PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone see Stallworth's post game interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeauOUCH

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Keep in mind Donte just had his best game of the season by far & if I hadnt watched the game & just saw this interview I would of bet the Pats had lost the game.

He looked very somber in the short clip that I saw. He said something to the effect of, "I'm really disappointed with our play today. We made a lot of mistakes out there today & we really need to get better. I know we are gonna hear it 1st thing monday morning from coach."

I find this both hilarious and comforting, I can't ever remembering seeing a pro football player so disappointed in a 17 point win.

All the chicken littles on this board complaining about how sloppy this game was etc etc need a reality check. This team was up 20 - 0 at the half & basically cruised to an easy win. They were coming off a road monday night game on short rest, playing an easy to overlook Browns team with a HUGE road game at Dallas the following week.

The NFL is a long brutal season & the reason why no team has gone undefeated since the '72 Dolphins is because it is simply impossible to bring your "A" game to every single game for all 17 weeks. At the same time teams that are undefeated face every teams "A" game every week because no team is not going to every be up facing an undefeated team.

Even though the game was sloppy & Brady had a "bad game" ( for him this season anyway ) I thought there was plenty to be happy about in this game.

I loved seeing Stallworth getting more involved in the offence, he seems to have real nice open field moves & when teams start doubling Moss every week ( like this week ) he's going to get open & have some huge games this year.

Watson had a HUGE game, with all the DB's covering Moss, Welker & Stallworth that leaves a LB to cover Watson..HUGE mismatch.

OT but does anyone else think Dallas is going to lose to the Bills tonight?? I see this being a very close game. I hope I'm wrong & Dallas KILLS the Bills tonight so this sundays game is even more hyped..I cant wait! :rocker:

man i shudder to think whats going to happen here when Brady has reached the end of his career and we dont have the best QB ever. Turn into the phins for all i know.

I just want Dallas to be tired and for Buffalo to play a physical game. That short week could haunt the 'Boys.

As much as I agree with the talk of what a great teammate Moss has been, Stallworth has impressed me, maybe, more because he's had reason to sulk. He's been largely ignored and is a pseudo UFA after this year (unless the Patriots pick up the option). You are right, we need him and he's started to flash more and more - as that continues the offense should become nearly unstoppable except for when we stop ourselves like yesterday.

Regarding yesterday, it was sloppy but it didn't concern me. As I expect the Cowboys will find, it's tough to roll back into town at 4am on Tuesday and be yourself on Sunday.

man i shudder to think whats going to happen here when Brady has reached the end of his career and we dont have the best QB ever. Turn into the phins for all i know.
Given that Belichick's contract runs until Brady is 36 or 37 I expect them to walk out the door together. Hopefully with a few more rings and the winningest partnership ever (not counting the pre NFL years).

And it'll never be the same again - enjoy the next 6 years :)

Brady seemed dissapointed all game

its 17 point win..against a bad team. try that against Dallas or Colts and we'll get killed

Stallworth said we were killing ourselves.

humble pie btw

The NFL is a long brutal season & the reason why no team has gone undefeated since the '72 Dolphins is because it is simply impossible to bring your "A" game to every single game for all 17 weeks. At the same time teams that are undefeated face every teams "A" game every week because no team is not going to every be up facing an undefeated team.
I think those words are so so true..the season IS brutal and long and there is a good reason why no team has gone undefeated..add into this equation the pressure that is built up each week as the team wins games..and it's VERY hard to do. (Another reason I don't like talk of this so early..fans pointing to it building up talk and such is NOT helping the team at all..Look at how that Tomase article looks DUMB!!!) With a long season it's very hard with so many ups and downs...and with injuries and close games..NOT easy.
I did not think they played a great game and must play better..but I am happy with the win. A Win is a win is a win!! It's that simple..but to not see how and what mistakes were made is overlooking the obvious. That they did not play good and won is a credit to how strong the team is..but they need to improve every week..OR at least have that as a goal to do that. BB is great at looking at what is needed and I think the players also understand this as well.
Stallworth sees knows understands...Brady does as well. He KNOWS he can do much better.

Brady seemed dissapointed all game

its 17 point win..against a bad team. try that against Dallas or Colts and we'll get killed

Stallworth said we were killing ourselves.

humble pie btw

I think we had an off game and the Browns played a good game considering the injuries during the game.

