PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watching the Redskins game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swheeler23

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The oline better show up next week or Brady will be dead! The Redskins defense looks great against the Steelers.

well the steelers are known to not have the best o-line and i deff. think we have a more solid line then them but have you seen Staffords start in the lions game.....ouch :eek:

well the steelers are known to not have the best o-line and i deff. think we have a more solid line then them but have you seen Staffords start in the lions game.....ouch :eek:

That is why Stafford is making the big bucks. I wish it was Sanchez. Can not stand him and he has never thrown a pass in an NFL game.
Redskins are moving the ball pretty good now.

Last edited:
That is why Stafford is making the big bucks. I wish it was Sanchez. Can not stand him and he has never thrown a pass in an NFL game.

ya i liked him before the draft but once i saw he was a jet my first words were "hes dead to me":p

Any Gator fan could have told you that Sanchez would have probably been a much better #1 pick than Stafford. Personally, I never got the fascination with Stafford. The kid comes from the same mold as a Favre or a Cutler: cannon arm but **** for brains.

And I'm happy that Brady is going to be going up against a defense with a good pass rush. My fears for his knee have all but subsided now and I think this will be a good test for him going into the regular season.

Last edited:
Any Gator fan could have told you that Sanchez would have probably been a much better #1 pick than Stafford. Personally, I never got the fascination with Stafford. The kid comes from the same mold as a Favre or a Cutler: cannon arm but **** for brains.

And I'm happy that Brady is going to be going up against a defense with a good pass rush. My fears for his knee have all but subsided now and I think this will be a good test for him going into the regular season.

What if he still does not step into his throws? Is there anything the patriots can do to help other then letting him play?

What if he still does not step into his throws? Is there anything the patriots can do to help other then letting him play?

I had that concern too. It only looked like he was doing that on his deep passes though, which were two passes in the game. However, last week he got hit hard a couple of times with one being around his knees and seemed to bounce back from it. Eventually, he will get it corrected. Hopefully it's this week.

And no, there's nothing the Pats can do to help. It's a mental hurdle that he has to get over. Everyone goes through it after an injury no matter what profession you're in. We like to think of Tommy like he's bionic but, unfortunately, he's not. That's why I'm happy he's going up against a fierce pass rush this week. Better for him to work the butterflies out in preseason Week 3 than regular season Week 1. :)

I had that concern too. It only looked like he was doing that on his deep passes though, which were two passes in the game. However, last week he got hit hard a couple of times with one being around his knees and seemed to bounce back from it. Eventually, he will get it corrected. Hopefully it's this week.

And no, there's nothing the Pats can do to help. It's a mental hurdle that he has to get over. Everyone goes through it after an injury no matter what profession you're in. We like to think of Tommy like he's bionic but, unfortunately, he's not. That's why I'm happy he's going up against a fierce pass rush this week. Better for him to work the butterflies out in preseason Week 3 than regular season Week 1. :)

I guess your right. I think everyones expectations for Brady are very high.

I guess your right. I think everyones expectations for Brady are very high.

Oh, mine are as well. I think we're going to have the best offense in the league by leaps and bounds this year. But, based on what I've seen so far, Brady does have that mental hurdle to get over on long throws. If you go back and watch the two bombs from the Bengals game (both to Welker and Moss), you'll notice that he doesn't put his leg out and instead stands straight up. I'm expecting a little less of that this week against the Redskins.

Like I said, he got pasted a couple of times the other night. The nervousness should subside and we should start seeing the Tommy of old again. Plus, this is preseason week 3 meaning we're probably going to see A LOT of him.

I was thinking earlier today that the upcoming Redskin game was kinda concerning. I think it could be elevated physically for a preseason game.

Starters in longer.
Nationally televised.
Oct. 2007

Yeah, I know it's preseason...but the Redskins were particularly pissed about that game and hanging 52 on them.

Oh, mine are as well. I think we're going to have the best offense in the league by leaps and bounds this year. But, based on what I've seen so far, Brady does have that mental hurdle to get over on long throws. If you go back and watch the two bombs from the Bengals game (both to Welker and Moss), you'll notice that he doesn't put his leg out and instead stands straight up. I'm expecting a little less of that this week against the Redskins.

Like I said, he got pasted a couple of times the other night. The nervousness should subside and we should start seeing the Tommy of old again. Plus, this is preseason week 3 meaning we're probably going to see A LOT of him.

Why not ease back into those long throws? They did that last year.They need a solid running game to take some of the pressure off of Brady.

Why not ease back into those long throws? They did that last year. They need a solid running game to take some of the pressure off of Brady.

Shh, that's heresy according to some on this board. We have the most explosive offense of all time and a running game is just a distraction. :D

Why not ease back into those long throws? They did that last year.They need a solid running game to take some of the pressure off of Brady.

The preseason is a better time to ease Brady into those long throws than the regular season.

Shh, that's heresy according to some on this board. We have the most explosive offense of all time and a running game is just a distraction. :D

We also have a qb coming back from a major injury. Why not take some of the pressure off him? We will need a running game in bad weather. Remember the weather reports of 2007? People were following the weather on Monday for a Sunday game. LOL!

We also have a qb coming back from a major injury. Why not take some of the pressure off him? We will need a running game in bad weather. Remember the weather reports of 2007? People were following the weather on Monday for a Sunday game. LOL!

You're preaching to the choir, as far as I'm concerned. But for a vehement debate on the relative importance of the running game to our offense and overall success, see the following:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/262884-first-impressions-2-a.html

See post #22 and the ensuing replies for a heated discussion.

The oline better show up next week or Brady will be dead! The Redskins defense looks great against the Steelers.

Washington will have an excellent defense in 2009. Haynesworth is an absolute beast, the kind of player we hope Seymour and Wilfork can grow up to be.
Depth charts at footballguys.com

DL - Andre Carter, Albert Haynesworth, Cornelius Griffin, Phillip Daniels
LB - Rocky McIntosh, London Fletcher, Brian Orakpo
Secondary - Smoot/Hall, Landry, Horton, Rodgers

This will be a good test for the offense, looking forward to the action.

I was thinking earlier today that the upcoming Redskin game was kinda concerning. I think it could be elevated physically for a preseason game.

Starters in longer.
Nationally televised.
Oct. 2007

Yeah, I know it's preseason...but the Redskins were particularly pissed about that game and hanging 52 on them.

I didn't know it was going to be televised nationally. Thanks for the info.

I watched the game, and you are correct, the Skins have a really good defense. Their D Line is great.

Fortunately, they are a bit weak on O.

Washington will have an excellent defense in 2009. Haynesworth is an absolute beast, the kind of player we hope Seymour and Wilfork can grow up to be.
Depth charts at footballguys.com

DL - Andre Carter, Albert Haynesworth, Cornelius Griffin, Phillip Daniels
LB - Rocky McIntosh, London Fletcher, Brian Orakpo
Secondary - Smoot/Hall, Landry, Horton, Rodgers

This will be a good test for the offense, looking forward to the action.

Haynesworth was always good, but he didn't become an "absolute beast" until his contract year. Let's see how much of a beast he is now that he is fat and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down