PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watching Hard Knocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish it was a joke, but I can't help what I saw on Hard Knocks. Maybe it's just HBO's good editing team helping him look good. But Brady can make a guy like Hogan a legit receiver. A few years ago, we didn't think much about Welker while he was running 'round MIA, playing with scrubby QBs, but Belichick saw something. Playing under Brady has got Welker's head swollen, but the pats can send him on to the Jets or back to MIA where he will be nothing the rest of his career. He's getting old and wants money he's not even worth, IMO. Hogan is 24 years old and Hogan is... well.... always open.

I'm just sayin. The Pats were working out Plax and I thought that was funnier than my comments. So why not pick up Hogan and possibly Johnson again, for less than $6 mill this time? Johnson looking for a distraction from the allegations may have him extra motivated to fall in line and Hogan...

is always open.

This post is an example of the term, "Doubling Down".

And he wants Johnson back... Some days it seems truly unfortunate that Ian has a rule about calling other members morons.

So you are saying there is a rule against calling someone a MORON? Hmmm but by just mentioning MORON am I breaking the rules or I do I actually have to quote said MORON or mention said MORON by name? keep in mind these questions are just hypothetical and I am not calling anyone in particular a MORON.
;):D

But Brady can make a guy like Hogan a legit receiver. A few years ago, we didn't think much about Welker while he was running 'round MIA, playing with scrubby QBs, but Belichick saw something. Playing under Brady has got Welker's head swollen, but the pats can send him on to the Jets or back to MIA where he will be nothing the rest of his career. He's getting old and wants money he's not even worth, IMO. .

Patsfans lusted after W3 when he was a Phin

Pats cannot cut Welker as you mentioned previously to save money. He signed his tender and gets the $ even if cut.

Prospects for trading W3 are severely dimmed by the fact that he's a free agent next year unless franchised again. Teams can just wait to sign the even older over priced WR for 2013 and have him in camp all pre-season learning their system.

Someday you'll make a post that makes football sense. Good luck!

And he wants Johnson back... Some days it seems truly unfortunate that Ian has a rule about calling other members morons.

Don't beat around the bush. The dude's a f'n moron.

I like Hard Knocks. I would be really happy if the Pats decided to give HBO a shot to film them, but the Pats organization are to secretive about a lot of stuff.

7-11 looks like he's worth the Pats cutting Welker and picking up. Not that Welker's bad just not worth the money.

I'm hoping he gets cut, it doesn't look like he would though. The other WRs in MIA, it seems, are not as good as 7/11, and even if they kept Johnson, he wouldn't have been as good as 7/11 because he couldn't grasp their system.

Agreed, and if they can get rid of Ridley and Vereen and steal Maroney off of the unemployment line, and maybe get Eugene Chung to come in for Solder this team will be good to go. Great minds think alike.

The dolphins have a possible woody on their hands with hoggan. Te. Consider him depth for Hernandez/wes/edes if cut. Udfa te, fast forty. Gets open. Reggie bush nick named him 7-11(always open). If this is the same kid from episode 1 (about 4 shots of J.D. past checking that right now) that couldn't block, he is the perfect Dallas Clark type (chip on the way out at most) wr/te hybrid to replace Hernandez if injury strikes. I will assume the dolphins won't cut this kid, but who thought the jests would cut woody a few years back? Ok, far from perfect at te, however in the slot...made for it. At least from my half drunk HBO clip evaluation of his play. Guess I'll be downloading the Miami preseason games to check this out. Both Garrard and the draftee were calling out the 3rd string qb for missing this kid in the ez...hopefully the coaches let him go...

Edit:
He doesn't have an overweight, out of shape McKnight to bump his off the roster. At the same time, I am not saying he is the next woody (player everyone but the coaching staff can see is don't well, see woodhead), simply that my guess for one so far would be Hogan. Maybe there is a cb, ol, dl, etc.

Unfortunately, all we get to see/hear about is wr/te/rb/qb. And maybe the db by task of beating said wr (whoever was shutting down cj?). The "big uglies" get no love or camera, unless they are the "ugliest guy in camp." They make the true difference.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think you are confusing Les Brown (a walk-on TE who ran a 4.3 40) with Chris Hogan, a WR who Reggie Bush has named "7-11" because he is "always open". Hogan ran a 4.5 40 at his Pro Day. He gets open because of his moves and route-running, not pure speed.