1st team to score 17 points on the Pats
1st team to deny Randy Moss any touchdowns
1st team effectively taking Randy Moos and Welker out of the game, compared to past games.
1st team to prevent the Pats from scoring in the 3rd quarter, this was after allowing 2 touchdowns and 2 field goals and being scoreless in the 1st half. That's coaching making adjustments and the players stepping up.

I heard someone last night comment on how AD was a little taken aback by how hard Bill is on them when they win. Went to Rosie who quietly explained the stay humble mentality to him, which of course is how the shirts then came to be. Lots of these guys have played for HC's who are too quick to let their excitement at just winning overshadow the need to remain humble and continue improving. Some players aren't ever going to adjust to that change because they enjoy basking in the glow of say individual plays week to week too much to grasp the significance of mistakes they also made potentially proving too costly to overcome next week. Hence why so may teams are up and down and maddeningly inconsistent. This year's FA group seems to be embracing Bill's bigger picture POV. I think they see how it will lead to a lot more consistently better outcomes than they have experienced in those other situations.

An example of the opposite was crybaby LdT spouting off last night about how they have fixed everything in SD now and this is the team you will see from here on out. LOL Denver sucking had AT LEAST as much to do with their one week turnaround as anything any of them did.

doesnt matter if they took out Welker or Moss. makes 0 difference. we had guys step up and thats why we have so many weapons on this team and thats why we are hard to stop.

Brady missed 3 wide open passes in the 3rd quarter. 1 to Welker, 1 to Moss and i forget the 3rd :\ but he made a bad throw

defense was very bad imo. we couldnt stop the run..we let up a lot of big passes to Edwards, Carter, Winslow.

should not have happened. 2 weeks in a row our defense wasnt at its best

the defense needs to play like they did against Chargers. We missed too many tackles, we got beat a few times, we constantly let up 5 yards on the run even though Joe Thomas was blatantly holding 75% of the time but thats part of the game and u gotta get past it.

we really cant depend on Seau to be our top performer. we have too much talent on this defense.

i watched highlights of the Jaguars-Chiefs game and their defense SWARMS to the ball. Larry Johnson got a handoff, the corners ran up the line to play bounce, Linebackers plugged their wholes and DL pushed and closed him in.

i dont think our defense swarms to the ball. We need everyone to get to the ball, tackle as a team and stop them immediatley. On offense..our OL played very well imo. I dont recall many bad blocks besides 1 that stood out when Hochstein just got blown up. They doubled Moss..Stallworth and Watson had big days. simple. no problem there. Morris ran hard. Brady missed few plays..our redzone offense was terrible. i mean playcalling,blocking, whatever it is. we need to be able to surge forward and get in the endzone and stop getting no movement there.

i can easily see why players arent satisfied

I can think of big drops by Evans and Stallworth that would have at the very least kept us on the field with 3rd down conversions. In Stallworth's case, it looked like he had a huge lane to run up after the catch. In both cases, they tried to run before catching the ball. Brady missed Moss and Watson at least a couple of times on uncharacteristic poor throws. Even with that, he should have had another passing TD (4th) since Watson was hauled down late in the game in the end zone on a ball he would have caught otherwise.

We were off and on all game long, but a trap game after a Monday night game would have felled a lesser team and we won handily.

On D, we looked sharp except for key penalties that kept us out there after we appeared to have taken them out.

BTW - I thought Watson was going to have a big game, but for some unexplained reason I second guessed myself and I left him on the bench in my Fantasy league. I lost by 7 pts. That will teach me to have more faith. LOL

Keep in mind Donte just had his best game of the season by far & if I hadnt watched the game & just saw this interview I would of bet the Pats had lost the game.

He looked very somber in the short clip that I saw. He said something to the effect of, "I'm really disappointed with our play today. We made a lot of mistakes out there today & we really need to get better. I know we are gonna hear it 1st thing monday morning from coach."

I find this both hilarious and comforting, I can't ever remembering seeing a pro football player so disappointed in a 17 point win.

I can't ever remember feeling more disappointed with a 17 point win. I don't blame Donte at all.

he dropped a pass. Brady missed 3 wide open players. its not 1 players fault. its a team game.

I expect BB to stay here beyond the Tom Brady era. I just can't imagine him retiring until his late 60's, which would be 12-15 years from now - he's addicted to pro football.

