PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone want a good laugh? I present the SI 06 predictions (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clicked on the link to open the SI.com page in a different window, shifted my eyeballs to the bottom where I saw the Dolphins in SB41, then clicked on the 'X' in the upper-right corner of that window.

And my wife wonders why I didn't renew my SI subscription when it expired in mid-2005.

Regards,
Chris

What a joke!

I bet the Dolphins don't even qualify for the playoffs!

Re: SI NFL Preview

Three classic traps for media members, all combined in one divisional story-line: the "team threw together a winning streak after they were out of it" trap, the "team made one big addition" trap, and the "team lost hyped star who wasn't really all that important" trap (Vinatieri).

Writers fall for those ALL the time. It's inevitable, and when you combine them all in one two-team consideration ... predictions that will be embarrassing in a few months result.

And, Paul Zimmerman is my favorite football columnist, easily, but I don't get his column. Because the Patriots are mad and working hard, they're doing it out of panic? Funny, I thought they were doing it because they are so competitive that a loss to end the season sends them into a simmering rage for an entire offseason.

You say to-may-to, I say to-mah-to, I guess ...

Not too far off from my prediction of NE going 11-5 (winning AFCE) and the Dolphins at 10-6 (but losing out in tie-breaker as a Wild Card playoff qualifier).
Nice try, but no way Miami makes it to SB in Miami. I have the Colts winning big over Tampa Bay in SB.

groundgame said:
I have the Colts winning big over Tampa Bay in SB.

TRAITOR!

Watching too many Peyton Manning commercials, aren't we?

ATippett56 said:
TRAITOR!

Watching too many Peyton Manning commercials, aren't we?

Not a Manning fan, but after knocking on the door for many seasons, the mathmatical odds of winning it all this year most favor the Colts.

and the Dolphin bandwagon continues. I'm not saying they're a terrible team, but they're so overrated right now it's ridiculous, let's actually see them do something besides beat a few lowly teams and the Pats third string before we put them in the Superbowl. The only funny thing about that prediction is that it would have the Phins losing the Superbowl on their homefield. Also, all of the NFC East teams at 9-7? What a cop out prediction that is.

The biggest joke might be the bills winning 8 games. I mean if the Dolphins are so good they are sure to beat the bills twice. The pats should beat them twice. They'll probably split with the Jets. Thats 5 losses right there. I haven't even looked at their schedule, but I'm sure theres more than 3 losses to be found in the rest of their schedule.

Re: Anyone want a good laugh? I present the SI 06 predictions

PatsRI said:
Dolphins in the Super Bowl? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Then he has the whole NFC East at 9-7?

I printed and saved the SI "Experts' Picks" for SB XL. Here they are:

Peter King: Vikings-Pats with Pats winning
Don Banks: Panthers-Pats with Pats winning
Michael Silver: Falcons-Pats with Falcons (I'm not making this up) winning
Jeffri Chadiha: Panthers-Pats with Panthers winning
Dr. Z: Panthers-Colts with Panthers winning

Any questions? I mean, even tho it's a little painful for us as Pats fans, not a single one of the "experts" picked either SB team.

Only one of them (Chadiha) had the Seahawks in the playoffs at all and only two (King and Banks) even had the Steelers in the Playoffs, let alone going to the SB.

So, you can follow the SI predictions or you can ask your dog to bark the winner. Same difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back