PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone want to complain about

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Maroney on the kickoffs anymore? The kid has broke off 2 of 70+ yards, one in each of the last 2 weeks.

This is WHY Maroney is on kickoffs. And I want to continue to see him there until they get someone just as good. The kid is ELECTRIC and could break one at any time.

DaBruinz said:
Maroney on the kickoffs anymore? The kid has broke off 2 of 70+ yards, one in each of the last 2 weeks.

This is WHY Maroney is on kickoffs. And I want to continue to see him there until they get someone just as good. The kid is ELECTRIC and could break one at any time.
I don't know if he's getting better blocking or is more comfortable doing it, but he's a lot more aggressive and less hesitant than before the break. I never complained about it from a "potential injury" standpoint, I just didn't think he was doing that well at it. Obviously that has changed.

DaBruinz said:

I agree. He'll never be faster than he is now. He is a rookie, and rookies are often used on special teams. He immediately answered back after the only big play and possible momentum shifter the Vikes had tonight. This is football. Send him back there.

I complained about this earlier in the year, and I was wrong. The kid is a killer back there.

BelichickFan said:
I don't know if he's getting better blocking or is more comfortable doing it, but he's a lot more aggressive and less hesitant than before the break. I never complained about it from a "potential injury" standpoint, I just didn't think he was doing that well at it. Obviously that has changed.
Game speed, reading blocks, field vision - he's getting in tune with the game.

I never complained - but I'll admit I've been worried.

I don't think that will stop, but there's no question that the can quicky break open or put away a game with his speed and instincts.

Last week on NFLN they did a piece about the pre game meetings with the broadcast crews and featured BB talking to Deirdorf and Co. Dan asked him about Jackson's progress, and as part of his anawer BB said he also might be on the verge of being featured in the return game. I would like to see that as well.

The kid can definitely break them off. Still makes me nervous. But then again I'm a worrywort.

MoLewisrocks said:
Last week on NFLN they did a piece about the pre game meetings with the broadcast crews and featured BB talking to Deirdorf and Co. Dan asked him about Jackson's progress, and as part of his anawer BB said he also might be on the verge of being featured in the return game. I would like to see that as well.
Jackson had a nice spin move tonight to escape the gunner and gain 3 yds or so on a punt return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes