Gronk for Revis. G's making nachos — can't wait.

How are you gonna get across the moat?

How are you gonna get across the moat?

Welker's got a tugboat. He figured he'd have to earn his keep around here. :bricks:

I have a few parties I can to I'll probably go to one of them. When Pats are in SB I stay home.

I'm disappointed the Pats won't be in it, but I'm not watching because I care less about this matchup than I do the rare during-parenthood opportunity to go on a date with my wife. It really is a coincidence that the last time we went on a date during the SB was the Colts-Bears, but we really loved it. Had the restaurant and most of the town to ourselves.

I've hated some of the SB matchups of late and made it through those. And I wouldn't be too hard on people who don't want to watch. As I pointed out in another thread somewhere, this is the first Super Bowl in a long while that Pats fans don't really have a rooting interest for or against. It's a little weird.

I will not watch and I don't know how anyone who lives and dies emotionally with the patriots can watch the super bowl when you know if all things were equal (manpower/injury wise) last Sunday the pats were going to be playing next sunday. Watching the super bowl after your team comes within a game of it is tantamount to watching your worst enemy f your wife and smile at you...
I'll take my kids out and let my wife have a Sunday to herself because she been a bit of a football widow for 4 hrs every weekend

Going to be watching it, yes. Go Niners. I think the last Super Bowl I missed was probably the Niners-Broncos XXIV blowout in 1990. That was a good one to miss. Games have certainly been more interesting than back in the day when the NFC won all the time and the game was usually a blowout.

I'm watching Downton Abbey that Sunday night. Saw enough Ray Lewis hype for my lifetime at the lounge tonight.

Wonder if Lewis was involved in the murder of Bates's wife. ...

Yes, that answer strains my credulity as well. Next thing you know he'll be telling us he secretly listens to ABBA. :D

Hey, Dancing Queen is my signature song! :p

I will watch the SB, although I would prefer to see the pats comedy a 3rd time with Brady taking safeties or Belichick wearing pink sweaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back