PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watch todays BB presser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX_Patriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Was it me, or was BB paying a lot of back handed compliments to the Giants.

Example #1, when asked about the Giants and their playoff run, the first thing out of his mouth was how their special teams have stepped it up. OK, that's totally reasonable, but then he adds, "Especially their kicking game, they've been great in the kicking game." Really Bill, after missing 2 game winning field goals in the last game? Almost, fumbling away the most important punt of the game??

Example #2, When asked about Eli's improved play, BB quickly points out that his receivers are playing better, the running game is keeping things balanced, and the line is giving him better protection. OK, totally valid points, but Bill what about the perception that Eli's making better decisions with the ball? *chirp* *chirp*
Oh, he did say that Eli doesn't seem to be making as many turnovers and that's good...I guess. BB, never says Eli's is playing better, just says the team around him has picked up their game.

Also, he doesn't really say a whole lot about the Giants D. He also smiled alot and joked with the media today.

I've heard that when BB is in a joking mood early in the week, it usually means that he's pretty confident that he's figured the opposing team out already. Not sure if that's true, but you can't definitely read between the lines with some of his banter.

Last edited:
New to posting but been lurking for years. Why, what wrong with what I asked?

Bill always talks up the opponent, believe me, they weren't back handed comments

He does it every week. He probably has a list of 30 compliments for a team, and each week he picks 3 or 4 and sticks to those all week, whether they apply to the team he's playing or not.

Alright guys, I'm not wet behind the ears. I know that he talks up the other team, and he did today as well, but it was just different than his normal stuff. Obviously, I must be reading to much into it. But I found it funny that he just wouldn't compliment Eli's "improved" play.

Last edited:
it's the week before the Superbowl, man

give him time, he's gotta have fun with the media too, it's been a long season!

Alright guys, I'm not wet behind the ears. I know that he talks up the other team, and he did today as well, but it was just different than his normal stuff. Obviously, I must be reading to much into it. But I found it funny that he just wouldn't compliment Eli's "improved" play.

I think you made a really good observation. I'd like to see the video of the press conferences to see if I come to the same conclusion.

He is right -- BB has pored over the film and knows he can beeat the Giants, I mean he did it what, 3 weeks ago? Come on guys, this is the greatest coach in NFL history. Anyone doubt he doesnt know how to beat the Gints?

I think you made a really good observation. I'd like to see the video of the press conferences to see if I come to the same conclusion.

It's on Patriots.com, under videos, dated today.

Apparently, not taking anything away from Eli, they have great special teams. offense, defense, coaches, front office, ownership, organization.......zzzzzzzzzzz

New to posting but been lurking for years. Why, what wrong with what I asked?
Nothing, except when we played the 0-13 Dolphins, BB make them sound like the '85 Bears.

BB has never mocked a team or player before a game. He has mocked a couple players after the game, Fred Ex and Action Jackson (or maybe Koren Robinson) because those players loudly insulted his team before the game.

But mostly he hands out platitudes.

BTW, kicking game is more than kicking FGs. He was probably referring to KO returns, at which the excel. Or kickoff coverage. Or punt coverage. Or punt returns.

BB has never mocked a team or player before a game. He has mocked a couple players after the game

It was sweet when he nailed "Guaranteed Win" Smith with "we've played against a lot better backs than him, I'll tell you that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down