PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone think if Addai and Sanders play its only because its New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a matter of timing. Sanders wanted to play last week, but the Colts wanted to be safe. Addai was iffy all last week and they weren't totally sure until the weekend that he wasn't going to play. Both of them are coming back around the time frame that they had predicted.

Disagree. This game is huge for the knockout punch and mentality needed to salvage the season. A lot of players with mild aches and pains who may not have played if we had a winning record will likely play.
That was last week. Last week the Colts needed a win to salvage the season and Manning played like Jeff George.

The Colts have already tanked their season and the only thing left for them is to salvage a bit of pride by beating the Pats.

That will not be enough motivation as the Colts absoutely suck this year and except for horrible fourth quarter play by the Vikes and Texans would be 1-6.

Anyone watching Manning's fluttering passes must realize that his knee is not healed.

Better luck next year.

I don't buy that the Giants are a great team. Very good - absolutely. Unbeatable - no way. The Pats losing the SB last year should debunk that thought process. Always remember that the playoffs are becoming more of a crapshoot. The "best team" has not won the SB since the Pats in 2004. The Giants could easily have lost to NE, Dallas or GB last year. The Steelers and Colts both had magical rides the years they won it. It is not even the half way point. Numerous injuries will take place. Someone we are not currently thinking about will emerge as a serious contender. I personally am concerned about the Pats ceiling due to Cassell in the playoffs but am comforted by the fact there are no big time AFC teams in my opinion. If we just win the games we are favored in then we'll make the playoffs and anything can happen.

I hope nobody gets injured, but in a way I do see it as a gutsy call to put Addai and sanders out. its just a way of showing that they are 100% ready, but not physically ready that is. If it back fires, even better for us. But I hope our guys kick their ass and we dont get anymore injuries.

Besides what many of you think, My opinion remains the same that if the Colts were playing the Lions,Raiders,Bengals or 49ers or any other crappy team this week - Addai and Sanders are sipping Gatorade on the bench and staying there.

Ok, that makes sense. But it's not what you said, that we were all disagreeing with:

I think its an issue of the fact that its the hated Patriots they are playing and even if these 2 guys are gimpy, Dungy,Polian and his arrogant group want BADLY to beat the Patriots and do whatever it takes and put these guys out earlier than they should be out there - I think its risky and I bet they are nowhere near 100% ready to be back playing.

I think any other team but the Patriots, and Addai and Sanders are sitting out another week.

IMO, huge difference between "if the opponent were a pushover they'd give their recovering players extra rest" and "they're willing to put their season and their players' health at risk out of pure hatred for the Patriots."

The colts are not put the health of Addai and Sanders at risk because they are playing a team whose fans hate them, or a team whose fans hates the patriots.

This is an important game and they will play of their coaching staff thinks that they will add value. The situation is the same on our side with Morris, Jordan, Lew Sanders and Hobbs. I don't think any of those four players would be playing if this week's game were against Kansas City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes