Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anyone watching 60 Minutes tonight?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

I rarely watch, but wow, what an amazing pair of stories so far. The first was the unavoidable, and on coming wave of fiscal crisis we'll see with state and local budgets. Basically, they explained that it's so bad that some municipal bonds will default within the next 12 months. Terrific stuff. Not in a good way though.

The second story they're doing now on these people that can remember every single day of their lives. Basically, you say to them November 15th 1991, and they tell you the day of the week it was, and everything that happened that day. Sick, sick stuff. It makes you realize how underutilized the average mind is.
  2. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

I guess they call this "superior auto-biographical memory". I could only imagine what being married to a woman with this would be like. She'd remember EVERYTHING! :eek:
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I vaguely remember watching/reading about some woman who remembered everything. She said (basically) it sucked. All the embarrasing moments, all the bad things. Maybe she tended to harp on the negative, but for someone who had such a gift, she sure didn't sound blessed. Aren't you watching the game?
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2