Brady will probably play another 7 years - about age 37. BB/SP will find another top QB prospect by then and show the world that it wasn't just about TB.

hey, its a 16 game season...

some games the pats are gonna win with complete dominance...(i should prob change that to most...) and some (few) we will look back and say oww, we could have lost that one...and others (ver, very few) we would say...oww, how in the world did we NOT lose taht one?

its part of the game...it woudlnt be as much fun if we beat every team 38-14(at least i dont think so)

I wouldn't say I'm diappointed, but there certainly was some slop going on. One thing I did notice, is that we seemed to make a clunky transition to moving Stallworth and Watson as our prime time guys once they took Moss and Welker away.

I give a lot of credit to Cleveland. Someone said that they are a bad team. I beg to differ. For the first time in forever, I see some real talent out there with Edwards, Winslow and even Anderson (he does need some seasoning though). I bet they end up pretty good.

All the chicken littles on this board complaining about how sloppy this game was etc etc need a reality check. This team was up 20 - 0 at the half & basically cruised to an easy win. They were coming off a road monday night game on short rest, playing an easy to overlook Browns team with a HUGE road game at Dallas the following week.

Even though the game was sloppy & Brady had a "bad game" ( for him this season anyway ) I thought there was plenty to be happy about in this game.

I loved seeing Stallworth getting more involved in the offence, he seems to have real nice open field moves & when teams start doubling Moss every week ( like this week ) he's going to get open & have some huge games this year.

Watson had a HUGE game, with all the DB's covering Moss, Welker & Stallworth that leaves a LB to cover Watson..HUGE mismatch.

OT but does anyone else think Dallas is going to lose to the Bills tonight?? I see this being a very close game. I hope I'm wrong & Dallas KILLS the Bills tonight so this sundays game is even more hyped..I cant wait! :rocker:

People mention Romea was a coach for NE for years but I haven't seen many talk about how it can sometimes be harder to win against your ex-coaches. NE didn't look as good as they could have but beating that Browns team by 17 coming off a short week was pretty good. To think some fans have complained about Brady's performance.... most QB's in the NFL would have taken that 105 QB rating 3 TD showing.

The way I saw this game being played out was BB keeping some of the horses in the barn and not trying to putting the hammer down on Romeo who has not exactly been dealt a full deck out there in Cleveland.

I think the Browns did a good job in some areas but there was never a sense of urgency in this game regarding the outcome. Plus there are a lot of guys who won championships here with Romeo who (I'm sure) did not want to show up Romeo either.

It wasn't always pretty, and I like that some of the players have spoken up to keep the ego's in check. But I am also sensing that the players understand that a collection of great footballers with great leadership don't come by often and that this could be a team for the ages.

I like what I'm hearing but the veterans on this team will certainly restore order for the big game with Dallas.

People mention Romea was a coach for NE for years but I haven't seen many talk about how it can sometimes be harder to win against your ex-coaches. NE didn't look as good as they could have but beating that Browns team by 17 coming off a short week was pretty good. To think some fans have complained about Brady's performance.... most QB's in the NFL would have taken that 105 QB rating 3 TD showing.

Great points. Forgot about the short week. Whats the usual winning percentage for teams coming off MNF? Its less than 50% if I recall correctly.

Yeah, bad game for Brady......I'll take a dozen more of those.

I think those words are so so true..the season IS brutal and long and there is a good reason why no team has gone undefeated..add into this equation the pressure that is built up each week as the team wins games..and it's VERY hard to do. (Another reason I don't like talk of this so early..fans pointing to it building up talk and such is NOT helping the team at all..Look at how that Tomase article looks DUMB!!!) With a long season it's very hard with so many ups and downs...and with injuries and close games..NOT easy.
I did not think they played a great game and must play better..but I am happy with the win. A Win is a win is a win!! It's that simple..but to not see how and what mistakes were made is overlooking the obvious. That they did not play good and won is a credit to how strong the team is..but they need to improve every week..OR at least have that as a goal to do that. BB is great at looking at what is needed and I think the players also understand this as well.
Stallworth sees knows understands...Brady does as well. He KNOWS he can do much better.

The one thing that some of us also might want to think about is becoming spoiled. In that just winning won't be good enough the Patriots will have to blowout the teams their playing in order for some fans to be happy since they already know this Patriots team is capable of doing so. This potential for getting spoiled especially bothers me when it comes to home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back