PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Wanna See What "All-In" Looks Like?

manhattan01.jpg

Second worst deal in Redskin history. :D

Something I've been pondering: has any team ever benefited in the long term from one of these trades that give up a king' ransom of draft picks for a single player? Even when you hit on the player, like Julio Jones with the Falcons, you're left with long-term damage to your team's talent pipeline.

Something I've been pondering: has any team ever benefited in the long term from one of these trades that give up a king' ransom of draft picks for a single player? Even when you hit on the player, like Julio Jones with the Falcons, you're left with long-term damage to your team's talent pipeline.

The giants did okay after giving up Rivers, and more picks for eli.
it also worked out for san diego, kinda.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-over-rgiii-trade-during-pre-game-coin-flip/

Dan Steinberg @dcsportsbog · 2h2 hours ago
Rams Coach Jeff Fisher taunted the Redskins on their failed trade before yesterday's game http://wapo.st/1ysjWic

".......And to drive home that point, Fisher sent six of those players out for Sunday’s pre-game coin flip...."

Fran Tarkenton on RGIII;
I said two years ago that RG3 would not make it. This guy comes from a good family, a good background, a good school, Baylor; he’s a smart young man, physically gifted, he can throw it. But he came into the league with an arrogance. He goes into Washington, which is the worst place for him to go. They have been so hungry for a quarterback, and for winning, they worshipped him. Here’s RG3; he’s our savior, he’s our guy. His father gets involved and is in the locker room—I have never seen a father in a locker room on Sundays. The owner, Dan Snyder, adopts him and becomes his best friend. So RG3, at 21, 22, thought he was Jesus, right? And he was making pontifical statements about how he approached the game. I was listening to him the offseason after his rookie year, which was not a bad year, and I’m saying, “Holy s—, this guy is out of control with his ego.” That was the first sign you saw that he lacked leadership. Then, he was so into himself. You know a quarterback’s job? Make his teammates better. It’s not about you; it’s about your teammates. You’ve got to make them better, and if you don’t make them better, you have no chance. And he was all about RG3. I sympathize with Jay Gruden. Gruden came out and pointed out, which is right, that he has no mechanics. He is a terrible passer, has no accuracy, he doesn’t understand the offense, he doesn’t read defenses, and he has no discipline. When he is supposed to take a three-yard drop, he takes a one-yard drop; if he is supposed to take a five-yard drop, it’s a three-yard drop. There’s no discipline and understanding of the defense because he is a pontificator. He will never make it. He will be out of football. He will be in the same graveyard as JaMarcus Russell and Vince Young.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/05/nfl-fran-tarkenton-adrian-peterson-ray-rice-robert-griffin-iii-rg3/

That's what Washington got for those 6 players.

What Jeff Fisher did by naming the players he got in the RGIII trade captains for the Washington game just confirms that despite being a decent but over rated HC, he is also one of the biggest scumbag bullies in the NFL. A HC who I can't wish anything good for. He's a man who enjoyed watching other players get hurt and taught his own players how to hurt them.

There was no reason to kick Washington, their HC, and RGIII while they are down. Its not like they have yet to have a winning season yet with the Rams, despite all those picks and a supposed franchise QB.

To repeat: Jeff Fisher - scum bag, D bag, bully, and over rated HC who has had more bad years than good ones. JMHO

As to the OP, its perfectly correct. Trading a lot of picks for a player rarely works out. Think about the Falcons and Julio Jones. Jones is every bit the player the Falcons hoped he'd be, and the deal could STILL be easily argued as the point when the Falcons began to go downhill. I'd bet the farm that Dimitriov wishes now that he'd listened to BB's advise and I'd bet another farm that he won't make that same mistake again

Last edited:
What Jeff Fisher did by naming the players he got in the RGIII trade captains for the Washington game just confirms that despite being a decent but over rated HC, he is also one of the biggest scumbag bullies in the NFL. A HC who I can't wish anything good for. He's a man who enjoyed watching other players get hurt and taught his own players how to hurt them.

There was no reason to kick Washington, their HC, and RGIII while they are down. Its not like they have yet to have a winning season yet with the Rams, despite all those picks and a supposed franchise QB.

To repeat: Jeff Fisher - scum bag, D bag, bully, and over rated HC who has had more bad years than good ones. JMHO

As to the OP, its perfectly correct. Trading a lot of picks for a player rarely works out. Think about the Falcons and Julio Jones. Jones is every bit the player the Falcons hoped he'd be, and the deal could STILL be easily argued as the point when the Falcons began to go downhill. I'd bet the farm that Dimitriov wishes now that he'd listened to BB's advise and I'd bet another farm that he won't make that same mistake again

That was abundantly clear when he was mocking a clearly injured (and intentionally injured) Rodney Harrison in 2006.

TRUE DAT!

That said, it is still UPROARIOUSLY HILARIOUS FUNNY that he SENT THOSE 6 OUT for the coin-flip.

That's absolutely hilarious. I don't like how Fisher's teams are typically too aggressive for my likeing, but that's a funny antic.

It's a DC Thing, I don't expect everyone here to understand.

So, Ken, generally, yes, but given the OWNER involved..........

1290037123_m_cover_illo.jpg

It doesn't seem to work out that well for either team in these types of trades. The Browns have been a part of two of these recently, for Sanchez (snicker) and Julio Jones, and they're marginally better this year but still no where near contenders. As mentioned above, as much of a disaster as the RGIII trade has been for Washington, St. Louis hasn't exactly parlayed those assets into any good seasons.

Part of it could be that teams that have high picks to trade are, by definition, a ways off from being a good team, and it's a hard road back to the top. But still, it's not like the teams trading down are the model any more than the team trading crazy resources to move up. All about what you do with the picks, IMO, not where the picks are.

Fisher....

tumblr_mq1at2UeI91reikcwo1_400.gif

The giants did okay after giving up Rivers, and more picks for eli.
it also worked out for san diego, kinda.

That's the one I go back and forth on. The Giants did win it all with Eli, but in a stumbling way with absolutely no consistency to their success. You have to wonder whether they wouldn't have actually won more with Rivers + Merriman +Kaeding.

Last night Michael Irvin somewhat called Fisher out during the highlights. He said , Fisher is in the competition commitee which decides fines and flags for show boating in a game , isnt what he is doing the same thing ?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back