Your right. J.D. was being consumed heavily last night. My apologies :p

Your right. J.D. was being consumed heavily last night. My apologies :p

Confused or not, at least the other posters can't say, "You don't know Jack..."

Last edited:
So you are saying there is a rule against calling someone a MORON? Hmmm but by just mentioning MORON am I breaking the rules or I do I actually have to quote said MORON or mention said MORON by name? keep in mind these questions are just hypothetical and I am not calling anyone in particular a MORON.
;):D

You replied to MOlewisrocks.....what if his middle name is RON??

Then, would Ian have banned you for addressing him by his given name...... MO RON??

Good grief, I am so ready for real football!

I wish it was a joke, but I can't help what I saw on Hard Knocks. Maybe it's just HBO's good editing team helping him look good. But Brady can make a guy like Hogan a legit receiver. A few years ago, we didn't think much about Welker while he was running 'round MIA, playing with scrubby QBs, but Belichick saw something. Playing under Brady has got Welker's head swollen, but the pats can send him on to the Jets or back to MIA where he will be nothing the rest of his career. He's getting old and wants money he's not even worth, IMO. Hogan is 24 years old and Hogan is... well.... always open.

I'm just sayin. The Pats were working out Plax and I thought that was funnier than my comments. So why not pick up Hogan and possibly Johnson again, for less than $6 mill this time? Johnson looking for a distraction from the allegations may have him extra motivated to fall in line and Hogan...

is always open.

Let me make sure I understand.
Wes Welker since joining the Patriots has caught more passes than any WR ever has in the same # of years.
In 2011 Wes Welker had the 19th highest receiving yardage total in NFL history.
Of active players only Calvin Johnson (once) and Andre Johnson (once, plus tied a 2nd season) have ever had a season with more yards.
Jerry Rice had 2 seasons with more yards than Welker had last season and one of them was only by 1 yard. Yes you read that right. Jerry Rices 2nd best season of his career as the GOAT WR had 1 more yard than Welker did last year.
No other WR in NFL history had a second best season better than Welker had last year, and only 17 that ever played had more in their career year.

And you want to cut him if you can sign a guy not good enough to make the Dolphins roster, because he looked good on Hard Knocks?

Honestly, you should reconsider posting if this is the thought process you will bring, because this board will eat you alive.

I can't read "Hogan" without thinking Hulk Hogan

You replied to MOlewisrocks.....what if his middle name is RON??

Then, would Ian have banned you for addressing him by his given name...... MO RON??

Good grief, I am so ready for real football!

Posters cannot use the term moron on this site
Reason being there are so many morons that we don't know which one of us you're addressing

what about...

Moron Madness!

or..Morona Piranha

or Don't Miss "Meet The Morons!"

or Lead...The Moron Metal

or Destination....Planet Moron

or Occupation: Moron

or Be Moronic! (what have you got to lose?)

"Look!...Up in the sky! ..It's a turd! It's a weird! It's SUPERMORON!

strange idiot from another planet, who, disguised as ill-tempered crossdresser

Ida Moron, wages a neverending battle for idiocy, insanity and

the Amoronican Way!

yow.gif

or Morons Do It...More Or Less

Let me make sure I understand.
Wes Welker since joining the Patriots has caught more passes than any WR ever has in the same # of years.
In 2011 Wes Welker had the 19th highest receiving yardage total in NFL history.
Of active players only Calvin Johnson (once) and Andre Johnson (once, plus tied a 2nd season) have ever had a season with more yards.
Jerry Rice had 2 seasons with more yards than Welker had last season and one of them was only by 1 yard. Yes you read that right. Jerry Rices 2nd best season of his career as the GOAT WR had 1 more yard than Welker did last year.
No other WR in NFL history had a second best season better than Welker had last year, and only 17 that ever played had more in their career year.

And you want to cut him if you can sign a guy not good enough to make the Dolphins roster, because he looked good on Hard Knocks?

Honestly, you should reconsider posting if this is the thought process you will bring, because this board will eat you alive.

I feel like his idea is too far fetched to be real. If his intention was to stir things up here then it worked.

I can't remember ever watching Hard Knocks. Is it worth a look?

They did cut him, trying to get him to the practice squad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back