PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watching the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seem I am in the minority, but it's the last football game of the year, and we'll have a house full, just not emotionally invested in either team, 'cept for Moss.

Don't think I have ever missed a Super Bowl since I was 6 or so. Not planning on breaking that trend next weekend. The good news is that I don't mind being at a Super Bowl party with women and kids who talk during the game and want everyone to shut up during the commercials.

Yup. Even though the Patriots didn't get in the dance, I'm a football fan first and I am a fan of the super bowl no matter who is in it.

Don't think I have ever missed a Super Bowl since I was 6 or so. Not planning on breaking that trend next weekend. The good news is that I don't mind being at a Super Bowl party with women and kids who talk during the game and want everyone to shut up during the commercials.

You just described everything that's wrong with the Super Bowl "spectacle" in one clever sentence.

Don't think I have ever missed a Super Bowl since I was 6 or so.

I will watch too. The only Super Bowl I've missed since 1974 was the Niners-Bengals classic in 1989 (88 season). I was on a bus coming back from a ski trip.

It will be tough, especially if the Ravens win it.

Busy weekend. We will ski Saturday and possibly Sunday. If we have any energy left we will attend a massive Super Bowl party thrown by a friend of a friend. I will concentrate on the party part rather than the Super Bowl part. I hope the Niners win but it's going to be tough without a pass rush.

The part is in walking distance to the house so that makes it even better.

Love watchng the SB. It's an event. One that is a lot less stressful and enjoyable when the Pats aren't in it.

Doesn't mean I'm *glad* the Pats didn't make it :( Au contraire!

Regards,
Chris

hoping Kaepernick misses the team bus and the private plane they'd send him, so I can root for Alex Smith to blow out the Ravens.

I'm not. I've stopped watching the Celtics games too.....

Childish at best - grow up.

wahhh ... boo hoo my team is not in it ... seriously that's messed up.

Last edited:
It's a bummer that the Patriots aren't making it, but at least I won't be stressed out watching, I can just sit back and enjoy a good game.

We're watching the Puppy Bowl. :D

yeah i still mind all the stupid talk..let me watch the last game of the year d%#*!@t!

Of course I’m watching it. Not many people took the loss a week ago harder than me. But it’s the Super Bowl, it would be borderline un-American to not watch it.

I've said this every year the Pats don't make the big game, and I'll say it again this year...

Anybody who says that they are not watching the Super Bowl without having the work, attend a family function, or that has some sort of emergency happen, is lying. To themselves and to us. Out of all the people that said "no" based on a shunning of football in general, I'll bet roughly 98% of you watch the Super Bowl when it comes around.

I'll absolutely be watching. It's the end of football for God's sake! No more for the next six months. And I'll be rooting hard for the Niners.

I'll definitely be watching, hoping for a nail biter to the end.

This is it. The dust settles and we have the best two teams in football. I can't think of anything more exciting going on during the evening of Feb. 3rd than the two of them playing on a neutral field.

I've said this every year the Pats don't make the big game, and I'll say it again this year...

Anybody who says that they are not watching the Super Bowl without having the work, attend a family function, or that has some sort of emergency happen, is lying. To themselves and to us. Out of all the people that said "no" based on a shunning of football in general, I'll bet roughly 98% of you watch the Super Bowl when it comes around.

I'll absolutely be watching. It's the end of football for God's sake! No more for the next six months. And I'll be rooting hard for the Niners.

LOL. So true, Konta. I really have no vested interset in the SB. And we have friends hinting on us having a SB party. Which is NOT happening. But, I know I will be watching :ugh:.

What kind of sore loser would actually avoid the last football game of the season just because their team lost?

Some of you are really weak-minded.

If I could last Packers Steelers, two teams I absolutely HATE, then I could last this one.

Go 9ers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye