PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone think Marty will open it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblesz

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
He has been criticized so much for being conservative. Run left, run right. I think he pulls a Martz (not using Marshall Faulk) and tries throwing the ball more because of his reputation. While he SHOULD run LT left and right until we prove that we can stop him, I think he comes out and tries to open it up by throwing on first and second down. If he does this, it is a huge mistake.

He has been criticized so much for being conservative. Run left, run right. I think he pulls a Martz (not using Marshall Faulk) and tries throwing the ball more because of his reputation. While he SHOULD run LT left and right until we prove that we can stop him, I think he comes out and tries to open it up by throwing on first and second down. If he does this, it is a huge mistake.

I think he'll take his shots on first down to counte the argument that he is conservative and I think it will backfire setting up 2nd and 10 in which case he'll run LT and then it will set up a nice 3rd and 5 or it'll turn into a pick.

Marty is what he is. He'll try to pound LT and not give Rivers the chance to 'lose' the game early on. He will take his chances on defense though.

Marty is what he is; very good in the regular season, a stiff come playoff time. 5-12, 0 for his last 4, but Charger fans keep whistling past the graveyard, the closer the game is, the bigger the choke job, bank on it.

Reportedly he gave his coordinators more leeway this season. I'd like to read some anxiety into his body language, but I forgot my silly muckraker decoder wheel so I'll just have to assume he's going to keep doing what got them there.

Doesn't Cameron call the plays?

I'm sure if it's aggressive playcalling and it works, Cameron will get the credit. If it doesn't, poor Marty will get the blame for trying to change his rep.

And Cameron is in line for a head coaching spot, I'm sure he'd love to show things off a bit.

Doesn't Cameron call the plays?

I'm sure if it's aggressive playcalling and it works, Cameron will get the credit. If it doesn't, poor Marty will get the blame for trying to change his rep.

And Cameron is in line for a head coaching spot, I'm sure he'd love to show things off a bit.

Exactly...that's why I think Marty (or Cameron) will open it up a little. Don't wanna appear too conservative.

Yes, Cam Cameron calls the plays. Marty has input into the gameplan but he's made it very clear Cam Cameron runs the offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey